Year Founded : 1894

Favoured Personnel : None

Finances : Okay

Stadium : Ashton Gate, Bristol

Stadium Capacity : 21,000 All-Seater

Training Ground : Average Facilities

Transfer Budget : £150,000

Media Prediction: Promotion Contenders

Rules - Again Strictly NO Cheating, Post Updates.

Game Specifications :

Version : 6.0.3 Patched Version (If Possible)

Leagues Running : English League 2 and Up

Database Size : Whatever your Computer can handle

Team Used : Bristol City

Introduction: In 1907, 9 year-old Bristol City finished second in the First Division, a brilliant success for such a young club. They were tipped to go on and achieve much better things, and they continued this good form two years later, when they made the FA Cup final and lost narrowly to Manchester United before being relegated. However, these two achievements have been their best successes to date as the club bounced up and down, division-to-divison for 70 years, until they made the top flight once again in 1976. They enjoyed several years here, with a best performance of 13th. But then, the club plunged into financial ruin and spiralled down the leagues, getting relegated from the First Division to the Fourth Division in consecutive seasons, one of only two clubs ever to do this. Since then, they have been hanging around in the old Third Division, with brief promotions and relegations now and then. Two small successes have arrived in the Freight Rover Trophy in 1986 and the LDV Vans Trophy in 2003, but nothing big has happened since those glory days in the First Division under Alan Dicks.

Your Challenge:

1st Part - Gain promotion to the Championship and win the LDV Vans Trophy in your first season in charge.

2nd Part - Gain promotion to the Premiership within 2 seasons.

3rd Part - Survive in the Premiership in your first season.

4th Part - After this it is the first person to win the Premiership in the least game time that will be the winner.

But there is a twist you must keep at least 2 original Bristol City players in your Premiership winning starting line-up.

I thought I would choose City to get more people involved in this one. You can use Dan C's Method of a mass clearout and purchasing young talent, or by keeping the squad together, as long as you have 2 Original City players in your starting line-up, when possible.

It's about time that a club of City's size should be playing at the top level and it's up to you to acheive this. If you are still playing in the first official challenge, then carry on until you complete. This is a long term challenge,so there is plenty of time for you to do both.

Thank You for reading and good luck. Remember to post updates and I hope this challenge is more successful than the last one. :city:

Bristol City Football Club

Information

Nation : England

Year Founded : 1894

Favoured Personnel : None

Finances : Okay

Stadium : Ashton Gate, Bristol

Stadium Capacity : 21,000 All-Seater

Training Ground : Average Facilities

Transfer Budget : £150,000

Media Prediction: Promotion Contenders

Rules - Again Strictly NO Cheating, Post Updates.

Game Specifications :

Version : 6.0.3 Patched Version (If Possible)

Leagues Running : English League 2 and Up

Database Size : Whatever your Computer can handle

Team Used : Bristol City

Introduction: In 1907, 9 year-old Bristol City finished second in the First Division, a brilliant success for such a young club. They were tipped to go on and achieve much better things, and they continued this good form two years later, when they made the FA Cup final and lost narrowly to Manchester United before being relegated. However, these two achievements have been their best successes to date as the club bounced up and down, division-to-divison for 70 years, until they made the top flight once again in 1976. They enjoyed several years here, with a best performance of 13th. But then, the club plunged into financial ruin and spiralled down the leagues, getting relegated from the First Division to the Fourth Division in consecutive seasons, one of only two clubs ever to do this. Since then, they have been hanging around in the old Third Division, with brief promotions and relegations now and then. Two small successes have arrived in the Freight Rover Trophy in 1986 and the LDV Vans Trophy in 2003, but nothing big has happened since those glory days in the First Division under Alan Dicks.

Your Challenge:

1st Part - Gain promotion to the Championship and win the LDV Vans Trophy in your first season in charge.

2nd Part - Gain promotion to the Premiership within 2 seasons.

3rd Part - Survive in the Premiership in your first season.

4th Part - After this it is the first person to win the Premiership in the least game time that will be the winner.

But there is a twist you must keep at least 2 original Bristol City players in your Premiership winning starting line-up.

I thought I would choose City to get more people involved in this one. You can use Dan C's Method of a mass clearout and purchasing young talent, or by keeping the squad together, as long as you have 2 Original City players in your starting line-up, when possible.

It's about time that a club of City's size should be playing at the top level and it's up to you to acheive this. If you are still playing in the first official challenge, then carry on until you complete. This is a long term challenge,so there is plenty of time for you to do both.

Thank You for reading and good luck. Remember to post updates and I hope this challenge is more successful than the last one. :city:

damn, i've done that already, but i deleted the game because i wanted to start again, my 2 players were Orr and Phillips, bugger, i don't wanna do it all again, you could have come up with this a few months ago. ah well, gives me summot to do other than watch the world cup in the summer.

What was the point in the first challenge then if no-one completes it. :@

:doh:

No-one will get any points then will they. There are still people doing the Wigan, so somebody may achieve it yet, it's just that I wanted to give people who have already had a go at the other challenge something else to do.

You can always go back and do the Wigan game as well.

So :doh: to you

If this is going to turn into points, can you label how much each is worth, EG based on how hard each one is.

That way, I can be selective and tactical over which challenge to do as I don't have enough time to do them all? Wigan should be worth lots as to win the UEFA cup is very hard!

Apologies for the :doh:

:wub:

Ok i'll get a points system going, more points for harder challenges, i'll edit the 2 challenges and put the score that you can achieve at the bottom.

Does this mean that you want more challenges to take part in, instead of 1 being put up very so often, should I put up a few now and let you work through the one's that you want?

It's up to you. State how you would like it to be run in the thread where I first thought of the idea, i'll get the topic back up.

Good Luck with the Challenge!

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=loanscustom8af.png

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=loanscustom8af.png

The loans I've got in have done ok but Lupoli the better of the 2.

http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=challenge29tb.png

I've gone on a winning run in the league and 8 points clear of 2nd.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/4840/transfers29mi.png

Got money from selling Cotterill and bought these players

End of my first season, got City up in 2nd place, and got to the Southern Final of the LDV where I was beaten by League Champions Nottingham Forest.

Starting XI : Basso; Jackson, Carey, Heywood, Woodman; Cotterill, Ndah, Russel, Baradji; Keogh, Brooker.

Robbie Fowler & Duncan Ferguson coming in the summer, and Ricardo Fernandes, Scott Sinclair & Anthony Stokes are all in my Under-18s after being released by Chelsea & Arsenal :D

right I will give this ago, I can do league 1 and below easily enough but championship and the prem is very hard anyone else find this? I have downloaded the 6.03 patch now so may be easier, may be harder you just never know

edit: noticed a flaw straight away basso's kicking is 20, as yoda would say hmmmmm

IPB Image

players I have signed!

IPB Image

sold cole skuse for 1 million which was good

IPB Image

took on dan c's approach here, I so hope he doesn't score 50 goals or play for england!

won my first game agaisnt Gillingham 2-0 with france getting a penalty (better take him off penalty duty) and big bald brooks getting the second that fine antelope of a man

i started the challenge once my patch had downloaded, and the might bas savage was my first goal scorer in a friendly vs Halifax.

when i've discovered how to put the screenshots on the forum (or more likely Leroy118 will tell me) i'll show you the cracking buys and the mighty savage scoring my first goal. one game so far, 2-0 win vs swansea,

1. Press Print Screen SysRq on the keyboard (next to the Scroll Lock)

2. Open Paint and press CTRL+V

3. Save the picture as an JPG file.

4. Go to www.imageshack.us and upload your picture.

5. Once you uploaded it, click the large picture you see and put the link on here.

Hope that helps.

1. Press Print Screen SysRq on the keyboard (next to the Scroll Lock)

2. Open Paint and press CTRL+V

3. Save the picture as an JPG file.

4. Go to www.imageshack.us and upload your picture.

5. Once you uploaded it, click the large picture you see and put the link on here.

Hope that helps.

cheers ecko, it worked

here are the transfers in IPB Image

transfers out

IPB Image

and bas scoring my 1st goal

IPB Image

hope you can see these

danakin.

This sounds like an allright challenge. But then again so does the Wigan one. Do I have to start this or can I have a stab at the Wigan one as it seems easier and takes less time! :D

If I were going to do this then my best bet would be to keep Golbourne and Cotts at the least :shifty:

Doing well in this challenge now, 1st season in the Championship, 24 points from 15 games (although should be 27, was robbed by Watford due to some awful keeping from Poom). 1 point outside the play-offs, and 1 off 4th placed Norwich, who I have a game in hand on, aswell as being the ONLY team to beat league-leaders Manchester City, who I thrashed 2-0 at Ashton Gate :D

Francesco Lodi & Shane Paul are quality, both with 6 goals in the league, Andrew Keogh's form has arrived at a good time with 2 goals in recent games, and Steve Lovell, a deadline-day signing, has 3 goals, although he has played a big part in my season to date.

So just to clarify how many are taking part in this challange and what stage are you all at?

Just started, played 3, won 1 drawn 2, bit a slow start, sold Danny Wring for 1m to portsmouth plus 25% sell on clause and skuse for 600k to pompey as well.

Will post screenshots when I can be bothered.

How did you get Michael Dawson for 160k? Great signing but suprised you could get him for that.

Also Adam Boyd is contracted until 2007, so not available on a free until the end of the second season, and would appear in 2007/2008 transfers in :dunno:

So just to clarify how many are taking part in this challange and what stage are you all at?

2nd season, into the FA Cup 6th round where I have a home tie against Arsenal in just under a month's time, and with 8 games left to the season I'm on a terrible run of form, about 4 games without a win, after going on a really good one beforehand, but still I'm only a point or two outside the play-offs. Need to get a settled team & a good tactic before the end of the season if we are to stand any hope of promotion.

Freddy Eastwood & an out-of-form Francesco Lodi top my top-scorers with 10 goals each, Lovell is not far behind with 6, along with Shane Paul & Andrew Keogh.

A good first season in the Championship, with Sam Sodje joining on deadline day in the January window, after a shaky start in defence, we have a settled back 4 of David Murphy, Richard Walker, Sam Sodje & Steve Finnan, and should be in a good position if we get promoted to stay up. Will report when the first 46 games are up - with another 3 to come, hopefully!

Archived