IGNORED

What A Great Summer We Are Going To Have

Flaxbourton Red

I wonder what odds you'd get on all three.

City promoted,England winning the World Cup and Somerset winning the 20/20 cup.

Must be a tempting treble...

Well City being promoted was 5-1 this year, so say it'll be approx 6-1 next season.

England winning the world cup is about 7-1.

Somerset are currently 12-1 to win div 2, so they'll be around 20-1 to win the twenty20 i guess.

Therefore a ten pound bet would get you...

£70 + £490 + £11,200 = £11,760!!!

I'm on!! :w00t::w00t:

Lets face it, we are going to storm the league next season under Gary Johnson

Just like we "stormed" the Rotherham game, just like we "stormed" 9-defeats in a row.

Nothing is certain. Promotion is certainly more than a possibility but to think we have a god-given right to get promoted (something which people should surely have stopped thinking after what happened this season) is why the club is hated by most.

Well City being promoted was 5-1 this year, so say it'll be approx 6-1 next season.

England winning the world cup is about 7-1.

Somerset are currently 12-1 to win div 2, so they'll be around 20-1 to win the twenty20 i guess.

Therefore a ten pound bet would get you...

£70 + £490 + £11,200 = £11,760!!!

I think I'll keep my tenner in my pocket.No way will Somerset win the 20/20 again..... :six: :out:

Just like we "stormed" the Rotherham game, just like we "stormed" 9-defeats in a row.

Nothing is certain. Promotion is certainly more than a possibility but to think we have a god-given right to get promoted (something which people should surely have stopped thinking after what happened this season) is why the club is hated by most.

Its not about any god-given right or what other people think about us.

We are Bristol City, and we are developing a work ethic that produces results.

This is the same work ethic that was installed by Gary Johnson at Yeovil.

Next season is going to be a vast improvement on this season.

Its not about any god-given right or what other people think about us.

We are Bristol City, and we are developing a work ethic that produces results.

This is the same work ethic that was installed by Gary Johnson at Yeovil.

Next season is going to be a vast improvement on this season.

I really don't think you can justify the use of "We will walk this league". I was saying the same as you this time last year, I learnt my lesson.

On that point very briefly, I have a flyer for Somerset's game with Sri Lanka, is it at Taunton or Bristol?

It's at Taunton on 11th June, 50 overs a side I assume. Why on earth do you think it might be at Bristol :blink:

It's at Taunton on 11th June, 50 overs a side I assume. Why on earth do you think it might be at Bristol :blink:

Do Somerset never play at Bristol?

Sorry I know nothing about Club-Cricket :blush:

Do Somerset never play at Bristol?

Sorry I know nothing about Club-Cricket :blush:

Gloucesterhire CCC play in Bristol. Somerset play in Taunton.Both clubs play other towns in their county.'Festivals' in other words. Somerset go to Bath and Gloucestershire go to Cheltenham.Usually only for a week at a time as the pitches are so poor.

Absolutely correct my friend !

We may have improved but to win promotion you must beat most bottom half teams at home and pick up draws away.

We have clearly failed in that regard even during our best periods let alone our worst.

Another loss on Saturday allied to that at Rotherham and reality says we are a long way from storming anything !

Lets face it, we are going to storm the league next season under Gary Johnson and

England are going to win the world cup in Germany :englandsmile4wf:

Somerset are going to win the 20/20 (again)

the only thing missing is Glastonbury!

please don't start all this we will walk the league lets just sit back and if it come then we can jump and shout ,cus last year we were laughted at!!

the only thing missing is Glastonbury!

Is that them ****in arabs again - why didn't anyone notice a ****in great hole in Somerset? - nuke 'em before the yanks get the oil and make 'em pay more that 20 cents a gallon.

Oh yes, and Jenson to wing the world F1 championship - I see those pigs are airborne again.

I wonder what odds you'd get on all three.

City promoted,England winning the World Cup and Somerset winning the 20/20 cup.

Must be a tempting treble...

England and Somerset maybe, but City ? promoted ? with a conference manager ? :whistle::doh:

is why the club is hated by most.

I know Rovers are universally despised the length and breadth of the country because they are ground stealers, have vomit inducing shirts and the most irksome club song in the league.

Their constant attempt to portray themselves as Bristol's Family Club despite the carnage that follows them around also irritates alot of people. Those that notice their existance at all, that is.

But, the People's Team, Bristol City, revered and respected wherever you go, "hated by most"? :doh::dunno:

Explain yourself Ron. :o:city:

I know Rovers are universally despised the length and breadth of the country because they are ground stealers, have vomit inducing shirts and the most irksome club song in the league.

Their constant attempt to portray themselves as Bristol's Family Club despite the carnage that follows them around also irritates alot of people. Those that notice their existance at all, that is.

But, the People's Team, Bristol City, revered and respected wherever you go, "hated by most"? :doh::dunno:

Explain yourself Ron. :o:city:

We were 2nd in a poll last year of most hated teams in our league, from memory, and everywhere you go you hear about Bristol City being "big-headed" because of statements like the one at the top of this thread.

But Rovers were top in their league :laugh:

We were 2nd in a poll last year of most hated teams in our league, from memory, and everywhere you go you hear about Bristol City being "big-headed" because of statements like the one at the top of this thread.

Any Club from a city the size of this spending as much time in such a small pool as we do is going to get a superiorety complex.

Also, remember, good taste is rare.

I pity the fools!

We were 2nd in a poll last year of most hated teams in our league, from memory.

But Rovers were top in their league :laugh:

If your memory is correct then i'm speechless, but in our case it was no doubt tongue in cheek with a wink, coupled with envy, whereas with Rovers it was genuine and heartfelt detestation.

I reckon football supporters hate Rovers to such an extent that a bit rubs off on us because unfortunately they have Bristol in their name as well and the assumption exists that we must therefore also be at least a bit despiccable.

Mind you, according to Radio Bristol, they are " The Rooovers", so perhaps Radio Bristol aren't too keen on them either and are trying to disassosiate themselves from the gas. :dunno:

If your memory is correct then i'm speechless, but in our case it was no doubt tongue in cheek with a wink, coupled with envy, whereas with Rovers it was genuine and heartfelt detestation.

I reckon football supporters hate Rovers to such an extent that a bit rubs off on us because unfortunately they have Bristol in their name as well and the assumption exists that we must therefore also be at least a bit despiccable.

Mind you, according to Radio Bristol, they are " The Rooovers", so perhaps Radio Bristol aren't too keen on them either and are trying to disassosiate themselves from the gas. :dunno:

To be honest it doesn't surprise me in the least. We have fickle fans, we believe we are better than we are, this really gets on the nerves of other teams and rightly so. I know it's not in the same league as destroying Meadow Lane & racist chanting, but still it pees people off.

To be honest it doesn't surprise me in the least. We have fickle fans, we believe we are better than we are, this really gets on the nerves of other teams and rightly so. I know it's not in the same league as destroying Meadow Lane & racist chanting, but still it pees people off.

Don't believe everything you hear Ron.

Our crowd isn't particularly fickle - didn't you hear the Rovers and Yeovil fan guests on Twentyman last week berating the fickleness of their own suporters?

Fans are the same everywhere, difference is we've got more than most at this level and our expectations are understandably higher than most.

The reason our odds are always short for promotion is because we've got a greater number of optimistic fans who put a bet on.

Fickle, don't agree, the City fans have been tremendous this season in numbers and support, and any set of fans in the country would have given their team stick for some of the appalling displays we had to endure from our team earlier in the season.

I'm always amazed at the continuing staunch loyalty of City fans - not many clubs would be getting 11,000+ crowds after being in this division for so long.

I'm always amazed at the continuing staunch loyalty of City fans - not many clubs would be getting 11,000+ crowds after being in this division for so long.

And not many would lose nearly 80% of their crowd when things go wrong... :whistle:

And not many would lose nearly 80% of their crowd when things go wrong... :whistle:

If it's the game i think you mean, I thought it was more like 80% singing "City til I die" myself Ron.

That was some of most emotional and heartfelt support i've ever heard from any fans anywhere.

Proves my point nicely, especially as most of the "walkers" were also ardent fans who simply couldn't bear to watch the humiliation and lack of heart in the team one minute longer, but were back next home match regardless.

If it's the game i think you mean, I thought it was more like 80% singing "City til I die" myself Ron.

That was some of most emotional and heartfelt support i've ever heard from any fans anywhere.

Proves my point nicely, especially as most of the "walkers" were also ardent fans who simply couldn't bear to watch the humiliation and lack of heart in the team one minute longer, but were back next home match regardless.

I don't mean the game you think, I was talking about the Notts County match but have since remembered it was a Cup Game.

At Chesterfield from memory, the real attendence was around 5,000, so make that more like 60% of our fans that we lost. To the 40% that were there, good on you, you are there for the cause. But to the 60% that weren't because we "weren't going to win", that's who I'm talking about.

Archived