IGNORED

City's New Pacy Striker Found?

wackojacko14

He always was a striker. HEs just been covering the left wing as we never had a winger. HE scored over 60 goals in youth team before he broke into the first team. Hes proved a point to Johson but still has a lot to learn. I'm sure in the next 3 years he will be a championship player at the least.

Did not see the game, but from what I picked up on the World sounded loike he had a very good game.

Gut feel is that he is still learning, and needs a break now and again. Assuming he is not taken from our grasp, would see him as a very important squad player next year, but most likely not an ever present.

Cotterill. Most fans say we need a fast pacy striker who has the eye for goal, i heard the game on radio today and Cotterill looked the part, and thorn in Walsall's side all day, maybe a possibility? What do you think?

IMO, his finishing is nothing compared to his blinding pace.

think he will end up being remember as a winger rather than a striker

Cotterill. Most fans say we need a fast pacy striker who has the eye for goal, i heard the game on radio today and Cotterill looked the part, and thorn in Walsall's side all day, maybe a possibility? What do you think?

i was at the walsall match today and all city fans what were there will agree with me that cotterill had an outstanding game and was probabily city best player. i think he looked more of a threat up front than he does on the wing and i would like to see him start more up front as he was a consistent threat to walsall- even though they were very poor!

I thought Cotts looked very good up front especially in the second half, when he ran himself into the ground and chased everything. He scored one but to be fair he could of had at least 3-4. He was IMO city's man of the match today and thats from a very good City team performance.

I would still prefer to see him on the wing though as he has amazing pace and also great skill, he has also improved his crossing so much as the season has gone on. Lets hope we can hold on to him for a few more seasons yet.

I would still prefer to see him on the wing though as he has amazing pace and also great skill, he has also improved his crossing so much as the season has gone on. Lets hope we can hold on to him for a few more seasons yet.

Don't you think Cotterill is wasted out the wing? The very nature of the position means that that wingers frequently get less ball than the rest of the team and are therefore often less involved.It been suggested that Cotterill has gone awol at times during games but wingers often do.Add to that the fact that Cotterill has played almost all of his football prior to the his first team call as a striker.He's therefore very familiar with the position.His performance today showed that.

He's not that familiar with playing on the wing.We've seen that virtually all season.His crossing has been poor at times and he doesn't seem to know when to pass or when to cross.If he were a natural winger these skills would come naturally to him.

I'd like to see him play the last 5 games as a central striker alongside either Brooker or Mc Gammon

Don't you think Cotterill is wasted out the wing? The very nature of the position means that that wingers frequently get less ball than the rest of the team and are therefore often less involved.It been suggested that Cotterill has gone awol at times during games but wingers often do.Add to that the fact that Cotterill has played almost all of his football prior to the his first team call as a striker.He's therefore very familiar with the position.His performance today showed that.

He's not that familiar with playing on the wing.We've seen that virtually all season.His crossing has been poor at times and he doesn't seem to know when to pass or when to cross.If he were a natural winger these skills would come naturally to him.

I'd like to see him play the last 5 games as a central striker alongside either Brooker or Mc Gammon

Is he a better player than McCammon? If so then I would agree with you, because I don't think McCammon is the answer to our problems.

Is he a better player than McCammon? If so then I would agree with you, because I don't think McCammon is the answer to our problems.

I agree, McCammaon is not the answer, but is an excellent replacement for Brooker in the event that SB is unavailable.

well the quote from Bucksred is the question! :whistle:

If we are in need of a striker of Lita quality, then no, Big Mac ain't the answer to our probs. If we need a handy squad player who can perform a role that makes life hard for defenders, then he is the answer to our probs.

There's a place for him in our squad for sure, but unlike Cotterill, he's not a hot young talent.

Archived