IGNORED

O.t.i.b's Second Official Challenge

Evy11_BCFC

2nd season, finished 6th by a couple of points. Into the play-offs I go, and lose 2-1 to Leicester in an evenly matched 1st leg at Ashton Gate. But then somehow go and win the away leg 6-3 :)

Right first season in the championship is now over and here is the final league table. I'm a bit dissapointed with it as we could have done better but at times in games we were sloppy in defence and that cost us a few points.

IPB Image

Been top of the league for near enough the whole season apart from the first few weeks.

So very happy that we will be in the prem next season but i'm trying to find the right tactic for my team which is proving hard. I've got one i'm working on but not fully convinced by it.

As we were heading for the prem by The Jan window I managed to get one or two players in that are of Premiership quality.

I'm going to have abit of a clear out for are assult on the Premiership but I expect 75% of my championship starting line up will start in the Premiership. Hopefully I can sign my two loan players( Mark Noble, Chris Eagles) On perm contracts as there top players.

My expectations of the season are to finish top 12. And to have a good cup run.

This season I got to the Carling cup final but the writting was on the wall as we were drawn against Man Utd, We lost the 1st leg at Old Trafford 1 nil but they fielded a full strength team at Ag and we got hammered 7-1.

We also went out of the Fa cup at the 4th round stage a few days later against Newcastle.

Right first season in the championship is now over and here is the final league table. I'm a bit dissapointed with it as we could have done better but at times in games we were sloppy in defence and that cost us a few points.

IPB Image

Been top of the league for near enough the whole season apart from the first few weeks.

So very happy that we will be in the prem next season but i'm trying to find the right tactic for my team which is proving hard. I've got one i'm working on but not fully convinced by it.

As we were heading for the prem by The Jan window I managed to get one or two players in that are of Premiership quality.

I'm going to have abit of a clear out for are assult on the Premiership but I expect 75% of my championship starting line up will start in the Premiership. Hopefully I can sign my two loan players( Mark Noble, Chris Eagles) On perm contracts as there top players.

My expectations of the season are to finish top 12. And to have a good cup run.

This season I got to the Carling cup final but the writting was on the wall as we were drawn against Man Utd, We lost the 1st leg at Old Trafford 1 nil but they fielded a full strength team at Ag and we got hammered 7-1.

We also went out of the Fa cup at the 4th round stage a few days later against Newcastle.

Calring Cup Semi Final?

An update of my game, gained promotion, as champions, in the first season on 93 points, Forest had the same points and goal difference, however I had scored four more goals :dance: lost in the second round of the LDV :crying:

Second season has started ok, mid table obscurity looks on the cards, with fingers crossed for a good cup run. Signed Danny Murphy for 1.2m, Johnathan Fortune free, Michael Svensson free, Peter Nemeth and Matty Jansen free. Andy keogh arrived christmas of the first season, and is struggling to make the step up with Brooker having the same problem. Marcus Berg maybe sold as well, he seems to be very injury prone.

Won 5-3 against Norwich in the Play-off final. Signed Drogba, Adebayor, Vaz Te and many others in the window, just getting ready for my first season in the Premiership now...

Won 5-3 against Norwich in the Play-off final. Signed Drogba, Adebayor, Vaz Te and many others in the window, just getting ready for my first season in the Premiership now...

Since I have posted my update all I have done is got to the end of the Aug transfer window. I had a mass clear out of my squad and got 15 million for transfers from that. And managed to add soem quality players to my squad but about 8 players that start every week are the players I had in the championship and were certainly holding our own in the prem. I was worried when the fixtures were announced though, Spurs(away) Liverpool (home) Everton(away) Sunderland (home) Newcastle (away) Man City (home) but we have done well from all those fixtures, Bet the true test will come against the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea.

What tactics/formation are you using? I struggled to find the right tactic for my team untill about half way through last season. It took a while to get right but with trial and error in pre season I got it right. It's attack minded but also defedning is a priority. I noticed I was winning games and scoring 3+ goals but letting into two after we had gone 3 nil up, So I tweaked it then shoved all the players on a tactics Training schedule then after I felt they had learned the tactic I put them all on a defence traing schedule. And now it's all working great with like I said near enough the same players.

I'm just testing a new tactic out that is simular but used for when we are winning with 15-20 mins to go as thats when the Ai step up the pressure and I found that was when we were most likely to concede.

But there is a twist you must keep at least 2 original Bristol City players in your Premiership winning starting line-up.

I am currently in Championship and it don't affect me as yet as i am still playing with a few original City players.

But as the game starts with Adam Green playing for City, does he count as one of the two players that you have to have in starting 11??

I am currently in Championship and it don't affect me as yet as i am still playing with a few original City players.

But as the game starts with Adam Green playing for City, does he count as one of the two players that you have to have in starting 11??

Yes he can count!

First season in the prem over and i'm very pleased. We were never really in a race for the crown really. At one stage we were over ten points behind chelsea and 4th but we clawed that back and they couldn't win the league till the last game of the season.

IPB Image

For the first half of the season my starting line up was pretty much the same as it was in the championship with one or two youth players breaking through to the first team.

In jan however I felt we needed less quantity and more quality so I got rid of all the fringe players that I felt didn't have a future at Ag and this left me with over 15 million to spend.

With that money I decided I needed two central midfielders as that is the positions my tactics are based on but we were abit lightweight there and kept giving the ball away. So I had a look on the players that my assistant manager said would join me and I saw Alan Smith and Joe cole both on there. Both were out of favour at there clubs so I made bids for the both of them. It took overtwo weeks for me to agree transfer fees with there clubs. But only a few days to agree terms with the players.

I'm hopefull next season we can push on and challenge for the League but it is going to be a tough order. There is a defencive flaw in my tactic that I need to sort out.

May I just add that the reason I belive i'm doing so well is because of the actics I am using.

Ashton Gate now has a capcity of 30500 which provides us with about 750k from every game.

Also i've just been given 11 million for finishing 2nd.

I havn't got time for screenshots at the mo but I can tell you in my second season in the prem we finished 3rd mainly because we had alot of injuries to key players and had to rely on youngsters.

However we won the Fa cup and got to the quaterfinals of the champions league.

Archived