IGNORED

Tommy Doherty

Guest Cider Army

When they first came back both Murray and Carey were in horrific form. I still think we would be doing just fine without Murray now, he's done well this season - nothing more.

As for Doherty on a short term contract - again, I repeat, NO THANK YOU.

Carey and Murray were underperforming hugely and it is probably no exaggeration to say that without GJ's intervention both would be looking for new club's this Summer.

I've never seen Carey play so consistently well over a long period and Murray at least salvaged his personal season even if he sometimes looks as if he's got no more idea than us how he does it sometimes.

I look on the 2 of them, plus the unrecognisable Orr and Woodman, as 4 new signings GJ has saved us.

Cotterill is at his best when playing as a striker as he did against walsall at the weekend and if he had been playing their for the season MAYBE he would of just as much goals as Brooker! However, I do argee that without Murray's 11 goals this season we wouldnt be where we are now. This had been Murray's best season since his return but he been no where near the performances that Louis Carey had been Getting, who has been excellent.

This is an old topic!

Doherty is the very opposite to the type of player Johnson wants at AG.Doherty was well known for his poor attitude,poor training and liking for alcohol and tobacco.

Don't forget his good quality, Johnson hates good quality ;)

yes yes yes!

i would have him back tomorrow, if GJ could sort him out.

on his day by far the best midfielder in this division, but like i said, only if johnson could sort him out.

as for johnson not wanting to sugn this type of person, rubbish! signed big mac didnt we. he didnt have the best of histories. cant see it happening though

I have heard some rumors of Tommy Doc comming back from QPR because he isn't playin frequently. I think Cole Skuse, David Noble & Alex Russel are good enough for us but he would add a bit more strength to our midfield.

What would you guys make of his return?(After all he is a CITY legend).

City being sponsored by Rothmans next season?

tommy doc isnt good enough to get into our current team as he is not fit, he drinks and he is getting older and now johnson is using young and enthusiastic players with high work rate i don't think he fits into out team anymore.

Just to give a response from a YT fan,went to the Chesterfield away game in which TD made his loan debut.

In the warm up,looked like he was doing his own thing at his own pace,did'nt really look that fit after 5/10min warm up! In the 10mins he was on the field,cant remember anything from him,then went into the 50/50 tackle and looked like he jibbed it a bit,and came out worse off. Can't think GJ would want to know him? Shame really,had heard a lot of good things about him at the time,just the player we could have done with till the end of season.

Archived