IGNORED

Peacock, Brown, Roberts And Cureton

Cardy

What type of reception will these guys get on saturday?

Personally the only one I will clap is Roberts as he never really wanted to leave and was sold down the river by Tinnion.

Obviously Cureton will probably get the usual, Brown should get a Thorpe(esque) 'one greedy bar-steward'. Peacock, I'm not sure because alot of people still have a soft spot for him and he was a bit of a scapegoat for Wilson's failure.

Cant understand why Aaron Brown should get a hard time next week.

2 seasons ago I an convinced we would have gone up automatic if he had stayed fit.

We never replaced him on the left side, even now we make do with right sided players in that position.

Lets not forget that he bust his leg playing for us.

2 seasons ago I an convinced we would have gone up automatic if he had stayed fit.

We never replaced him on the left side, even now we make do with right sided players in that position.

Agree with that. Although he was sometimes inconsistent he was far from the only one, and we've missed a pacy left winger who can cross ever since.

He also refused a contract that we offered even though we knew it would be a long time before he could play again.

He left cos he thought he was better than us. Same category as Lita for me.

Lets also not forget that he is a complete big time charlie who thought he was so much bigger than this club and slagged the team off on leaving but has now seen his dreams crash around his feet. All this despite being a 1 in 5 player. He deserves all the stick he will get. Greedy bar-steward destined for Div 4. I hope Brads gives a nice hard (but fair) sliding challenge in the first 10mins and then he will dissapear into his shell.

He also refused a contract that we offered even though we knew it would be a long time before he could play again.

Huge difference between him and Leroy. Leroy was sold for a million and has gone on to prove his value. We rejected £600,000 for Brown and he repaid us by walking for nothing and then turning round and slagging the club off. Saturday will be sweet. 'Aaron, Aaron, whats the score ?'

He deserves all the stick he will get. Greedy bar-steward destined for Div 4. I hope Brads gives a nice hard (but fair) sliding challenge in the first 10mins and then he will dissapear into his shell.

I don't care if its fair or not. This blokes a pillock, and hugely over-rated. He played in what was a good Bristol City team at this level, after he left....his individual ability has been found out

Big time Charlie to right, still walks round town on Saturday nights thinking he is the kiddie. Pillock

Rushden & diamonds home (I think) couldn't agree more, but for that terrible injury we would have gone up automatic. Didn't he lay on a goal for Thorpe during a fantistic december night a few short years ago, yeah I remember breaking from defence, down the left, genuine pace,in front of the Williams 40 yards from goal brilliant cross, in comes Thorpe, bang!!! perfect header, cue "cheer up Holloway" we know the rest. next Saturday apart, good luck Aarron and thanks a mill.

don't you agree that we would have gone up automatic had he stayed fit?

Ok he turned down the chance to sign a new contract for us, why is that a reason for him to be given stick?

He was a good player for us, I wish he would have stayed

what 'a normal human being who wants to earn a good living for himself, and his family?'.

Aaron Brown *wa###### better than us.. he was a better player than league 1, and if he hadnt got injured i think he'd be a good championship player for us. He should be treated with the respect he deserves - and if you still think he's a 'judas' for leaving early, take a look at that post a few weeks ago showing the average salary per division..!

<correction!>

what 'a normal human being who wants to earn a good living for himself, and his family?'.

Aaron Brown *wa###### better than us.. he was a better player than league 1, and if he hadnt got injured i think he'd be a good championship player. He should be treated with the respect he deserves - and if you still think he's a 'judas' for leaving early, take a look at that post a few weeks ago showing the average salary per division..!

Peacock- clap.Gave his all

Roberts- clap.The Hartlepool goal

Cureton- we all know what he will get

Brown- He is getting loads. Me and me mates cant stand him

Peacock....... :clap:

Roberts........ :clap:

Brown......... :dunno:

Cureton.......best hide over in Ashton Park sumwhere.

He will get it bigtime, ex Gas, bean bleating off the last couple days bout us so bleat back time me thinks, he will hate it

Peacock....... :clap:

Roberts........ :clap:

Brown......... :dunno:

Cureton.......best hide over in Ashton Park sumwhere.

He will get it bigtime, ex Gas, bean bleating off the last couple days bout us so bleat back time me thinks, he will hate it

Reading the website earlier, he doesn't seem to fancy it Saturday, hope he's a bag of nerves, and we give him stick all through the game, what a lovely thought seeing all that lot at the final whistle if we beat them,

Come on you Reds !!!!!

Guest yateady

i'm not going to slag any of them off, from past experiances they normally raise their game and play a blinder, i think we are in for a tough game, we need 3 points to keep the dream alive, they have nothing to play for as their as good a relegated. saying that it would be sweet to do a gillingham on um!

Brown may well play and hasn't been too bad. He looked quite good when given a run as an out and out winger but has spent too much time having to fill in at central midfield or wing back (yes, defending!)

Peacock will probably be on the bench, he needs an operation in the summer but has been playing with painkillers I think.

Roberts will not be anywhere near the pitch I doubt. He's plying his trade in the reserves until he gets his "head straight".

Cureton may well be on the bench as he often is for away games.

Expect to see the big face off on Saturday for the title of leagues worst natural ability striker. Bas Savage vs Trev Benjamin. Trev will win this battle due to his ability to not take off the floor for headers, doing a good impression of someone playing with lead weights in his boots.

Expect to see the big face off on Saturday for the title of leagues worst natural ability striker. Bas Savage vs Trev Benjamin. Trev will win this battle due to his ability to not take off the floor for headers, doing a good impression of someone playing with lead weights in his boots.

Sure you're not confusing him with Bas?

Sure you're not confusing him with Bas?

He's right you know, Benjamin is truly awful and has a dismal scoring record in recent years. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him turn out for Coventry last season in the Championship. Sooo slow and cumbersome - for all his faults at least Bas gets around the pitch and makes it difficult for defenders.

He's right you know, Benjamin is truly awful and has a dismal scoring record in recent years. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him turn out for Coventry last season in the Championship. Sooo slow and cumbersome - for all his faults at least Bas gets around the pitch and makes it difficult for defenders.

Saturday could be entertaining for all sorts of reasons.................

Didn't we try and sign him a few years ago...? I'm sure he was on someone's wanted list, before he headed off to Leicester. Was one of the reasons Peter Taylor lost his only Premiership managerial job, wasn't he? Along with Akinbiyi...

Don't follow your logic - Leroy clearly was destined for bigger things and has gone on to prove it - next season he will be a prem striker. Did you expect him to stay when a big money offer and the chance to play at a higher level came in - at least we made some money out of him ?

Personally the only one I will clap is Roberts as he never really wanted to leave and was sold down the river by Tinnion.

Obviously Cureton will probably get the usual, Brown should get a Thorpe(esque) 'one greedy bar-steward'. Peacock, I'm not sure because alot of people still have a soft spot for him and he was a bit of a scapegoat for Wilson's failure.

I'm not going to clap roberts for two reasons:

1) he's welsh :@

2)He wasn't sold down the river. He was a lazy bar steward who thought he was better than the club. can u you remember why he was sold? He threw his shirt on the ground and refused to pick it up. How can you clap a player after he does that?!? :grr:

Peacock wasn'tthe best, but he did try his all for the club, even if he did leave on a free.

I know what Cureton will get - what he always gets when he plays us = PAEDO!

I know what Cureton will get - what he always gets when he plays us = PAEDO!

It wasn't the wisest choice of a potential date: the chairman's daughter (allegedly), although I believe she wasn't under age. Having said that, I wouldn't want some yobbo footballer (especially a Gashead) after my daughter even if she were over 30

I'm going to clap Roberts and Brown - don't personally think we have ever replaced the combination of Hill and Brown on the left - amazing partnership in my opinion and I always like Roberts. However Cureton's reception goes without saying and Peacock I just don't like but if he does play I'm not sure whether to clap him or not just for the fact that he did play for us for a while and did try...sometimes...and he also did us a favour by letting Wilky score last game of the season last year!

Archived