IGNORED

Tommy Doherty

Guest Cider Army

Guest Cider Army

I have heard some rumors of Tommy Doc comming back from QPR because he isn't playin frequently. I think Cole Skuse, David Noble & Alex Russel are good enough for us but he would add a bit more strength to our midfield.

What would you guys make of his return?(After all he is a CITY legend).

I have heard some rumors of Tommy Doc comming back from QPR because he isn't playin frequently. I think Cole Skuse, David Noble & Alex Russel are good enough for us but he would add a bit more strength to our midfield.

He's out injured for the rest of the season.

He hasn't been fit all year.

He's on stupid money at QPR.

He wouldn't last 30 seconds playing for GJ.

It's not going to happen.

An on form, of the drink and cigerettes Tommy Doc would be perfect for us, no doubt

unfortunately, I don't think he EVER will knoeck the booze and fags on the head, so not worth getting him back

oh dear, oh dear,

How you ever managed to come up with the words Tommy Doherty and legend in the same sentence is completely mystifying! Leg-End would be more appropriate

in the name of god NO!!!!

(city fans have strange heros sometimes...)

will never happen. GJ was on twentypence talks back the other friday and was asked this question to which his response in a nutshell was a resounding NO!!!! and rightly so. tommy doc was a good player. he may get it back, but that depends on his attitude, but coming back for city would not be good for us or him. if hoolowhead couldnt get him sorted then no one can.

This is an old topic!

Doherty is the very opposite to the type of player Johnson wants at AG.Doherty was well known for his poor attitude,poor training and liking for alcohol and tobacco.

Doherty wasa good player but sadly has never fullfilled his potential.If he had applied himself,adpoted a healthy lifestyle and cultivated a healthy attitude then he could have been a Premiership player.Too late now.

Another player wanting ti come back to Bristol for the cosy life?

No, thanks. He can go play for the gas all I care.

Aye, Carey and Murray have been crap since returning. Oh wait.

Bring him back on a short term contract, see if he sorts himself out, then decide.

Bring him back on a short term contract, see if he sorts himself out, then decide.

Your certainly correct about Murray, a shadow of the player that left after ONE good season

You've obviously not seen much of him this season then?

Umm, I've seen him every home game and a few away, and he is a shadow of the player who left for Reading. Partly due to age, partly due to lack of Tinnion passes over the full back, partly due to playing on the left. Yes he's had a few good games, but at his peak he was only having the odd poor game.

As for getting TD back - why bother? He's had years of chances to sort out his fitness, he's not going to change now. Why take the risk of his bad habits rubbing off on all the new youngsters?

He's been excellent this season, particularly during the Christmas period that rejuvenated the season.

My oh my how easily are some of us pleased!

Excellent is not a word I or many other people who go a lot more regular than I do would use when describing Murray. Unfortunately a lot of fans still view him through rose tinters after his ONE good season.

If you were to describe Brooker, Carey, Orr at right back, Skuse the last 10 games approx as excellent I would have no argument but Murray!

Effective, yes I could just about agree to that. Excellent, no and I'm sure Murray would admit he's not currently at the top of his form.

In league 1, being effective with crosses, and popping up with a few goals, is excellent. Murray's not world class, so for him to be doing it every week is pretty much the most we can hope for.

Another 20+ goal season, which I fear is what people judge him on, is asking too much.

When they first came back both Murray and Carey were in horrific form. I still think we would be doing just fine without Murray now, he's done well this season - nothing more.

Carey has been in inspirational form, largely because Johnson has played him in the middle.

As for Doherty on a short term contract - again, I repeat, NO THANK YOU.

In league 1, being effective with crosses, and popping up with a few goals, is excellent. Murray's not world class, so for him to be doing it every week is pretty much the most we can hope for.

Another 20+ goal season, which I fear is what people judge him on, is asking too much.

Being effective with crosses? He rarely puts one in.

A few goals? Yes and good.

Being effective with crosses and scoring a few goals as a winger is NOT excellent. It's expected. It's your job.

You seem to be arguing that he's half decent and worth his place, and yes he is. But he's not having a good season he's having an average one, and he is indeed a shadow of the player who went to Reading who WAS excellent.

Big thumbs down to any Doherty return.

We've got good effective midfield players now and unproblemattical ones at that.

Artus is ready to come through and from all accounts he has all the qualities of the tenacious Young Doc we all admired.

SL would never sanction a Doherty return even in the incredibly unlikely scenario that GJ would ever want him.

Two good seasons out of nine is no recommendation for a return, over a season the reliable and energetic Cole Skuse is a big improvement on old Doc.

• Admin

Effective: Having an intended or expected effect.

Excellent: Of the highest or finest quality; exceptionally good of its kind.

That's Dictionary.com's take on effective and excellent, I'll stick with my decision to brand Murray as effective (i.e. doing his job) and not excellent - he was in his 26 goal season, but has never achieved that since.

i just wonder where we would be without murray's 11 or 12 goals this year

brooker on 14, cotterill of 6 - murray's goals have been vital

All goals are vital mate no matter who scores them, the same as keeping them out the other end, who is to say that if Murray hadn't been there someone else would have done it?

Archived