IGNORED

Ninth! Happier And Clappier

mozo

Seven wins from ten games (two draws, one defeat) is great form.

We've gone from angry detractors to feel-good factor in six months under the sometimes unusual, but certainly affective guidance of Super Gary Johnson.

Johnson's Task this season was to rejuvinate this squad, make necessary changes and to orchestrate a climb up the table. It's been rocky at times, but boy has he done it.

Lets really enjoy monday and cheer the boys on to yet another win!!

Seven wins from ten games (two draws, one defeat) is great form.

We've gone from angry detractors to feel-good factor in six months under the sometimes unusual, but certainly affective guidance of Super Gary Johnson.

Johnson's Task this season was to rejuvinate this squad, make necessary changes and to orchestrate a climb up the table. It's been rocky at times, but boy has he done it.

Lets really enjoy monday and cheer the boys on to yet another win!!

Fair play Mozo, but how nice would an extra 3 or so game had been.

Spot on...If only Johnson had managed to get just 4 or 5 points from the 21 that yielded zero.

Oh well, no point crying over spilt milk.... :crying:

Not going to rub it in Robbored, but do you have a slightly different view of Johnson's tenure after recent performances? He has made mistakes, but we have definately come out the other side good as new, if not better.

Spot on...If only Johnson had managed to get just 4 or 5 points from the 21 that yielded zero.

Why do you cry about it week in week out then?

I got over it at half-time in the Bradford defeat when the crowd (the happy clappy/loyal ones who stuck with the side) were giving the team great support and the performance was equal to it.

Spend to much time worrying about 'if only' and you'll miss out on the feel-good factor that Gary Johnson has sparked at this club.

If we had signed a experienced manager after wilson, if we hadn't sold lita, if, if ,if..... :@

Just be greatful for what we have got and give the guy some credit, we can all look back with hindsight and think what if, but forget about it, its done, and he has done more than enough to make up for it. We are winning, playing well. as said many times before, just let it drop and praise him for what he has done since then. No need for negitivity in one of the most positive parts of our season.

Spend to much time worrying about 'if only' and you'll miss out on the feel-good factor that Gary Johnson has sparked at this club.

I'm very wary about the 'feel good' factor.Been there,done that many times over many seasons only to be let down 90% of the time.

What I feel is that its such a shame that City's season has been over since 52 points was reached.With City in such good form everyone in the play-offs would be very wary of City and I reckon we'd have a great chance of getting out of this dire division.Oh well......

I'm very wary about the 'feel good' factor.Been there,done that many times over many seasons only to be let down 90% of the time.

What I feel is that its such a shame that City's season has been over since 52 points was reached.With City in such good form everyone in the play-offs would be very wary of City and I reckon we'd have a great chance of getting out of this dire division.Oh well......

Mate, you don't have to enjoy the good times (yes it's the good times - we've awoken from the nightmare after all) if you don't want to, I'll enjoy it enough for both of us.

It's a shame there's nowt to play for? We were never going to be good enough for the championship so soon, and a top ten finish would be perfect for the progress to continue next term. That's my realistic take on it.

huzzahs all round!

Good on ya Richy

Under Brian Tinnion we lost to Hartlepool, Bournemouth, Port Vale and Swansea. Under Gary Johnson we have beaten each and every one of these teams.

When GJ took over we were 23rd. Now we are 9th.

You have to have some very strange motives to not be happy with the current manager.

:disapointed2se:

I seem to remember we were tipped to be promoted this season... and now we're supposed to be happy-clappy we finished mid-table?

:(:dunno:

I couldn't care less about what the bookies say, I go to the games and know that when Johnson took over this side was in a bloody mess.

In six months GJ has taken us from relegation threatened to one of the most potent teams in the division!

Should I not be happy about that??

I couldn't care less about what the bookies say, I go to the games and know that when Johnson took over this side was in a bloody mess.

In six months GJ has taken us from relegation threatened to one of the most potent teams in the division!

Should I not be happy about that??

To true, just a shame a rash/panic decision was made first; appointing Tinman :o

You've just copped off with Keira Knightley.

How do you feel?

a) Ecstatic.

b) Pretty chuffed.

c) Devastated because you keep remembering the fact that, up until today, you haven't pulled a bird in months.

Depends if City have won! ;)

go back to bed and admit johnson has done a good job of turing it around ,go on swallow that pill!

Why do you choose to put a negative spin on a great result achieved at a club fighting for their lives?

If ever there was an advert for not joining the Supporters' Club, then you are it.

Why do you choose to put a negative spin on a great result achieved at a club fighting for their lives?

If ever there was an advert for not joining the Supporters' Club, then you are it.

Its not negative spin! Its just that I and some other fans have a sense of regret that with City playing so well that we are not in the play-offs.

Do you not feel the same?

Surely you must....all fans look back over a season and wonder what would have happened if...

As far as the SC goes.The views I express on here are my own and not in any way a reflection of the SC.

Its not negative spin! Its just that I and some other fans have a sense of regret that with City playing so well that we are not in the play-offs.

Surely you must....all fans look back over a season and wonder what would have happened if...

Speaking for myself RR, I am able to look back over a season and see what actually HAS happened. I see a team that was performing poorly, going nowhere except downwards, having been rejuvenated.

I seem to remember we were tipped to be promoted this season... and now we're supposed to be happy-clappy we finished mid-table?

:(:dunno:

Agreed - that is the problem with us - we start the season with great hopes - make a lousy beginning, then get really chuffed because we are in the top ten.

Gj has done well and the team is performing now but realistically the play offs are out of sight and it is easy to forget the 9 games in a row loss.

Even 4 or 5 points from that 21 and we would be in with a chance ( but only a chance ).

I think we all remember what we wish to - overall GJ has done well but not very well.

Too many poor loan signings and too many bad team selections but also some good loan signings and some better team selections.

I would give him seven and a half out of ten so far - just what I gave Tinnion at the end of last season and what I gave Wilson at the end of the season before that !

Of course they do. You do so much looking back that your neck must hurt by now! :w00t:

I know you're secretly excited about next season Robbored, and I hope that this time next year, we'll both be happy and clappy. :pray:

overall GJ has done well

Glad you think so too Rod :)

As far as the SC goes.The views I express on here are my own and not in any way a reflection of the SC.

Yes, if only we had another eight games to play then we'd definately have a good chance of making the play offs. I'm delighted that Gary Johnson has carried on the work started by Brian Tinnion and we've now rid the club of its social players (copyright Gary Johnson) that were allowed to fester under Danny Wilson. I think the strongarm tactics employed by Gary Johnson were necessary to rid the club of its cancer once and for all. I'm confident that we're now on the right path following numerous poor managerial appointments by the board of BCFC.

Regarding the SC, can you please explain what is happening next year? I originally thought you (the SC) were being given the entire downstairs and that you'd have to join the SC in order access this area. Recently I've been told that the SC will be allocated a refurbished section for the 200 or so SC members. Can you clarify the situation?

I think us oldies have seen too many 'false dawns'. We have had a great run, but look like we have failed to make the Play Offs. That counts for nothing when next season starts, and if things don't work out, what will we have actually achieved? Lets not forget, we had a good run at the end of last season......

Regarding the SC, can you please explain what is happening next year? I originally thought you (the SC) were being given the entire downstairs and that you'd have to join the SC in order access this area. Recently I've been told that the SC will be allocated a refurbished section for the 200 or so SC members. Can you clarify the situation?

All will be explained in the match programme on Monday.

Archived