IGNORED

My Bristol City Challenge

Dan C

Right three league games and two cup games now.

IPB Image

3 nill up at half time but we took our foot off the gas and let in two poor goals in the second half but we still won the 3 points.

IPB Image

A game that could have caused a upset but we we're professional in front of the Sky tv audience and won 5-0.

Mk Franchise we're up next but got prosponed due to international call ups untill the tuesday then that game got prosponed so we had a nice two week break before we faced Huddersfield at Ashton Gate.

IPB Image

A simple game really. Went 2-0 up then they pulled one back but we never really looked in danger of dropping our lead.

IPB Image

Barnet we're the opisition in this away game at Underhill. Very even game and Barnet we're capable of winning the game in all truths. It took a goal from James Hayter a few minutes from time to rescue us from embarrisment.

IPB Image

A very tough away game at Chesterfield and only two penelties saved us. Both teams deserved a draw.

IPB Image

Have lost top spot to Forest due to dropping points at Chesterfield. But we can go top if we win are next game but Forest would then have a game in hand over us.

We have been drawn against Blackpool away in the Fa Cup 2nd round and a local derby against Yeovil at Huish Park in the Ldv Vans 3rd round.

Next few games are, Mk Franchise (away) Blackpool (away Fa Cup) Colchester (home) Swindon (home) Rotherham (away)*

*All subject to change.

Fair play Trout!!

Still don't understand how the hell you attracted players such as Trundle, Healy, Hayter and Webber though??

You must have a massive squad and i imagine most people are pretty (I said a naughty word) off at not playing?

I have had Hayter and trundle at other clubs in the past so I know how well they can play so I made them my top targets. Once the bids we're accepted they we're happy to join me but with high wages. Trundle did want £8,000 a week but we agreed on £5,000 with some bonuses.

Healy was on the transfer list for some reason so I snapped him up and I felt I needed some pace in the team so searched and come up with Webber. So made a bid which was rejected then made another one which was rejected then made a 3rd bid which was accepted and he was happy to join.

I have got a big squad, About 50 players. The only player that is unhappy at the moment is McIndoe but he is playing everyweek. I am rotating slightly so that may be a reason why there is no one that is unhappy.Also 20 of them are under 23 so they are my reserve team players who I hope to develop into quality players.

Good start and thanks for saying that you would upload it - when will you do it?

Will do sometime today if I have the time, If not today then defo tommorow

also upload a pic of the formation

Ok, This is my 1st choice formation.

IPB Image

And this is my second one.

IPB Image

Congrats on the good start, suprised you sold Partridge, for me he was a linch pin in my promotion winning side and may i suggest you keep hold of G Smith, very good in central midfield and can cover on the wing.

Could you show us a pic of the transfers page, i.e comings and goings and also financial history, salary, incomes and expenditure etc. I'm not suggesting that you have cheated in any way just intrigued :blush:.

Keep up the good work.

Not sure whether you missed my post. Would be great to see a screenshot of all transfers in and out just to confirm what you are saying. Also a closer look at your finances would be great, salary, income and expenditure. Keep up the good work.

Been a very good last four games. Had a few injuries to some key players so have been surprised with how well we have done.

IPB Image

Very good game against Danny Wilson's Relegation battlers. This game had twice been prosponed and was surprised it didn't get called off again due to the weather being so bad. The pitch wascovered in snow and teh winter ball was used. We didn't let the weather disturb us though and ran out very easy winners.

IPB Image

The scoreline failed to reflect the dominence we had over them. We had two goals disallowed that should have been goals but i'm still happy with the victory.

IPB Image

Wow, What a game. 8 goals in total with 3 of them being own goals. Colchester we're very poor and if it wouldn't have been for two stupid back passes from Mirfin then we would have been clear winners.

Next up local rivals Swindon, The first of four local derbies in as many weeks. There was alot of media comments from me and Steve Burr. Here is my favorate one.

IPB Image

Steve Burr said he was looking forward to beating us and putting a dent in our promotion dreams. Wonder what he thinks now :w00t:

IPB Image

League table from after the Swindon game.

IPB Image

We are now looking pretty at the top butforest do have a game in hand over us. But we have created a gap between ourselfs and Brentford who are currently third. We also have a nice + goal difference now with + 30. Mainly due to the 14 goals we have scored in our last three league games.

Here is who we have been drawn against in the FA Cup 3rd Round. I must admit I jumped around the room when we we're paired with them.

IPB Image

So looking foward to that. But have 6 games before that.

Upcoming fixtures are. Rotherham (away) Yeovil (away Ldv Vans 3rd round) Notts Forest (home) Oldham (home) Bradford City (home) Yeovil (away) and Bristol Rovers (away Fa Cup 3rd Round)*

All Subject to change.

Not sure whether you missed my post. Would be great to see a screenshot of all transfers in and out just to confirm what you are saying. Also a closer look at your finances would be great, salary, income and expenditure. Keep up the good work.

Sorry I must have missed it. Will get onto it either tonight or tommorow morning.

Quick update plus the Finances and Transfers Hug A Tree requested.

IPB Image

An effective performance from us that was enough to ensure the 3 points.

IPB Image

A typical derby game really. Both teams wanted the win and was a boring game. We we're however slightly teh better team and deserved to win.

IPB Image

Not much change here really. Still top two points ahead of Notts Forest. It really is now a case of who will finish 1st in this league out of us two, Unless one of us suffers some really poor form.

Next up is Forest at Ashton Gate on boxing day. Will be a cracking game and a game where we can extend our lead over them. We do however need to make sure we don't lose or we could be chasing them for a while. This is a six pointer.

Not much else to report really. Have been drawn away to Notts County in the Ldv Vans southern section semi final. Now i'm not the best at geography but I do know that Nottingham isn't in the south.

So thats the on field matters sorted so now to the off field matters.

IPB Image

IPB Image

For some reason the red which indicates a loss is showing up all blury whilst resizing.

The figures that are not showing up are. Profit/loss this month £460,252, Last month £155,751, This season £1,134,055 and balance -£1,134,054.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Messed up at the end of the one. Just a few more.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Obviously my finances are a cause for concern but I hope to sell a player or two in the upcoming transfer window to sort that out. I have been working on my finances today as the wage budget was well above what it should have been, 25k or something. So what I did was offer every player a new contract on alot less money but make it back up with apperence clauses.

If you want anymore Hug A Tree than just let me know.

Another five games now.

IPB Image

A very tough game. Both teams failed to impress untill we got our 1st goal then we picked up the confidence in front of the bumper crowd and ran out easy winners in the end.

IPB Image

The Forest performance really took it out of us and no team looked like securing a win here.

IPB Image

The xmas period has really took it out of us. Another boring nil nil but at least we didn't lose.

IPB Image

The 1st of two local derbies within a few days. Alot of media build up to this came and my team proved who is the better team in the west country with a fabulous performance.

IPB Image

At the half way point we we're well on target to reach my aim. Those two draws dented it abit but we didn't lose which is the main thing. We have now gone 20 games unbeaten in the league. So i'm very happy with that.

Next up was Bristol Rovers in the Fa up 3rd round at the Memorial stadium. And what a game it was.

IPB Image

What a fantastic win this was. That will keep them sags quiet for a long time.Rovers we're never at the races and we took our chances. It could have easily been 15-0. They didn't have one decent chance. And what a performance by Danny Webber.

Next few game######

Hartlepool (away) Barnsley (home) Bournemouth (away) Notts County (away Ldv Vans) and Brentford home.

Nothing, he's taken this on as a one-season challenge so it's meaningless.

Yea there is that, But what I would usually do is, I would be in a finicial position in the championship to pay these off. If I couldn't I would just sell the players. Tis called using my inicitive or however you spell it.

• Admin

Yea there is that, But what I would usually do is, I would be in a finicial position in the championship to pay these off. If I couldn't I would just sell the players. Tis called using my inicitive or however you spell it.

.....or alternatively "doing a Leeds". :laugh:

Failing that, once you have your league form sorted sacrifice a few league games to ensure success in one of the Cup Comps. I've started a new game around the same time that you have but have only spent £210k whilst bringing in £170k. However, I have somehow got to the Carling Cup final where I will face Chelsea. My current bank balance is over £1.7m with the League Cup final gate receipts to go on top.

If my experience of FM is replicated, Chelsea will field a weakened team in the final too as they are "only" playing L1 opponents so I'm sending out a complete reserve team in the midweek fixture leading to it in an all out attempt to miraculously secure European football next term. I think I can afford to as I am only 2 points behind the leaders Swansea with 4 games in hand!

.....or alternatively "doing a Leeds". :laugh:

Failing that, once you have your league form sorted sacrifice a few league games to ensure success in one of the Cup Comps. I've started a new game around the same time that you have but have only spent £210k whilst bringing in £170k. However, I have somehow got to the Carling Cup final where I will face Chelsea. My current bank balance is over £1.7m with the League Cup final gate receipts to go on top.

If my experience of FM is replicated, Chelsea will field a weakened team in the final too as they are "only" playing L1 opponents so I'm sending out a complete reserve team in the midweek fixture leading to it in an all out attempt to miraculously secure European football next term. I think I can afford to as I am only 2 points behind the leaders Swansea with 4 games in hand!

Well i'm now in the 4th round of the Fa Cup with a home tie against West Brom. I feel that is agamethat we can win this will bring a bumper crowd to Ag and we will get a little wedge for winning. If the draw favours us i'm sure I can get them to at least the quater finals.

I have got my bank balance to around zero now. But because I now have some transfer funds I am trying to bring a few in and ship some out to provide more cash towards the running of the club.

An update of five games now. Three in the league and two in the two cup competitions I am still in.

IPB Image

The fantastc win Against Rovers took it out of us really and this was a very equal game with us coming out on top with a late Stewart goal.

IPB Image

A very good game. Have now scored 10 against Barnsley this season and conceded 7.

IPB Image

A fully expected and well deserved win here. A great polished team performance.

IPB Image

The 1st of two cup games in a week here. Rested alot of players due to the big cup game on sat but we still scraped through. Everytime we scored they went up the other end and also scored. It was about the 70th minute when I made a few subs we pulled ahead and progressed to the next round.

IPB Image

Wow what a game. We took the lead after 22 seconds and always looked more likely to win. I played counter attack today as I knew they would be very attacking and that gamble paid off as all our goals came from a counter attack.

IPB Image

As you can see we're starting to pull away from Forest now and have a 5 point advantage over them.

A few players have come and gone and I will put a list of them up when the transfer window closes as i'm still trying to sign a few more before it closes.

Next Five games *

Brentford(home) Blackpool(away) Walsall(home) Swansea(away) Doncaster(home)

*All subject to change.

Transfer window is now closed so here is some screenshots of the latest ins and outs at Ashton Gate.

Out

IPB Image

In

IPB Image

Loans Out

IPB Image

Loans In

IPB Image

Latest Transfer Clauses

IPB Image

Latest Finances

IPB Image

Once again you can't see the red. The figure is -£12,499.

I have a nice balance now due to selling some players for some good amounts.

Time for another update.

IPB Image

A bore 0-0 draw. Was angry that Damien Delaney got injured 2 mins into his debut and is still out injured now.

IPB Image

Another cracking game. Blackpool took the lead first but gave away a penalty just before half time. Ater the break we came out al guns blazing and Healy scored another three on top of his penalty strike from the first half.

IPB Image

After 25 matches unbeaten in the league we sadly lost. Was unhappy with losing teh record but it now takes the pressure off of the players.

IPB Image

Back to winning ways here. It was a typical derby game with not much in it. We got the goals and looked comfotable untill Mirfin once again scored a own goal from a back pass and let Swansea back into the game.

Anymore own goals from Mirfin and his future at Bristol City will be in doubt.

IPB Image

Second time we have been drawn against Rushden this season but this time it was at Ashton Gate.

They we're no match for my table toppers and revenge for knocking us out of the Carling cup tasted sweet.

IPB Image

We we're looking comfortable and three up, But let them back in by conceding three second half goals. Both team now have nearly a equal chance of getting to the final.

IPB Image

Back to the league now and another good performance from us. Nathan Tyson did well against Gillingham so I kept him in the team for this game and he got another goal for us which I was happy with. The pace of him and Webber together seems to cause teams problems.

IPB Image

Another league win here with two fantastic goals by James Hayter from midfield. Wotton once again got sent off.

IPB Image

We're really pulling away from Forest now with a 12 point advantage over them and still have a game in hand over them.

Next few games *, Doncaster (home) Tranmere (away) Gillingham (home Ldv area final 2nd leg) S****horpe (home) Chelsea (home Fa cup quater final)

* All subject to change.

• Admin

Undertook the same challenge but without the big clearout that Dan enacted to prove it can be done whilst still playing various City players. My formation whilst still being attacking wasn't anywhere near attacking as Dan's as you can tell from the goals for column but I've conceded a shed load less.

The majority of my income has come from a League Cup run where I lost 3-0 in the final to Chelsea (despite actually dominating the game!)

(In some screens I have combined two screens into one in Photoshop, I haven't got some dodgy skin that combines them for me!)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

• Admin

Madger, John Obi Mikel, thats a great signing, did you have to send your scouts to the outer Mongolia to find him?

Also how did you afford ALL of his agents fee? :dunno:

I actually have no idea how I managed to sign him. Several clubs were after him including INTER MILAN(!!!) and so I offered him the best deal I could (expecting not to get him) and he chose to join me.

I've just issued a hands off warning to Glasgow Rangers who the media suggested were planning a £26.5m move for him (after I put his asking price to £50m!)

What sort of tactics and formations did you use Madger? It just proves that you can be succesfull with the way you done it or the way I am doing it. :city:

IPB Image

Should have won this easily in all truths. They had a man sent off but worker harder after that.

IPB Image

Back to winning ways here.

IPB Image

Lost the 2nd leg here but we are through to the final on away goals. Was good to have a full house at the Gate.

IPB Image

A good win but could have had more goals. S****horpe we're never in the game really.

IPB Image

Looking good now.

Next few games *

Chelsea (home fa cup quater final) Gilingham (away) Blackpool (Ldv Vans Final) Mk Dons (home) Colchester (away)

* All subject to change.

Sdly due to some problems all those screenshots I posted in my last post are now invalid. I just went to load my save game up and it said "save game can't be loaded"

The last save game I had before that was back at the Doncaster game, So I will have to continue from there.

• Admin

Marge, are you going to carry on? I would be interested to see how you get on in the Championship :w00t:

:)

Yes but it may take me a while to do, too busy at the moment trying to improve my youth team.....I'm in this for the long haul ;)

What sort of tactics and formations did you use Madger? It just proves that you can be succesfull with the way you done it or the way I am doing it. :city:

I also utilise a diamond midfield formation but with different arrows. In fact the only arrow I use is on the AMC back to the MC position.

Next time I load it up I'll make a screenshot of my formation and instructions.

IPB Image

We are now certain of a play off place. The only thing I have gained due to the save game is +1 on goal difference and forest are actually now closer to us than they we're. All I need now is 6 points to have completed my challenge.

Next few games *

Chelsea (home Fa cup) Gillingham (away) Blackpool (Ldv Vans final) Mk Dons (home) Colchester (away) Huddersfield (away)

*All subject to change.

Been a while since I last updated as I havn't had the time to play the game.

Have spent the last few hours on it as I wanted to get it done before I go on holiday so here is all the screenshots of my remaining games.

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have managed to keep my finances in check. Wont really have much of a budget next seaon but I guess that can be gained by selling one or two. Have about 3 transfers all agreed for next season. Alan Thompson, Paul Okon and Francis Jeffers. All on freetransfers as there contracts are up.

As I won the Ldv vans I will carry on with this save game but use it for the other challenge.

I got offered a two year contract by the board but managed to get it up to 3 years.

Nice, just started playing Fm again after a hefty break.

Never play as city anymore as i've been doing it since Cm 2 so now play as Forest green Rovers.

Currently sat in 2nd place 11 points behind hereford after 13 games, going well so far, but then as i am 1000-1 to get promotion i'll take a mid table finish. Cole Skuse has been immense at the back, ad Gillespie has been good up front, banging in 8 goals so far, with Meechan creeping up behind him on 6 now.

Problem is i may well loose both Skuse and Gillespie as both have a whole host of championship clubs after them and i don't have the money to buy either of them :(

Oh well it's all academic now, as Windows decided in it's infinate wisdom because it wanted to install some highly important security updates that it needed to reboot my comp, so when i niped downstairs to make myself a cup of tea, it rebooted and lost my game so now i'm top of the conference but have only played 1 game. This is why i ******* hate Microsoft, i didn't want the cheesing update in the first place, if you could actualy code an OS properly i wouldn't even need all these infernal security updates, i don't really need the bloody things anway as i have a brain and have many security programmes installed that are far superior to your shite products :@

Oh well off i go again, mabye this will be a blessing as i can hopefully avoid my one and only loss of the season :'(

• Admin

I got offered a two year contract by the board but managed to get it up to 3 years.

I always negotiate my contract offer DOWN to 1 year upon promotion to the Championship.

I do this so that upon promotion to the Prem, I am in a position to negotiate my transfer/wage budgets. If you take two years to get promoted to the Prem you just re-negotiate another 1 year deal at the end of your first Championship season which in turn helps you to increase the budget available for you in your quest to reach the Prem.

Haven't played my Championship game much yet and have got off to an inauspicious start (even spread of wins, draws & defeats) but I am pleased to report that my recently beefed up U18 squad has won its opening game 4-0 :D

Archived