IGNORED

Big Mac Exposed

Port Said Red

Maybe he cant play two games in 3 days? Maybe he was up against better players than recently, what ever the reason Big Mac's shortcomings were exposed several times yesterday.

he did some good work in defence and he got stuck in and won a few balls in the air, but when we switched the play and tried the more intricate football he was definitely not "with the programme".

It wasn't just a case of him not having the touch, he didn't appear to have the awareness of what the possibilities were.

He has his uses, has a good scoring record in his short time here and of course made both goals on Saturday. I think there will be better available in the summer though and he would only be a squad player at best.

I agree he didn't have a great game yesterday, but i'm judging him on more than the odd poor game. Overall he has been decent, good scoring record and when playing well works very good with Brooks. See how he does till the end of the season and then GJ can decide, as I think there will be a number of decent strikers available, beckett and reddy included.

Guest alex1089

I think we must sign this guy, He wasn't too bad yesterday, was just suffering from a bit of fitness that he will gain, 2 games in 3 days for a bloke like him is tough. He has shown enough for me and scored enough for me to warrent him a contract for a year or 2.

SIGN HIM ON JOHNNO!

I agree he didn't have a great game yesterday, but i'm judging him on more than the odd poor game. Overall he has been decent, good scoring record and when playing well works very good with Brooks. See how he does till the end of the season and then GJ can decide, as I think there will be a number of decent strikers available, beckett and reddy included.

Spot On, Sir.

Had we signed Big Mac when we signed Bas, we may well have the extra 6 0r 7 points needed to be strong play off contenders.

Contract has to be right, but I'd sign him, keep Brooker and go out and get two other strikers to replace MS & BS.

I'm thinking that McCammon will be signed on, not as a first choice striker, but as an option. I think Johnson would prefer to go with Brooker, plus an out and out goalscorer like Reddy, Hayter, or Boyd. He'd then have the option of bringing on Mark 'Kitchen Sink' McCammon, and of course there's also the choice of a bit of skill and pace in Cotterill.

Maybe he cant play two games in 3 days? Maybe he was up against better players than recently, what ever the reason Big Mac's shortcomings were exposed several times yesterday.

he did some good work in defence and he got stuck in and won a few balls in the air, but when we switched the play and tried the more intricate football he was definitely not "with the programme".

It wasn't just a case of him not having the touch, he didn't appear to have the awareness of what the possibilities were.

He has his uses, has a good scoring record in his short time here and of course made both goals on Saturday. I think there will be better available in the summer though and he would only be a squad player at best.

He was also up against a bull of a centre half in Branston, who was pushing, elbowing and kneeing at every turn. Could just be that he was sacrificed by taking Branston away from Brooker, giving Brooker more space.

I posted a couple weeks ago that McCammon is not anything special.Big guys like him with limited ability are two a penny.

Devon White,Trevor Benjaman,Wayne Allison and Ade Adebola to name just 4.About the only big target man with any skill these day is Steve Howard of Luton.

Now he's a player I'd love to see at City.

Agree that Branston gave him a tough game but nonetheless surely that's the kind of defender he should prefer to come up against. To me, he is a little one-dimensional and wants to go into the same areas as Brooks. Have we found out what DC's best position is yet? Could it be that like Leroy, Cotterill just needs a run as striker to show what he's made of?

PS I think we need a few more Brooker is rubbish threads. After all he's done nothing this season. In fact in comparison to Evans at Plymouth, he looks really slow. Not fit either. in fact we're doing him a favour letting him sit on the subs' bench.

I think there's no harm in having a battering ram option on the bench, which is what big Mac gives us. He's effective at it, and I can't imagine anything a defender would hate more after being run ragged for an hour than seeing a 6ft2 14.5 stone machine like him warming up. I don't see him as a starter though and I doubt GJ does either.

I saw Mcammon a few times when he was at Brentford and at the time he was regarded as a complete joke. They couldn't beleive their luck when he was sold to Millwall.

He seems to be a different player now, but i think the problem is he will not be happy being a bit part player who gets brought on when things are getting tough. His attitude suggest he will expect to be playing week in and out when available, which doesn't seem likely. If he starts sitting on the bench i worry his attitude will return and we'll suffer the same as his prevous clubs. I think pay as you play is the only way forward for this fella.

I saw Mcammon a few times when he was at Brentford and at the time he was regarded as a complete joke. They couldn't beleive their luck when he was sold to Millwall.

He seems to be a different player now, but i think the problem is he will not be happy being a bit part player who gets brought on when things are getting tough. His attitude suggest he will expect to be playing week in and out when available, which doesn't seem likely. If he starts sitting on the bench i worry his attitude will return and we'll suffer the same as his prevous clubs. I think pay as you play is the only way forward for this fella.

Definately an incentive contract. Say 1000 pounds a goal, an extra 5000 per 10 first team games selected, and 10,000 if city are promoted.

Scoring 20 goals, in 35 games and City promoted would mean an extra 45,000. Offer him close to this divisions average 55-60 thousand pa, and it gives him the opportunity to reach around 100,000 if he really applies himself.

Of course his major plus is Brooker came out in the media, saying he was great to play with, and felt they could work up a good combination together. Brooker never mentioned that about Cotterill, Stewart, Savage and others. Further, Big Mac gave Nelson a torrid time against Pooles, the same Nelson that many of us wanted to sign the last 2 seasons. Personally I think its probably been a while since Mac's had to play 2 hard matches in 3 days. Lets see what saturday brings.

Spot On, Sir.

Had we signed Big Mac when we signed Bas, we may well have the extra 6 0r 7 points needed to be strong play off contenders.

Contract has to be right, but I'd sign him, keep Brooker and go out and get two other strikers to replace MS & BS.

I don't think so. Since Bas made his full debut away to Port Val, we have won 17, drawn 6 and lost 4. That is promotion form, and I doubt that having McCammon throughout would have improved our record significantly.

Incidentally, people might like to speculate on what might have happened if Tinnion had been successful in signing Akinfenwa in the summer...

Archived