IGNORED

What A Great Summer We Are Going To Have

Flaxbourton Red

What I've never understood is the proportion of fans that leave the game early be it winning, losing or drawing. I understand personal circumstances (like getting back to the Pub) dictate sometimes one needs to but we do seem to have a rediculosly high and consistent level of early leavers.

I always think it's the proper thing to do to clap the player's off and let them know how much you love them, leaving early just seems like a lack of passion and is something of an embaressment for me as a reflection on the Club.

What I've never understood is the proportion of fans that leave the game early be it winning, losing or drawing. I understand personal circumstances (like getting back to the Pub) dictate sometimes one needs to but we do seem to have a rediculosly high and consistent level of early leavers.

I always think it's the proper thing to do to clap the player's off and let them know how much you love them, leaving early just seems like a lack of passion and is something of an embaressment for me as a reflection on the Club.

Completly agree. I was amazed to see our own fans leaving early when we played Gillingham recently. I remember thinking....why leave now?...we could make it 6!!....Up steps Big Mac to head home!!!!

Its a poor show if you cant stay behind to applaud a 6-0 win for your team

I wonder what odds you'd get on all three.

City promoted,England winning the World Cup and Somerset winning the 20/20 cup.

Must be a tempting treble...

Not sure about somerset, only becuase i'm pritty clueless when it comes to cricket :blush:

but i would love to put a small wager on City and England bringing glory to their respective supporters, i really think we're going to walk this world cup with Rooney on fire, as for City well i can see a bright new future under GJ and reckon THIS time it will be your year, so yes an exciting summer in prospect! :pray:

I don't mean the game you think, I was talking about the Notts County match but have since remembered it was a Cup Game.

At Chesterfield from memory, the real attendence was around 5,000, so make that more like 60% of our fans that we lost. To the 40% that were there, good on you, you are there for the cause. But to the 60% that weren't because we "weren't going to win", that's who I'm talking about.

What do you mean by "real" attendance?

If you mean the figure not including season ticket holders who didn't show up, surely that's a guess? Didn't ColinS say something like the lowest turnout of season ticket holders was 80-85% on the Ask SteveL forum?

I'm a young lad and have been a season ticket holder for five years now. ive always loved city but it was at the chesterfield game when 5000 or so supporters started singing city till i die that i decided i could never leave this great club. well done every last person who turned up on that day.

and i personally can't wait until next season, we defientely won't walk the league but i can really see us challenging somewhere up there. i sense another finishin 3rd and losing in the play offs season but i live in hope :englandsmile4wf::pray:

Archived