IGNORED

My Bristol City Challenge

Dan C

From a previous thread here is my challenge,

I'm yet to manage City as they never sack gj. But when I eventually start a new game as there manager I will lead them to a 1st place finish with around-95-105 points.The key to this? Same as I do at every club I manage. A massive clear out. Replacing the average players like woodman etc with quality young players that will improve vastly over the course of there contract and are very attack minded.

Then using a attacking formation and a attacking style of play I will have much success with them.

I will lead them to promotion and will ifasked to provide screenshots as evidence to prove i'm not cheating.

I will use this thread to update and provide screenshots. Rough estimates to complete this challenge will be about a week.

Untill later goodbye and happy playing. :city::city::city:

From a previous thread here is my challenge,

I will lead them to promotion and will ifasked to provide screenshots as evidence to prove i'm not cheating.

I will use this thread to update and provide screenshots. Rough estimates to complete this challenge will be about a week.

Untill later goodbye and happy playing. :city::city::city:

Your never beat me am in the prem with city in my 4th season and in 3rd plaqce after 28 games .

IPB Image

IPB Image

As You can see all is normal here. Now the hard work begins.

No one ever told me that you start with only a pound :grr: . At least there is 100k to play with in transfer funds. As you can see I have cancelled all friendlies untill I feel I have squad that Iam happy to play in friendlies.

IPB Image

I must have upset alot of players in my 1st day as manager of this great club. But it is needed in order to move foward.

Keith Millen sacked 1st day as assistant manager. Jenison Williams & Josh Klein-Davis released.

Jack Allward, Richard Keogh, Oliver barnes, Shaun Lamb, Danny Wring, Frankie Artus, Luke Ballinger, Elliot Benyon, Sam Pearce, Ryan Harley, Joe Flurry,Craig Woodman, Bradley Orr,Cole Skuse, Alex Russell, Dave Partridge, Scott Murray,Cayton Fortune, Guy Madjo, Jamie smith, Mat Heywood, Scott Brown, Steven Gillespie, Steve Brooker, Luke Wilkshire all transfer listed.

I must have upset alot of players in my 1st day as manager of this great club. But it is needed in order to move foward.

Keith Millen sacked 1st day as assistant manager. Jenison Williams & Josh Klein-Davis released.

Jack Allward, Richard Keogh, Oliver barnes, Shaun Lamb, Danny Wring, Frankie Artus, Luke Ballinger, Elliot Benyon, Sam Pearce, Ryan Harley, Joe Flurry,Craig Woodman, Bradley Orr,Cole Skuse, Alex Russell, Dave Partridge, Scott Murray,Cayton Fortune, Guy Madjo, Jamie smith, Mat Heywood, Scott Brown, Steven Gillespie, Steve Brooker, Luke Wilkshire all transfer listed.

Why? He is by far City's best player on the game and can easily cope with the championship, maybe even the Prem. I'll show a screenshot of him whilst he was in the Championship with City, when I was managing them.

Why? He is by far City's best player on the game and can easily cope with the championship, maybe even the Prem. I'll show a screenshot of him whilst he was in the Championship with City, when I was managing them.

Probley because he would bring in money to but 2 or 3 decent players.

He may well be but I thought I could get better for less and can use teh money to buy 3/4 players with

Probley because he would bring in money to but 2 or 3 decent players.

Correct.

Here is all my transfer dealings so far.

Out

Sam Pearce- Gloucester £1,000

Steve Brooker- Livingston £220,000

David Partridge- Lincoln £100,000

Scott Brown- Burnley £35,000

Jamie Smith- Torquay £28,000

Danny Wring- Bath £0

Ryan Harley- Newport County £0

Bradley Orr- Shelbourne £50,000

Steven Gillespie- Carlisle £95,000

Cole Skuse- Derby £40,000

Clayton Fortune- Luton £28,000

Luke Wilkshire- Perth Glory £150,000

Scott Murray- Northampton £90,000

Matt Heywood- Oldham £100,000

In

Sean Lake-Everton Season Long loan

Mark Knight-Percival- Histon Trial

James Torcaso- Cambridge £40,000

James Lindley- Hucknall Trial

Nathaniel Knight-Percival Histon Trial

Marton Fulop- Spurs Season long loan

Peter Carty- Ashton United £30,000

Owain Fon Williams- Crewe £35,000

Stephan O'Mahony- Limerick £7,000

Terry White, Cobh Ramblers £2,000

Gary Hamilton- Portadown £35,000

Sean St Ledger- Peterborough £120,000

Mefail Emini, Free Transfer

Matt Crowell of Wrexham agreed to join but failed his medical so the transfer was cancelled.

Also promoted Tony Fawthrop to assistant manager for the time being.

Getting slightly worried now as the new season is only 6 days away and the team looks very lightweight and I havn't played any friendlies. Most of the players I am buying though are match fit due to them playing friendlies for there clubs.

Right just about to play my 1st game of the season away at Oldham. Confident of getting some kind of result after some of the signings I have made this week.

Here is the latest comings andgoings at Ashton Gate.

Out

Danny Wring- Bath £0

In

Marton Fulop- Spurs Season long loan(sent back to Spurs)

Terry White- Cobh Ramblers £2,000

Mefail Emini- Free Transfer

Fabio Rosa- Trial

Thomas Smith- Derby £55,000

Will Hendry- Milwall £35,000

Marc Wilson- Portsmouth £0(May rise to £50,000)

Ian Pearce- Fulham £130,000

Kelvin Wilson- Notts County £100,000, May rise to £250,000

Gavin Williams- West Ham £100,000, May rise to £1,100,000

Kevin East- Free Transfer

Lewis Grabban- Crystal Palace £35,000

Matt Crowell of Wrexham agreed to join but failed his medical so the transfer was cancelled.

Been drawn away to Rushden in the Carling Cup.

Sent Fulop back to Spurs as I felt I had to many keepers and i'm just about to wrap up a transfer in teh next few days of a qualitykeeper from the Premiership.

So the new season has now started, 1st game away at Oldham. I wasn't happy with the starting line up I had availible to me but that will improve before the transfer window closes.

With this in mind I would have taken a draw.

However.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Very happy with that but I am not going to get carried away as my team is short of at least 6/7 players.

Next game is Yeovil at home and i'm very worried about this due to the condition of my players after ththe Oldham game.

Right time for a update. Will do so every 3 games. Been a varied start to the season as you will see below but not unexpected.

Latest comings and goings at Ashton Gate.

Out

Danny Wring- Bath £0

Marton Fulop- Back to Spurs

Steve Phillips- Blackpool £90,000

In

Marton Fulop- Spurs Season long loan

Terry White, Cobh Ramblers £2,000

Mefail Emini, Free Transfer

Fabio Rosa- Trial

Thomas Smith- Derby £55,000

Will Hendry- Milwall £35,000

Marc Wilson- Portsmouth £0(May rise to £50,000)

Ian Pearce- Fulham £130,000

Kelvin Wilson, Notts County £100,000, May rise to £250,000

Gavin Williams, West Ham £100,000, May rise to £1,100,000

Kevin East, Free Transfer

Lewis Grabban- Crystal Palace £35,000

Brad Jones- Middlesbrough Free Transfer (may rise to £1,000,000

David Artell- Chester £40,000

David Mirfin- Huddersfiled £0 (may rise to £500,000)

Andy Robinson- Swansea £60,000

Lee Trundle- Swansea £170,000 (May rise to £1.700,000)

Adam Proudlock- Sheff Wed £10,000

Here is the three games I have played. Yeovil(home) Bradford(away) and Hartlepool(home)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Been a mixed bag of results but now I have soem strikers in things are starting to improve. I know where I need to improve the team and i'm working hard on finding players to fill them positions.

So your sort of still on course but i think you need to pick it up a bit.A thing i tryed doing when i was in that division with city was try and get a thew good oldies like dion dublin scored about 15 goals for me plus can be a soild derfender aswell.Also i got dennis wise to tougen up your mid-field.

So your sort of still on course but i think you need to pick it up a bit.A thing i tryed doing when i was in that division with city was try and get a thew good oldies like dion dublin scored about 15 goals for me plus can be a soild derfender aswell.Also i got dennis wise to tougen up your mid-field.

I don't raelly like buying oldies as there not a long term fix. But as this isa one season challenge then it may be worth a shot.

I have decided to keep Stewart on at least till Jan as he is doing well when needed, And no club wants him aswell. Also considering keeping Grant Smith on as he is doing an ok job when I have had to use him.

Coddy you have way too much time on your hands!! :razz:

Fair play though, 'tis looking good :)

Yea I know :laugh: . Could look better but I have done wel I think to get rid of all the dead wood and bring in twice the amount of players in just a month. I'm starting to feel abit of pressure though as I do still need 5/8 players to take me through to Jan and the window closes in around 9 days.

Right have played three games so will do a quick update. Very poor in these three games really.

First I had a Carling Cup game against Rushden away, As my players condition was very bad from the previous game so decided to rest most of the first team players and go with youth/deadwood as the league is more important that the cup at the moment and there is still the Fa Cup and Ldv Vans Trophy for a nice little cup run Later on in the season.

IPB Image

Took the lead early on but the youth players all tired in the second half and we conceded two poor goals.

Wow what Can I say about the next game away at Barnsley. Il let the Picture do the talking.

IPB Image

We took a 3nill lead and was looking very good, But then we let them back in just before half time.

We Regained our four goal advantage on 57 mins, Barnsley then turned to a more attacking style of play as they had nothing to lose.

With ten minutes to go they had levelled the scores 4-4. I was then forced to bring on Peter Thorne and play him on the right wing due to Cotts picking up a injury which led to there goal.

I changed my tactics to all out attack, and then with the last kick of the game Trundle won the game for us.

Next up Bournemouth. Wasn't at all confident as the players were in a bad way from the previous game as this game was on the monday so only a day between the two games.

IPB Image

The first half was poor from both sides but the 1 nill scoreline to Bournemouth was unfair as the game was very equal.

We levelled the game with a faboulous goal from Thomas Smith but sadly Bournemouth again took the lead not long after.

Told my players it was a embarrising result, And then I got on with the massive task of recruting new players before the transfer window closed in two days (Full List of Transfers to follow)

Next three games are Blackpool (home) Walsall (away) Brentford (away)

Guest LittleKevC

good luck with the challenge mate

i noticed someone asked you for the skin above but the link seems to have gone - any chance you can re-post it

cheers

Transfers

From 4th July 2005- August 31st 2005

Transfers Out

Jennison Williams - Released

Josh Klein-Davis - Released

Sam Pearce - Gloucester - £1,000

Steve Brooker - Livingston - £220,000

David Partridge - Lincoln - £100,000

Scott Brown - Burnley - £30,000Jamie Smith - Torquay - £28,000

Danny Wring - Bath - Free

Ryan Harley - Newport County - Free

Bradley Orr - Shelbourne - £50,000

Steven Gillespie - Carlisle - £95,000

Cole Skuse - Derby - £40,000

Clayton Fortune - Luton - £28,000

Luke Wilkshire - Perth Glory - £150,000

Scott Murray - Northampton - £90,000

Matt Heywood - Oldham - £100,000

Jack Allward - Released

Steve Phillips - Blackpool - £90,000

Scott Goldbourne - Stoke - £475,000

Alex Russell - Swansea - £28,000

Transfers In

Mark Torcaso - Cambridge City - £40,000

Peter Carty - Ashton United - £30,000

Owain Fon Williams - Crewe - £35,000

Stephen O'Mahony - Limerick - £7,000

Terry White - Cobh Ramblers £2,000

Gary Hamilton - Portadown - £35,000

Sean St. Ledger - Peterborough £120,000

Mefail Emini - Free Transfer

Thomas Smith - Derby - £55,000

Will Hendry - Millwall - £35,000

Marc Wilson - Portsmouth - Free (Future Clauses)

Ian Pearce - Fulham - £130,000

Kelvin Wilson - Notts County - £100,000 + Future Clauses

Gavin Williams - West Ham - £100,000 + Future Clauses

Kevin East - Free Transfer

Lewis Grabban - Crystal Palace - £35,000

Brad Jones - Middlesbrough - Free + Future Clauses

David Artell - Chester - £40,000

David Mirfin - Huddersfield - Free + Future Clauses

Peter Thorne - Norwich - £65,000

Andy Robinson - Swansea - £60,000

Lee Trundle - Swansea - £120,000 + Future Clauses

Adam Proudlock - Sheffield Wed - £10,000

David Healy - Leeds - £45,000 + Future Clauses

Andreas Johnansson - Wigan - Free + Future Clauses

Robbie Williams - Barnsley - £16,000

Thomas France - Wolves - £5,000

Tommy Black - Crystal Palace - £18,000

Nicky Wroe - Barnsley - £80,000

Chris James - Fulham - £50,000

Michael McIndoe - Doncaster - £50,000

Simon Walton - Leeds - £100,000

Sam Ricketts - Swansea - £10,000 + Future Clauses

Chris Sedgwick - Preston - £60,000

Neil Austin - Barnsley - £24,000

James Hayter - Bournemouth - Free + Future Clauses

Michael Collins - Portadown - Free + Future Clauses

Stephen Crainey - Leeds - Free + Future Clauses

George Boyd - Stevenage - £2,000 + Future Clauses

Nathan Doyle - Derby - Free + Future Clauses

Jacob Burns - Barnsley - £3,000

Scott Donnelly - Q.p.r - Free + Future Clauses

Nathan Tyson - Wycombe - Free + Future Clauses

Ian Henderson - Norwich - Free + Future Clauses

Mark Phillips - Millwall - Free + Future Clauses

Gary Smith - Mk Dons - Free + Future Clauses

Lewis Buxton - Stoke - Free + Future Clauses

Luke Varney - Crewe - Free + Future Clauses

Michael Stewart - Hibernian - Free + Future Clauses

Stuart Abbot - Derby - Free + Future Clauses

Danny Webber - Sheffield United - Free + Future Clauses

James Beaumont - Notts Forest - £2,000

Loans Out

Lewis Grabban - Wrexham- Five Months

Richard Keogh - Worcester- Four Months

Loans In

Sean Lake - Everton - Season Long Loan

*Marton Fulop- Tottenham - Season Long Loan

Michael Timlin - Fulham - Season Long Loan

Adam Green - Fulham - Season Long loan

Lee Holmes - Derby - 11 Months

Staff Out

Keith Millen

Total

Out £1,500,000

In £1,500,000

You won't achieve your aim. Pic of the league table would be nice :)

We will see come the end of the season! :city::chant6ez:

good luck with the challenge mate

i noticed someone asked you for the skin above but the link seems to have gone - any chance you can re-post it

cheers

Cheers mate,I did post it but it dissapered. Here it is again.

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php?page=...ile&fileid=6667

Right here's the screenshots of my last three games. Been a massive up turn in fortunes due to all the new signings and I now have a team I feel ready to compete for promotion.

IPB Image

Very happy with that result, Seemed I made the right decision to keep both Grant Smith and Marcus Stewart as they are proving to be the main players in the team. I was worried about this game due to all the new signings making there debut but the players produced the goods for me.

IPB Image

We took the lead early on and looked comfortable. Was a very boring game really and we deserved to win by just the one.

IPB Image

The Kormas army was on the road for the second saturday in a row and they saw a fantastic game.

1-1 at half time and I felt things needed changing. Danny Webber came on for Healey as I felt we needed someone with more pace up front and Robinson came on for McIndoe as McIndoe was carrying an injury.

This seemed to work and within 20mins we were 4-1 up. Brentford however worked hard to get back into the game and would have easily snatched a draw if I wouldn't have changed the tactics.

IPB Image

Sitting 3rd in the league and looking like we will soon take the top spot if we keep playing like this.

Next up is Swansea at home, They seemto be struggling since selling two of there best players to us but they will still be up for this game.

After that I have mid table Doncaster away and then Southend at Ashton Gate. :city::city:

Congrats on the good start, suprised you sold Partridge, for me he was a linch pin in my promotion winning side and may i suggest you keep hold of G Smith, very good in central midfield and can cover on the wing.

Could you show us a pic of the transfers page, i.e comings and goings and also financial history, salary, incomes and expenditure etc. I'm not suggesting that you have cheated in any way just intrigued :blush:.

Keep up the good work.

Can you upload this game on the internet because I'm intriged to play it.

Will do.

Been a mixed last three games. Could have won all three in truth but we are failing to convert our chances and there is some super goalkeepers in this league.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Easily won this one and never looked in danger of conceding a goal. Stewart Picked up a injury.

IPB Image

Should have won this game with al the chances we had but the blame lies with me due to Playing the iinexperienced Cotterill instead of someone more experienced as we had Stewart and Healey both out injured.

The team is still yet to properly gel and once they do that we will be a quality team.

IPB Image

Latest League table. Still third as you can see and only two points off of top spot.

We are though however still on track just but need to convert draws into wins.

Have a ten ay break now due to international call ups and have also been drawn away to Woking in the Ldv Vans and came runner up for manager of the month.

Have now played a further four games, Three in the league and one in the Ldv Vans Trophy.

IPB Image

Went in at Half time 2 nil up. By the 69th minute Tranmere had equalised. Two minutes later however we regained the lead with a Trundle goal then he seemed to put the game to bed with a penalty but George Ndah got his hat trick with 6mins late to set up a tense finish. Luckily we held on to the end. But deserved the win.

IPB Image

Very straight forward game really, Made a few changes to the starting line up that included Dave Cotterill who scored the only two goals of the game to send us into the next round.

IPB Image

Back to the league and a very good game at Glanford Park, We were 3-0 up at half time and cruising. But Scunny scored two goals in 10 minutes to get back into the game. However Scunny we're very poor and we put them to bed on 74 minutes with Danny Webber's second goal of the game.

Our next game was away at Port Vale , This fixture had already been prosponed twice due to international call ups. If we won this game and Forest failed to win we would go to the top of the table.

IPB Image

Very good result, Out played Vale through out the game. We used to different formations as I wanted to test a new one I had come up with. Both formations proved to be effictive and the new one will feature more when I feel we need to play slightly defensive in a game.

Webber and Trundle seem to be forming a good partnership so they are at the moment my 1st two strikers, However Healy is due back from injury soon so that could soon change.

Have been drawn against Barnet in the second round of the Ldv Vans Trophy at Underhill and also will play Shrewsbury at Ashton Gate in the Fa Cup 1st round.

Oh by the way. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, SAY WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE :city::city:

IPB Image

Next Up Gillingham (home) Shrewsbury (Home Fa cup) and Mk Franchise (away)

Fair play Trout!!

Still don't understand how the hell you attracted players such as Trundle, Healy, Hayter and Webber though??

You must have a massive squad and i imagine most people are pretty (I said a naughty word) off at not playing?

Archived