IGNORED

City V Rovers Legends Game Tomorrow Night

cheshire_red

An outstanding lineup! I've just been down the Gate to pick up tickets.

My only concern is the Rovers squad looks a bit, er, 'youthful' compared to ours! :laugh:

Anyway I have a question: does anyone know whether there will be a bar open inside the Hand Stadium before/during/after the match? Apparently the advice is to arrive early, so would it make more sense to go straight to the ground and have a drink there instead of going to the pub.

Failing that, where are the nearest pubs to the ground?

Cheers ta.

An outstanding lineup! I've just been down the Gate to pick up tickets.

My only concern is the Rovers squad looks a bit, er, 'youthful' compared to ours! :laugh:

Anyway I have a question: does anyone know whether there will be a bar open inside the Hand Stadium before/during/after the match? Apparently the advice is to arrive early, so would it make more sense to go straight to the ground and have a drink there instead of going to the pub.

Failing that, where are the nearest pubs to the ground?

Cheers ta.

All the pubs are miles away from the ground mate (if walking), you'd be better off going straight to the Hand Stadium and drinking in the bar there.

If you took a second to read the article it clearly states the costs.

I'm not able to access the link from my work computer - the site is banned due to suspected gambling content.

So, would it have been too difficult just to answer my question without trying to be clever?

Is anyone else being foolish enough to head out from Bristol to Clevedon on a bus? Or am I the only idiot who thinks that this ought to be possible?

It is possible, Done it a few times myself to go fishing up there. Best to check the First group website to look up the timetables.

Guest yateady

can't wait, i was saying to a mate today if only they were all 25 years old, what a team that would be, i would of liked to of seen mark gavin and john bailey aswell, they were great in that promotion season.

What on crutches with his broken ankle?

He came off crutches this week. If up against Gerry Sweeney and Brian Drysdale he'll probably still score. :D

*Explanatory note* That's cos Leroy's dead young and fit, while Ger & Bri are old and a lil bit slow. If Leroy had been around in their day they'd a ######in eaten him fer breakfast!

Brian Drysdale is still remarkably fit though for an old guy!! he's always running around Stockwood! Does the half marathon every year in about 1 hour 40!!! Doubt he has much pace but good level of fitness still....most footballers tend to let themselves go when they finish playing but not him!

Can someone give me a link of the directions to the Hand Stadium as I cant find it and I know it was posted on here over the weekend? :pray:

Clevedon Town website

Exit the M5 at Junction 20, and take the slip road (Ettlingen Way) to the first roundabout. Take first left and proceed to the next roundabout (with Tescos on your right). Take first left into Kenn Road, continue out of Clevedon and take second left into Davis Lane, continue back over the M5 and proceed to the ground. (Hand Stadium signposted from M5 sliproad).

Also has really unhelpful advice for me getting a bus :rolleyes:

Buses from Bristol Bus Station run to Clevedon every half an hour, and drop off at Clevedon Triangle, you are probably best off catching a taxi to the ground from there.

Archived