IGNORED

Fowler's Goal

Godzilla

In my view, 100% a great decision.

If he'd touched the ball it would've been a different story, but he left it for the on coming runner. Yes, he made a slight movement towards the ball but it made no difference to the play. If he'd dummied it, it also would've been a different story, but he doesn't deliberately dummy it in my view.

If I was a Liverpool fan and it was dissallowed, I would've been fuming.

Guest Eamer

OFFSIDE

Offsides are given all the time before any player has touched the ball beyond the last Defender and this decision should have been no different. Blackburn players had a right to complain. How many times do you hear the whislte blow for offside before any attacker has touched the ball after the pass? More often than not. Shocking decision.

OFFSIDE

Offsides are given all the time before any player has touched the ball beyond the last Defender and this decision should have been no different. Blackburn players had a right to complain. How many times do you hear the whislte blow for offside before any attacker has touched the ball after the pass? More often than not. Shocking decision.

Agree, it was a dreadful decision. Cisse motioned to kick it, then as an afterthought he stuck his hands in the air. I believe he was interfering with play, and it should have been disallowed.

Guest Eamer

You could see the Blackburn Defenders all stop raise their arms and start to turn around. True they should play to the whistle but the referee never motioned to play on either and when players call for decisions like that they tend to look at if the Referee is waving play on.

Cisse was miles out and I'm sure if that decision was against City every one of us would say it was the wrong decision. Hell even if it was for City I'd be saying it was the wrong decision. Wouldn't be complaining of course but still the wrong decision.

The offside rule should be back to the basic "past the defender when the ball is played and you're offside." If the ball is on the opposite side of the pitch to the offside man fair enough but it was right to Cisse.

In my view, 100% a great decision.

If he'd touched the ball it would've been a different story, but he left it for the on coming runner. Yes, he made a slight movement towards the ball but it made no difference to the play. If he'd dummied it, it also would've been a different story, but he doesn't deliberately dummy it in my view.

If I was a Liverpool fan and it was dissallowed, I would've been fuming.

your being sarcastic right?

the ball was played at him, and he went to play it. 100% offside

your being sarcastic right?

the ball was played at him, and he went to play it. 100% offside

sorry brendan.......i have to agree with hilltop.

defo offside. the ball went less than a yard away from Cisse and he moved to play the ball.

this active/inactive crap needs sorting before it ruins the world cup. the rule needs changing. everone in football knows it.

Guest Tactical Genius

Nibor you are ignoring the fact that the goal was scored by a BIG RED CLUB.

Had it been against any of ManUSA, ARSE'N'ALL, or LIVERDULL. There would now be a government inquiry into refeering standards.

There is a mathematical quotient to explain the probable outcomes.

Nibor you are ignoring the fact that the goal was scored by a BIG RED CLUB.

Had it been against any of ManUSA, ARSE'N'ALL, or LIVERDULL. There would now be a government inquiry into refeering standards.

There is a mathematical quotient to explain the probable outcomes.

Offside.

For me, the rule has to change. This interference stuff is too difficult for the ref and assistants to interpret accurately every time.

It should revert back to if you are standing offside, then you are offside whether in front of the goal or hugging the touch-line when the ball is on the other touch-line. That used to be the rule and goals aplenty were still scored.

edit: if not, then at least change it that the rule slightly so that you are classed as not interfering if you are 10 yards from the ball at all times until you come back on-side.

This way, the hugging the touch-line bit above wouldn't apply, but, Cisse's little attempted flick (irrespective of whether he touched it or not) would be instantly offside.

Archived