Guest the kitkat man

The LOTRs Triolgy

Shawshank Redeption

The Green Mile

Most war flims

THe ORIGINAL star wars triolgy

PUlp fiction

and American Beauty

i no that snot 5 and some are pretty wide.. bt i like most war films.. but what u guys said about U571 was absoluty true.....really discusted when that film came out!!...

i was trying to find the link to the 100 greatest movies voted my the british public from empire.. but it went ofline.. sorry!

Ooh tough one to narrow it down to five. Currently though,

1) Goodfellas

2) Oh Brother Where art Thou?

3) The Usual Suspects

4) The Truman Show

5) Fargo

There are a few worthy mentions as well for other films for specific reasons e.g.

a) The Cider House Rules - just for the title...the film's ####

b) The Italian Job (original) for Michael Caine and "the self preservation society"

c) Quadrophenia for the collection of Lambrettas

d) Apocalypse Now for the helicopter scene (Flight of the Valkyries)

e) Midnight Run - De Niro does comedy.

f) Schindler's List - worthy but it has to be told

g) Return of the King - BIG FILM

I'm also surprised that Raging Bull isn't in there but it was a bit too heavy going for me Nick.

Scooter Red

Guest Bawno

1.The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

2.Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2 (Vol 2 ain't out yet but it sure looks class!)

3.The Matrix Trilogy

4.Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl

5.Underworld

hello friends. a top 5 motion picture experience. i am happy to share my thoughts, although the choices so far have left me cold. perhaps some of you are not watching the correct movies. these are the five that shine from my shelf.

shark attack 2

a gripping film. this is the film that 'jaws' wanted to be and made me fear monsters of the deep. after seeing this film, you will want to harpoon sharks.

shark attack

"you may never want to go in the sea again" screamed the tagline for this thought provoking shocker about marine biologist steve mcray (played by the irrepressible casper van dien) and a deadly shark. never mind the sea, i didn't take a bath for months after this.

overboard

goldie hawn and kurt russell - a perfect pairing for the craziest mix up ever! i literally couldn't see for tears watching this one. i once over heard someone bad mouthing this movie at a bus stop to his friend. no doubt he was showing off, but i teached him a lesson by thumping the miscreant in the throat. my friend crispy (another big fan) was so impressed, he brought me a beer. he had never done this before.

brain fix

not many films give me the colly wobbles, but this one certainly did. a film of intense terror. nervouse, sweaty nights are sure to follow, and you may even wake up screaming. i quite literally didn't blink for weeks after seeing this one.

shark attack 3

what top five could ever be complete without 'shark attack 3'? the series zenith. i was obsessed with this movie after the first time i watched it. not a day would go by when i could not watch it...and then, on the 18th day, something happened. my disc was stolen! i was devastated. by the time i had realised what had happened it was too late...the shops were closed and i couldn't get a replacement copy. depressed, i walked to crispy's house. he didn't hear me come in and was watching the telly. as i entered his front room, he seemed startled. he lept up quickly and looked flushed in the face and turned off the telly. i think he was watching a nature documentary about fish. it was good of him to give me 100% attention in my current frame of mind. i told him what had occurred and he said you can never be too careful these days. "you can't trust anyone, travis" he said. i thanked him for his advice and went home, where my mind unravelled at the rate of knots. i needed to see shark attack 3 again! so delirious my mind became, that i wrote the films title on some tin foil, and then wrapped myself in it and lay down infront of the tv. i began to spin as fast as i could on the floor, mimicking the silver disc that brought me so much pleasure, while trying to project images from the movie on to the screen through my eyes.

hello friends. a top 5 motion picture experience. i am happy to share my thoughts, although the choices so far have left me cold. perhaps some of you are not watching the correct movies. these are the five that shine from my shelf.

shark attack 2

a gripping film. this is the film that 'jaws' wanted to be and made me fear monsters of the deep. after seeing this film, you will want to harpoon sharks.

shark attack

"you may never want to go in the sea again" screamed the tagline for this thought provoking shocker about marine biologist steve mcray (played by the irrepressible casper van dien) and a deadly shark. never mind the sea, i didn't take a bath for months after this.

overboard

goldie hawn and kurt russell - a perfect pairing for the craziest mix up ever! i literally couldn't see for tears watching this one. i once over heard someone bad mouthing this movie at a bus stop to his friend. no doubt he was showing off, but i teached him a lesson by thumping the miscreant in the throat. my friend crispy (another big fan) was so impressed, he brought me a beer. he had never done this before.

brain fix

not many films give me the colly wobbles, but this one certainly did. a film of intense terror. nervouse, sweaty nights are sure to follow, and you may even wake up screaming. i quite literally didn't blink for weeks after seeing this one.

shark attack 3

what top five could ever be complete without 'shark attack 3'? the series zenith. i was obsessed with this movie after the first time i watched it. not a day would go by when i could not watch it...and then, on the 18th day, something happened. my disc was stolen! i was devastated. by the time i had realised what had happened it was too late...the shops were closed and i couldn't get a replacement copy. depressed, i walked to crispy's house. he didn't hear me come in and was watching the telly. as i entered his front room, he seemed startled. he lept up quickly and looked flushed in the face and turned off the telly. i think he was watching a nature documentary about fish. it was good of him to give me 100% attention in my current frame of mind. i told him what had occurred and he said you can never be too careful these days. "you can't trust anyone, travis" he said. i thanked him for his advice and went home, where my mind unravelled at the rate of knots. i needed to see shark attack 3 again! so delirious my mind became, that i wrote the films title on some tin foil, and then wrapped myself in it and lay down infront of the tv. i began to spin as fast as i could on the floor, mimicking the silver disc that brought me so much pleasure, while trying to project images from the movie on to the screen through my eyes.

Resurrect a 4 year old thread for a shark post? Bizarre!

Too many favs for just a top five maybe too many for even a top fifty.

The Killing Fields

The Deer Hunter

It's A Wonderful Life (+ any James Stewart film)

12 Angry Men (+ any Henry Fonda film)

Empire of the Sun

Citizen Kane

Trains, Planes and Automobiles

Uncle Buck

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Dr No

The Longest Day

etc. etc.

Too many favs for just a top five maybe too many for even a top fifty.

The Killing Fields

The Deer Hunter

It's A Wonderful Life (+ any James Stewart film)

12 Angry Men (+ any Henry Fonda film)

Empire of the Sun

Citizen Kane

Trains, Planes and Automobiles

Uncle Buck

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest

Dr No

The Longest Day

etc. etc.

Haha, Uncle Buck!

''Buck melanoma, moley Russells wart''

Funniest scene ever.