IGNORED

Ninth! Happier And Clappier

mozo

I think us oldies have seen too many 'false dawns'. We have had a great run, but look like we have failed to make the Play Offs. That counts for nothing when next season starts, and if things don't work out, what will we have actually achieved? Lets not forget, we had a good run at the end of last season......

Indeed we did have a good run at the end of last season but, in my view, at no point did we look convincing under BT. The difference now is we DO look convincing.

All will be explained in the match programme on Monday.

Bet you £10 you can't get "Cauliflower" into your section the next time you write something in the programme :w00t:

I think us oldies have seen too many 'false dawns'. We have had a great run, but look like we have failed to make the Play Offs. That counts for nothing when next season starts, and if things don't work out, what will we have actually achieved? Lets not forget, we had a good run at the end of last season......

False dawns indeed - I reserve judgement until next season - we seem to generally do well at season's end but start the next one badly.

I think I am on your side my friend but that might be because I am 62 years old and have supported the club since 1957 so have been there, seen the video, got the TShirt as you obviously have !

But hope springs eternal - again and again and again..............

what will we have actually achieved?

We have put in place a new manager, one with experience and tougher mettle.

He has instilled a more disciplined culture.

We have seen the emergence and progress of young talents such as Skuse, Cotterill and Brown.

We have seen a drastic improvement in a number first-teamers performances.

We are on a run of 7 wins from 10 games, with potentially a home win in two days time, which will further boost the mood of fans, who are now beginning to enjoy the feel-good factor again (which is, lest I state the obvious, the whole point of football).

So cheer up matey!! :dance::):city:

I couldn't care less about what the bookies say, I go to the games and know that when Johnson took over this side was in a bloody mess.

In six months GJ has taken us from relegation threatened to one of the most potent teams in the division!

Should I not be happy about that??

Whether you're happy or not is something you have to decide, just don't expect everyone to share your euphoria.

Yes, in 6 months Johnson has saved us from relegation and deserves the credit for that, but try looking at the bigger picture...

Lansdown, in taking the cheap option and appointing a rookie manager, doomed us to spending another 3 seasons (last season, this and next) in this league. He went some way to making amends by appointing Johnson who has, after an initial struggle, apparently made some headway - so far.

So...

Yep! Johnson has guaranteed us safety from the drop... well done!

But...

Was Lansdown's folly not the reason we found ourselves in that position in the first place?

Also...

One of the most potent teams in the division? Come on, we're in good form running into a nothing finish - that doesn't make us one of the most potent teams in the division as surely as the run of defeats didn't make us the worst side in the division.

The most interesting aspect of the close season will be who comes and who goes, along with how the club decide to hype up the prospects of next season in order to sell season tickets.

And it is the outcome of these things that will determine whether I renew my season ticket.

Hardly Johnsons fault were not is it?

Where, in my post, did I say it was Johnson's fault?

:blink:

Whether you're happy or not is something you have to decide, just don't expect everyone to share your euphoria.

Yes, in 6 months Johnson has saved us from relegation and deserves the credit for that, but try looking at the bigger picture...

Lansdown, in taking the cheap option and appointing a rookie manager, doomed us to spending another 3 seasons (last season, this and next) in this league. He went some way to making amends by appointing Johnson who has, after an initial struggle, apparently made some headway - so far.

So...

Yep! Johnson has guaranteed us safety from the drop... well done!

But...

Was Lansdown's folly not the reason we found ourselves in that position in the first place?

Also...

One of the most potent teams in the division? Come on, we're in good form running into a nothing finish - that doesn't make us one of the most potent teams in the division as surely as the run of defeats didn't make us the worst side in the division.

The most interesting aspect of the close season will be who comes and who goes, along with how the club decide to hype up the prospects of next season in order to sell season tickets.

And it is the outcome of these things that will determine whether I renew my season ticket.

Where, in my post, did I say it was Johnson's fault?

:blink:

To true,to true :chant6ez:

Archived