IGNORED

Summer Work Gets Go Ahead (main Site)

SimplyRed

IMO the contruction of the new facilities means the club is moving up in the world and will hopefully make us a richer club in the process. Its good to see some ambition for once. With this combined with the new kit deal I am the happiest I've been all season. Well done BCFC.

I reiterate - what I believe is desperately needed is to bring the stadium seating facilities up to scratch.

If the club perceives that the way to do that is the Premier Club and schemes like it - that's fine - but it must be seen as an part of an overall plan improve the seating for ALL fans.

Aren't the seats at Ashton Gate the same size as at any other league stadium? I don't notice any more space when I visit other clubs, the seats seem as wide and deep as at other grounds and in fact our legroom is far superior to many. I don't understand why you are arguing the stadium seating facilities are not up to scratch. What do you want - everyone to sit in an armchair to watch the game? If you do want wider seats, then you can pay extra for the privilege from next season (something you couldn't do up until now). If everyone had wider seats, the capacity would drop considerably, there would be huge outlay to replace them simply to reduce the income. That really doesn't make any sense when we are losing loads of money.

I can think of 101 things more important. Honestly, the club is showing ambition, seeking to bring in new money, improving the facilities for 'ordinary' fans at no added cost to us and some people still moan. Proof if ever it was needed (alongside the posts pointing out Bridges had a good game when our own team has just won 3-0 away) that some people will always find something to complain about.

Archived