IGNORED

23rd April

England

Happy St.Georges Day - get your flags out people

:englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Edited highlights from a website I just found that also has some good historical comment on Oliver Cromwell and John Lilburne.......

Celebrate St George's Day :englandsmile4wf: ......

On looking around the internet you will see many Welsh and many more Scottish sites, some of which base their nationalist sentiments on a general dislike of everything English. Even the corrupt war-mongering Tony Blair Government do not resist their little digs. Jack Straw called the English 'violent' whilst David Blunkett called for the Cross of St George to be reclaimed from the far right. What a pair of muppets !!!! :whistle:

Blunkett's comment is a little strange, firstly I wonder if all the people flying the flag during football matches are all 'far right' and secondly is it the official embargo on flying it which marginalizes it and takes it away from the mainstream?

England is not perfect and there are pages in our history which make uncomfortable reading but we do have a great deal to be proud of. From Alfred the Great to the time of Oliver Cromwell and the Levellers to Nelson's navy and the Battle of Britain this is a story of triumph over adversity, how a motley group of starving Anglo Saxon tribes forged their own nation in a new land, how they fought off invasion after invasion and started on the road to forming one of the largest empires the world has seen. For nearly 1,000 years since the Norman invasion of 1066 England has remained free and independent.

Dr Johnson once called patriotism "The last refuge of the scoundrel". Which probably explains why the English have never really been as good at being patriotic as some other nations. :shifty:

Source: http://crossofstgeorge.net/

For nearly 1,000 years since the Norman invasion of 1066 England has remained free and independent.

When the Franco-Norse aristocracy invaded our little island they enslaved us all. And slaves we remain. Now-a-days we go around proudly displaying the symbol of our enslavement. Oh happy days.

So lets go further back then.

How many people on here consider themselfs to be Anglo-saxon?

Well if you do that makes you German.

Or, how many people consider themselfs to be Celtic, even better that makes you central european too.

My point is 10-66 and the Norman invasion was one of the turning points in OUR history and not an occupation. It was the point where all the ingrediants came together to make a proud country.

When the Franco-Norse aristocracy invaded our little island they enslaved us all. And slaves we remain. Now-a-days we go around proudly displaying the symbol of our enslavement. Oh happy days.

Those are the edited sentiments from a website I found and gave the weblink to - I obviously did not edit enough of the original author's sentiments. :w00t: The author may not be quite the English Republican that I am. Still a website worth reading though and I like his write up on the life of Oliver Cromwell.

God Save England from the Franco-Norse-Germanic Royalist Tyranny. :englandsmile4wf::laugh:

Click on the link below.....

My point is 10-66 and the Norman invasion was one of the turning points in OUR history and not an occupation. It was the point where all the ingrediants came together to make a proud country.

Regardless of what you think of the Invasion's consequences, the Invasion was and remains an occupancy. I believe the Empire was built by the English/British slaves, but it was guided by and built for the benefit of the parasites who sit at the top of our social pyramid.

So lets go further back then.

How many people on here consider themselfs to be Anglo-saxon?

Well if you do that makes you German.

Or, how many people consider themselfs to be Celtic, even better that makes you central european too.

German??!!!! This argument was covered on the subcider forum a few months back. The Anglo Saxon and Viking tribes that were the invaders of what is present day England, after the Romans left, are/were not German. They came mainly from what is present day Holland and Denmark. With the Norman invasion came French and Latin as the official languages and the subjugation and coercion of ordinary Englishmen - via a class system - that lasts to this day.

other facts about today:

1. The day William Shakespear was born

2. The day William Shakespear died (not the actual same day; wouldnt have had time to write all those plays)

3. Day maidenheadred was born

4. The day i experienced (and am still experiencing) the biggest hangover of my entire life. Gotta love birthday all dayers...

German??!!!! This argument was covered on the subcider forum a few months back. The Anglo Saxon and Viking tribes that were the invaders of what is present day England, after the Romans left, are/were not German. They came mainly from what is present day Holland and Denmark. With the Norman invasion came French and Latin as the official languages and the subjugation and coercion of ordinary Englishmen - via a class system - that lasts to this day.

Saxon History

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxons

Angles history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angles

Decide for yourself

other facts about today:

2. The day William Shakespear died (not the actual same day; wouldnt have had time to write all those plays)

4. The day i experienced (and am still experiencing) the biggest hangover of my entire life. Gotta love birthday all dayers...

maidenheadred, Happy Birthday, I raise a toast to you as well as to England and St George. :englandsmile4wf:

dead right guys .

its about time us english took pride in our flag and took it back from the racist scum,that has tarnished it beeeeutifull colours!!

Happy St.Georges day to all!!

:englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

You mean all those cars driving around displaying the flag of st george during Euro 2004 were full of racists. Bleeding heck, there's me thinking they were just patriots. :englandsmile4wf:

Edited highlights from a website I just found that also has some good historical comment on Oliver Cromwell and John Lilburne.......

Celebrate St George's Day :englandsmile4wf: ......

On looking around the internet you will see many Welsh and many more Scottish sites, some of which base their nationalist sentiments on a general dislike of everything English. Even the corrupt war-mongering Tony Blair Government do not resist their little digs. Jack Straw called the English 'violent' whilst David Blunkett called for the Cross of St George to be reclaimed from the far right. What a pair of muppets !!!! :whistle:

Blunkett's comment is a little strange, firstly I wonder if all the people flying the flag during football matches are all 'far right' and secondly is it the official embargo on flying it which marginalizes it and takes it away from the mainstream?

England is not perfect and there are pages in our history which make uncomfortable reading but we do have a great deal to be proud of. From Alfred the Great to the time of Oliver Cromwell and the Levellers to Nelson's navy and the Battle of Britain this is a story of triumph over adversity, how a motley group of starving Anglo Saxon tribes forged their own nation in a new land, how they fought off invasion after invasion and started on the road to forming one of the largest empires the world has seen. For nearly 1,000 years since the Norman invasion of 1066 England has remained free and independent.

Dr Johnson once called patriotism "The last refuge of the scoundrel". Which probably explains why the English have never really been as good at being patriotic as some other nations. :shifty:

Happy St Georges Day English peops.............loads of St Georges crosses flyin up here.

To be pedantic Mr goblin...twas a British Navy at Trafalgar, all parts represented, and in the Battle of Britain, various european countries, Aussies, Kiwis, Yanks, Sarf Africans, and pilots from my long gone fair land flew in Britains defence, proud to fight for freedom, an Englishmans gift to the world

The Venerable Bede tells us that the Germanic settlers came from Anglian and Saxon regions of continental Europe, within the modern territories of Holland, Southern Denmark, and Western Germany. The settlers brought with them, in their heads, an extensive body of lore encoded in alliterative verse, including versified laws as well as historical and legendary narratives. Some of the settlers could use a runic alphabet to carve brief messages, mostly on wooden sticks, but writing was not used for Old English historical or literary material until the conversion to Christianity, when manuscript technology entered from Rome and Ireland.

Source: http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Medieval_...ies/anglos.html

The Venerable Bede tells us that the Germanic settlers came from Anglian and Saxon regions of continental Europe, within the modern territories of Holland, Southern Denmark, and Western Germany. The settlers brought with them, in their heads, an extensive body of lore encoded in alliterative verse, including versified laws as well as historical and legendary narratives. Some of the settlers could use a runic alphabet to carve brief messages, mostly on wooden sticks, but writing was not used for Old English historical or literary material until the conversion to Christianity, when manuscript technology entered from Rome and Ireland.

Source: http://www.brown.edu/Departments/Medieval_...ies/anglos.html

Hey Mr Goblin, our German queen is in charge of a country where some of its citizens are of German descent-whats that all about mate?

Hey Mr Goblin, our German queen is in charge of a country where some of its citizens are of German descent-whats that all about mate?

Ummmm, Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha is not the right type of German to be a legitimate Monarch of England as that family name maybe Bavarian (Southern German) and not Western German from whence a portion of our ancestors came? :shifty: Anyway she does not even satisfy the Royalists snob/toff criteria for a legitimate English Monarch as she cannot claim descent from Alfred the Great. A certain chap named Michael in Australia can claim more legitimate descent from Alfred the Great than can Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - but, lo and behold - he told Tony Robinson during a TV show that he's a Republican and does not want to claim the English crown !!! :laugh:

Ummmm, Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha is not the right type of German to be a legitimate Monarch of England as that family name maybe Bavarian (Southern German) and not Western German from whence a portion of our ancestors came? :shifty: Anyway she does not even satisfy the Royalists snob/toff criteria for a legitimate English Monarch as she cannoit claim descent from Alfred the Great. A certain chap named Michael in Australia can claim more legitimate descent from Alfred the Great than can Elizabeth Saxe-Coburg-Gotha - but, lo and behold - he told Tony Robinson during a TV show that he's a Republican and does not want to claim the English crown !!! :laugh:

Good to go fer me, bring on the republic, mate, have a good St Georges Day, have a Katy ot two fer me!! :laugh:

other facts about today:

Well, congratulations, and errr, commiserations.

Wasn't it Sir Toby Belch in Twelth Night who said "Oooooh, me head hurts"?

Archived