IGNORED

Brighton's New Stadium

StapleHillPhil

It seems that Brighton may not be getting there new stadium after all....

From the BBC

Brighton's bid to build a new stadium is in doubt after it was revealed Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott made a mistake in his approval letter.

On Thursday, Prescott's office quashed last October's 'Yes' verdict on a stadium at Falmer after realising an error was made describing the site.

The Treasury Solicitor has drafted a consent order to be agreed with the club, Brighton City Council and Lewes. The matter will be referred to Prescott for him to make the decision again.

Perhaps one of the numerous City obsessed Brighton fans that lurk on this board could give us an update from the South coast?

It seems that Brighton may not be getting there new stadium after all....

From the BBC

Brighton's bid to build a new stadium is in doubt after it was revealed Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott made a mistake in his approval letter.

On Thursday, Prescott's office quashed last October's 'Yes' verdict on a stadium at Falmer after realising an error was made describing the site.

The Treasury Solicitor has drafted a consent order to be agreed with the club, Brighton City Council and Lewes. The matter will be referred to Prescott for him to make the decision again.

Perhaps one of the numerous City obsessed Brighton fans that lurk on this board could give us an update from the South coast?

My heart bleeds for them :w00t:

We've always known that Prescott had made an error in saying that the whole of the stadium site was within the boundary of the built up area drawn on the map in the Brighton & Hove Local Plan.

What is really EXCELLENT about today's news is that this is the ONLY point in Lewes's "case" that the Government has conceded.

The built up area boundary line ISN'T the limit of any permitted development. The Local Plan acknowledges that the Stadium will be built. It has a policy that says that if the Stadium isn't built, the site will be allocated to University development.

Prescott is bound to recognise this when he reconsiders the error. And when he takes it into account, he will give us the planning permission all over again.

The other GOOD NEWS is that there is NO NEED FOR A HIGH COURT HEARING to move things forward.

:)

So you'd rather stay in League One than go up and risk coming down? :blink:

If that's the case why are you so bitter about us beating you?

What he means is our season is better than yours. When we go up we're staying up :city:

Aye yeah, flirting with relegation, 10 (?) game losing streak, before ending up in mid table a division below us. I'm green with envy. :crying:

But ending up in the same division as you next season. Can't wait to visit the camp site thats masquerading as a football 'stadium'. Nice to see you gobbled up all the positive spin from your latest setbacks, your directors obviously have worked with labour in the past.

Spin? It isn't spin my dear boy.

THIS slight error is basically what LDC were (in their own words) putting "at the centre of their case". It's a smal factual error, nothing more, and while the government has accpeted this it has rejected all their other "arguments".

Do you reckon wehn they send the case back to John Prescott he's going to change his mind, despite several public enquiries going in our favour?

When he does return a Yes verdict (again) LDC will still have the option of a judicial review, but without one of their key points, and having taken a bashing of epic proportions from their own residents over their wasting of public money I'd think they'll accept the decision. Especially after Norman Baker's comments, "Whatever happens now we need a decision in the shortest possible time. This can't go on indefinitely." . You know what they say about blind squirrels! :laugh:

And yes, we might be in the same division as you next season, but that doesn;t change the fact we've had two seasons in the Championship while you've had two nothing seasons in the third tier of English football.

Spin? It isn't spin my dear boy.

THIS slight error is basically what LDC were (in their own words) putting "at the centre of their case". It's a smal factual error, nothing more, and while the government has accpeted this it has rejected all their other "arguments".

Do you reckon wehn they send the case back to John Prescott he's going to change his mind, despite several public enquiries going in our favour?

When he does return a Yes verdict (again) LDC will still have the option of a judicial review, but without one of their key points, and having taken a bashing of epic proportions from their own residents over their wasting of public money I'd think they'll accept the decision. Especially after Norman Baker's comments, "Whatever happens now we need a decision in the shortest possible time. This can't go on indefinitely." . You know what they say about blind squirrels! :laugh:

And yes, we might be in the same division as you next season, but that doesn;t change the fact we've had two seasons in the Championship while you've had two nothing seasons in the third tier of English football.

You BHA "boys" are like PlyMOUTHalmighty- you cant let things go can ya, gotta keep going back-always!

Go the fork away, we aint in the slightest bit interested into what happens to you lot. Ta. and for another two years of nothing seasons football- we'll be around in 100 years, most likely in the same league. Will your moth eaten outfit?and its equally moth eaten ground.

Ashton Gate may not be the greatest ground in England, but at least we got a ground :)

tot siens minjeer, tot siens.

You BHA "boys" are like PlyMOUTHalmighty- you cant let things go can ya, gotta keep going back-always!

What? It's you who are still hung up on the playofff final, I just put you right on it. :dunno:

Go the fork away, we aint in the slightest bit interested into what happens to you lot. Ta.

You might not be but clearly others are - in case you hadn't noticed what thread you're in.

and for another two years of nothing seasons football- we'll be around in 100 years, most likely in the same league. Will your moth eaten outfit?and its equally moth eaten ground.

Yes. :dunno: Withdean will still be around be we won't be playing there.

Ashton Gate may not be the greatest ground in England, but at least we got a ground :)

What do you want a medal?

We've always known that Prescott had made an error in saying that the whole of the stadium site was within the boundary of the built up area drawn on the map in the Brighton & Hove Local Plan.

What is really EXCELLENT about today's news is that this is the ONLY point in Lewes's "case" that the Government has conceded.

The built up area boundary line ISN'T the limit of any permitted development. The Local Plan acknowledges that the Stadium will be built. It has a policy that says that if the Stadium isn't built, the site will be allocated to University development.

Prescott is bound to recognise this when he reconsiders the error. And when he takes it into account, he will give us the planning permission all over again.

The other GOOD NEWS is that there is NO NEED FOR A HIGH COURT HEARING to move things forward.

:)

Sounds like you're ####ed to me - sportmans bet, you won't have that new stadium built in time for 2010 I guarentee...by which time you'll be back in the basement league...

Sounds like you're ####ed to me - sportmans bet, you won't have that new stadium built in time for 2010 I guarentee...by which time you'll be back in the basement league...

I'm also sure consecutive relegations would not only send them back to where they belong but will also see any plans for a new stadium scrapped as they wouldn't even be able to fill the withdean in league two.

What? It's you who are still hung up on the playofff final, I just put you right on it. :dunno:

You might not be but clearly others are - in case you hadn't noticed what thread you're in.

Yes. :dunno: Withdean will still be around be we won't be playing there.

What do you want a medal?

1. I got over the pray off, right after Wilson got the tin tack. So, no, you didnt put me right. You lot played fractionally better than us, but both teams were pyss poor. Next.

2. most of us couldnt give a t@ss. some are polite enough to you, i cant be @ssed.

3. Really, with ever changing rules and regs withdump, may well find itself not being good enough. next. If you keep running into snags, you'll be like Rovers, a pikey club. I lived down there and there aint a busting lot of free land to develop with all those nice folks living there.

4. no thanks, I got mine already.

5. bout time you changed your user name aint it, youre hero moved to Swampsea.

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

I read this news on teletext and I laughed out load. It couldnt happen to a nicer club - Their fans are nothing but chavvy loudmouthed arrogant hooligans that don't know when to shut up. I lived in Brighton and the amount of stick I took after that game was unbearable.

So going down and no new stadium on the horizon...the future really is bleak for that football club! They may have had three seasons in the championship, but it will soon be nothing but a distant memory and theyll be back in the basement soon enough.

Lovely stuff! :city:

Guest Strike

What a bunch of bitter monkeys you Bristol City fans are. HA HA HA I still don't mind Sheffield Wednesday even if they sent us down yesterday. Oh well I look forward to League 1 next season.

SEAGULLS

:laugh:

Not forgetting of course the newspaper stories declaring "1-0 to City before the games even started" becausee they booked the hotel we wanted. :rofl2br:

And burgher me, y'all back in our league.................see you at the Gate losers. I doubt the Brighton papers were any less subtle (Brighton Argus is it). If you beleive the press you are as delude as your hero Prescott.

What a bunch of bitter monkeys you Bristol City fans are. HA HA HA I still don't mind Sheffield Wednesday even if they sent us down yesterday. Oh well I look forward to League 1 next season.

SEAGULLS

With the exception of Turkey all you Brighton boys have a severe attitude problem. Perhaps he could show you lot subtlety?

Oooooooooooh ark at Gladys!! Bitter, reckon you lot give us lessons any damn day ya like.

Maybe you'll find out about League 2 shortly afterwards. thats where Withdump belongs

We cant wait for League 1 next season, funnily enough.

Archived