IGNORED

G Block

A case of a few little idiots spoiling it for the rest of the well behaved young 'uns I think. Pity the club can't seem to get it right and simply ban the small number of troublemakers and leave the rest alone.

Possibly because whenever Stewards arrive the whole of G Block starts pishing them off & provoking them :dunno:

Possibly because whenever Stewards arrive the whole of G Block starts pishing them off & provoking them :dunno:

Somehow I doubt that very much. Far more likely that a small number of idiots play up and provoke the stewards into being heavy handed with everyone there, creating a confrontational atmosphere.

Somehow I doubt that very much. Far more likely that a small number of idiots play up and provoke the stewards into being heavy handed with everyone there, creating a confrontational atmosphere.

Agreed. Its definately the minority!! Just out of interest how do you know Ron sat in the Ateyo?? :dunno:

I think its quite a tricky one...

Whilst if the reports are accurate, it would seem to me that the club were very harsh on people for not sitting in the correct seats, you can understand their not wishing to sell tickets in that area.

Imagine you are a elderly couple who buy tickets in G block and then arrive at your seat to find that there are already a number of people sat in them who have tickets elsewhere in the ground?

I think its quite a tricky one...

I disagree for the reason below.

Imagine you are a elderly couple who buy tickets in G block and then arrive at your seat to find that there are already a number of people sat in them who have tickets elsewhere in the ground?

Yes I agree that would be a problem, the atmosphere in G block with chanting and noise isn't for everyone and having people in your seat would make some people very uncomfortable.

This is exactly why the club should have done the sensible thing and picked a block, designated it as a singing/noisy area, sold only unreserved tickets in it and warned people buying tickets for it about how it was designated. The club could also put the same stewards there every week for a bit of consistency and use CCTV to permanently ban the small number of trouble makers.

I fail to understand what's hard about this, it simply strikes me that the club think that teenagers are more trouble than they're worth because one or two of them play up. Funny though, I'm sure there are still one or two over 40s that play up but you don't see them victimising a whole age group there do you? The club merely needs to be consistent in how it treats supporters, regardless of age.

I sit in F block - and from my seat all the lads in G block seem to want to do is sing and get behind the team.

I haven't seen any "trouble" , this is totally pathetic by the club.

Following on from the last game when G block was being "guarded" by stewards at the bottom of the steps and a ticket check went on throughout the game - I though the next step would be for the club to refuse to sell tickets for this section.

Probably the next step will be to refuse to sell season tickets to under 21's in that block.

I go to many away games and the lads who chant,sing and cheer on the team are clapped by the manager and team at the end and get comments like the fans were fantastic etc in the press..........yet when they try to get together and sing at home they are treated like "troublemakers"

These fans were historically kicked out of the East End then later drowned out of the Atyeo by the rubbish band, then Williams E block was shut to them, so they moved to G block Dolman which was then an empty corner of the ground. Now this !

The club seem intent on killing any possibility of an atmosphere.

The club are very slow to catch up with football in the 21st century and seem stuck with the 1970/80's mindset that football supporters/chanting = troublemakers.

Perhaps Mr sexstone should be made to sit in a dark room and watch "The Football Factory" and "Green Street" and get an idea of who the troublmaker types are....................and not to confuse them with Shirt wearing real fans.

I fail to understand what's hard about this, it simply strikes me that the club think that teenagers are more trouble than they're worth because one or two of them play up. Funny though, I'm sure there are still one or two over 40s that play up but you don't see them victimising a whole age group there do you? The club merely needs to be consistent in how it treats supporters, regardless of age.

I agree completely with your sentiment. Nobody should be discriminated against because of age of course. I don't see them being discriminated in this instance though - the club have decided to sell tickets to nobody. That doesn't discriminate and that is the only issue I was saying was tricky for the club.

By selling no tickets, I think they are probably doing the right thing given that it is not unreserved etc. They could warn people that the block is unreserved but if half of the A - F blocks came into the G block filling it, how would the person with the G block ticket know where to sit?

I sit in F block - and from my seat all the lads in G block seem to want to do is sing and get behind the team.

I haven't seen any "trouble" , this is totally pathetic by the club.

Following on from the last game when G block was being "guarded" by stewards at the bottom of the steps and a ticket check went on throughout the game - I though the next step would be for the club to refuse to sell tickets for this section.

Probably the next step will be to refuse to sell season tickets to under 21's in that block.

I go to many away games and the lads who chant,sing and cheer on the team are clapped by the manager and team at the end and get comments like the fans were fantastic etc in the press..........yet when they try to get together and sing at home they are treated like "troublemakers"

These fans were historically kicked out of the East End then later drowned out of the Atyeo by the rubbish band, then Williams E block was shut to them, so they moved to G block Dolman which was then an empty corner of the ground. Now this !

The club seem intent on killing any possibility of an atmosphere.

The club are very slow to catch up with football in the 21st century and seem stuck with the 1970/80's mindset that football supporters/chanting = troublemakers.

Perhaps Mr sexstone should be made to sit in a dark room and watch "The Football Factory" and "Green Street" and get an idea of who the troublmaker types are....................and not to confuse them with Shirt wearing real fans.

Top post there CR - now be a good chap and sit down, be quiet & stop incitng trouble.

I agree completely with your sentiment. Nobody should be discriminated against because of age of course. I don't see them being discriminated in this instance though - the club have decided to sell tickets to nobody. That doesn't discriminate and that is the only issue I was saying was tricky for the club.

The discrimination is in the treatment of teenage fans by the stewards. All of the reports of harsh treatment are coming from teenagers or U21s at least, witnessed by older fans (subbers) who were not subject to the same treatment despite being in the same block or near enough. Explain how this isn't discrimination?

Anyway, refusing to sell tickets for a block prodominantly used by younger fans is discriminating against younger fans. You can't hide behind "We're not selling them to everyone" because it's blatently obvious that not everyone wants them. Do you think, say for example, refusing to sell tickets to anyone from Easton wouldn't be racial discrimination? I mean it applies to everyone from easton regardless of colour so it isn't racist right? Didn't think so.

By selling no tickets, I think they are probably doing the right thing given that it is not unreserved etc. They could warn people that the block is unreserved but if half of the A - F blocks came into the G block filling it, how would the person with the G block ticket know where to sit?

I think they're doing the lazy, short sighted and confrontational thing that will lead to further problems as the younger fans just pick somewhere else to congregate.

Ticketing is an easy problem to solve, you sell x number of G block tickets for seats that are unreserved within that block, people that want to move there have to exchange. That means people can sit wherever they like inside the block but it won't get oversold.

I think that the only reason the club aren't selling tickets for G block, is because it's the Swindle game.

There's already enough reasons for trouble, sending swindle down, last home game of the season, everyone on the pitch etc. The club just probably don't want any further reason for provocation. Imagine sending them down, all the 'G Block' taunting the fans, and it all kicking off. They might give the points to Swindle :w00t: and no-one wants that!!

I'm confident this is a one off, get yourselves around the ground and we can get a ####ing class atmosphere to send the scum down, and see us in a play off place!!

RED ARMY!

The discrimination is in the treatment of teenage fans by the stewards. All of the reports of harsh treatment are coming from teenagers or U21s at least, witnessed by older fans (subbers) who were not subject to the same treatment despite being in the same block or near enough. Explain how this isn't discrimination?

I was not commenting on this. As I have said before, if the reports are accurate then the treatment was too harsh in my opinion.

Why do you have to comment on everything even when you know firk all about it?

I don't provoke anybody and nor do the 50 or so people I know in that block. Nor does a couple of hundred people I don't know. We are talking maybe 5 or 10 fans who want to provoke who get maybe another 15/20 copy them cos they think it's clever.

Don't tarnish a whole block with your uneducated comments.

Trouble?? just a few cheeky lads who won't sit down when told :doh:

The G-block lads at the back go for a good fun atmosphere and help join

in to create it and i got no problems with them what so ever, by our

own dealings (subbers) in the past with stewards we have learned to work with them

and they are more leaniant with you instead of being jobs worth with you,

we greet them with a smile and good natured banter rather than telling them to f' off

and you get it back in return, it goes a long way, trust me..

now this is the problem, we all know it's ott but rules are rules and they

have said the rules sometimes are petty, but they have to do it, however

standing up for 90 mins won't help any cause for us for the east end and to be fair

that is the one thing that stands in our way, THE BACK OF G-BLOCKS BEHAVIOR,

now to me i don't see sod all wrong apart from standing for 90 mins, i'd like to

but we've gone over this a million times and have gone back to square one every time,

the club ain't stupid they know what the EE means to a fair few fans so what better thing to

do to punish naughty fans is to take their toy away from them, the more you rebel and moan

the more you won't get it back, now we all know the modern day of stadium rules suck,

but if you REALLY WANT THE EAST END BACK you have got to start playing ball because

to be fair your all heading for a ban than a new season in the EE, fingers crossed if you work with the

stewards you might get better reports back to the club and they MAY, JUST MAY, let ALL city fans back in there,

as to be fair the dolman stand is far to steep to stand and so high up you don't need to.

the stewards were given instructions to photo people playing up over the last 3 home games to ban

young lads in g-block for the swindon game, fair or not, you won't win.

just a thought...... ;)

I don't provoke anybody and nor do the 50 or so people I know in that block. Nor does a couple of hundred people I don't know. We are talking maybe 5 or 10 fans who want to provoke who get maybe another 15/20 copy them cos they think it's clever.

Nice one Neo, I sit in F block, and I cant see them doing much wrong (in my opinion), they are just supporting our team. Like an earlier poster said, they get applauded at away games for it, yet are hassled at the home games for doing the very same thing, that is Supporting the City !

To be fair there weren't many fans in G Block at the time me & a mate saw it, it was about half full, but was a fair proportion of the block that started pishing off the stewards. Not the whole though, no :ph34r:

To be fair there weren't many fans in G Block at the time me & a mate saw it, it was about half full, but was a fair proportion of the block that started pishing off the stewards. Not the whole though, no :ph34r:

Whats the point in saying it then just to get people's back up?? Wise idea :shutup:

Whats the point in saying it then just to get people's back up?? Wise idea :shutup:

Chip on your shoulder? :whistle:

I have spoken with my mate since posting first about it and he says I was wrong. Neo also says this so it looks like I was :P

Amazing how many people are commenting who know bugger all on the subject!

People who sit in Block G every game know the score and the way in which the stewards have behaved towards us this season.

Doubt I'll bother sitting there again next season, too much unnecessary heat and hassle.

yep - just phoned up and they said G block is only open for season ticket holders.

I'll be in F then !!! :@ I hope there's still a chance to have a sing song :crying:

There must be a chance the Dolman will sale out,then G block tickets will have to be sold. :dunno:

Amazing how many people are commenting who know bugger all on the subject!

People who sit in Block G every game know the score and the way in which the stewards have behaved towards us this season.

Doubt I'll bother sitting there again next season, too much unnecessary heat and hassle.

Know bugger all?

I sit in the G block have done for a long time and understand you get funny with being ordered around.......

but maybe your right.... off you go...... travellers!

Archived