IGNORED

I'm Not Renewing My Season Ticket

M_Porter

My brother and I and our 2 kids will be renewing - we come from Watford but I don't see it as a chore. Every time I go to AG I remember my grandad who used to bunk off school to watch City play in the early 1900s. My Dad then took me and so on. I remember the great promotion games when Atyeo scored and when Whitehead's goal took us into the top flight. That fantastic Liverpool game when Chris Garland got the winner and so many others. I guess it's in the blood!

City are my team and it's a pleasure to own a season ticket - always will be. None of us smoke either! But respect everyone's opionion. :me?:

You have two kids with your brother? So you'll be sitting in the away end on Saturday then?

Your staement was completly anti smoking and you obviously didnt read the original post very well.

I clearly state that the smoking thing is just one of many things that i disagree with this season.

And as i some one else stated i canot justify spending the money,but that dosent mean i shant be attending some games!

Yes I am non-smoker and the thought of watching my beloved Bristol City without some old mucker blowing his tabacco smoke into my general direction delights me. I completly understood your original post thank you, just found your reasons trivial, hence my reply.

Glad to hear you will be attending some games :w00t:

After much deliberation and having read the renewal form 10 times I'm afraid i wont be getting one

The thing that has swaued me is the no smoking policy next season although this is not THE reason its just the one that broke the cammels back.

Pr this year has been the worst i can remember!

No smoking (99% of the ground)!

Charging to enter the dolman bar!

Shirt quality (ok rectified now)!

Judge me on tinman ( well we did and to what end)

the list goes on and on

This though dosent mean I'm not going to be attending games. because i will but i don't feel welcome !

If me you and everyone else was treated in the same way at a restaurant would it be bankrupt YES of course it would.

I quite simply would rather put my money into the club by way of the supporters trust,At least i know where and how my money is being spent.Hell i vote on where my money is going!

So there we have it thats what i am doing !

Does anyone else feel this way ?

:englandsmile4wf:

one last voice behind me moaning every time a ball is kicked then. Ah well!

For what it's worth:

- nonsense.

- excellent!! its a smelly habit and i don't want it anywhere near me.

- you want the best players don't you? well - they want big money, and we need to pay them. blame the system.

- last season's shirt a reason to not go next season? Joker...

- why didnt you fail to renew last year because of Pulis then? it's in the past, and just as irrelevant. SLmade a decision that looked OK at the time, but history has shown to be wrong. So, must of us move on and look to the future. But some of us sit behind me in the Ateyo, smoking, moaning and generally annoying me. But in your case, not any more... excellent!!

one last voice behind me moaning every time a ball is kicked then. Ah well!

For what it's worth:

- nonsense.

- excellent!! its a smelly habit and i don't want it anywhere near me.

- you want the best players don't you? well - they want big money, and we need to pay them. blame the system.

- last season's shirt a reason to not go next season? Joker...

- why didnt you fail to renew last year because of Pulis then? it's in the past, and just as irrelevant. SLmade a decision that looked OK at the time, but history has shown to be wrong. So, must of us move on and look to the future. But some of us sit behind me in the Ateyo, smoking, moaning and generally annoying me. But in your case, not any more... excellent!!

Great post. Every new season fills me with optimisim, and I for one am very optimistic about next season. If City can hold on to Brooker and McCammon there are two players who will get goals to push us for promotion, and I have every reason to think that City can get out of League One in 2007 (assuming that playoffs aren't an option this year).

If others don't want to join in supporting City by purchasing a season ticket, that's their choice. Stop moaning, save your money, stay at home. Have a nice day. End of rant.

This year my season ticket cost me 300 or so quid to sit in the dolman G block as i had to pay adult price. This season they have introduced the under 21 price which is awesome as i will get my ticket same place for £170 I'm well chuffed with this, that nearly half price!!

Well done Steve L for introducing this price bracket I'm sure I'm not the only person to benefit from this.

Nice one, up the reds.

Yes I am non-smoker and the thought of watching my beloved Bristol City without some old mucker blowing his tabacco smoke into my general direction delights me. I completly understood your original post thank you, just found your reasons trivial, hence my reply.

Glad to hear you will be attending some games :w00t:

Lovely village Seend!

Why if you are troubled by cigarette smoke do you not use the barely used no smoking blocks?

I fail to understand all this glee when the ground is half empty nearly every week and it would have been a simple task to provide non smoking and smoking areas for all

Watching the city costs a fiver a week. I can't believe some of the writers on here can't afford that - its the cost of 2 pints or less.

Some people are never happy unless they are moaning.

Why should i buy a season ticket, when i probably go to more games than you, away if not at home. Are you better than me because i chose to sit where i please. i don't want to be sat in a stand where the atmosphere is substandard, i want to sit with my mates, it's the choice i have. As i said before if say the East was made into unreserved seats for ticket holders, i would buy. The club at the moment get more cash off of me then a ticket holder, As you said about people moaning, at least they say how they feel, better like that and just sit back and except the failers of the club. I also think that the fans who speak there minds have the club at heart, more so then the ones who except everything.

Why should i buy a season ticket, when i probably go to more games than you, away if not at home. Are you better than me because i chose to sit where i please. i don't want to be sat in a stand where the atmosphere is substandard, i want to sit with my mates, it's the choice i have. As i said before if say the East was made into unreserved seats for ticket holders, i would buy. The club at the moment get more cash off of me then a ticket holder, As you said about people moaning, at least they say how they feel, better like that and just sit back and except the failers of the club. I also think that the fans who speak there minds have the club at heart, more so then the ones who except everything.

The atmosphere is pathetic at the Gate Brian.

I bought a season ticket this season knowing i would miss games and then saw numereous discounts being handed out to those who do not go so regulalry like my Mrs who then goes on to taunt me about the fact.I paid hundreds of pounds to be sat in a stand i did not want to be surrounded by silence.

Next season i was going to move somewhere else in the stadium but now because of the smoking ban [my friends smoke] i am wondering where i will be sat once again for hundreds of pounds. Even less choice now on offer next season and i will still probaly buy a season ticket which in alll honesty makes me look like a bit of a gullible arse.

I would not slag of any fan who feels that he wants to make a point about their experience at the a Gate because as far as i am concerned we are getting took for a ride.

The atmosphere is pathetic at the Gate Brian.

I bought a season ticket this season knowing i would miss games and then saw numereous discounts being handed out to those who do not go so regulalry like my Mrs who then goes on to taunt me about the fact.I paid hundreds of pounds to be sat in a stand i did not want to be surrounded by silence.

Next season i was going to move somewhere else in the stadium but now because of the smoking ban [my friends smoke] i am wondering where i will be sat once again for hundreds of pounds. Even less choice now on offer next season and i will still probaly buy a season ticket which in alll honesty makes me look like a bit of a gullible arse.

I would not slag of any fan who feels that he wants to make a point about their experience at the a Gate because as far as i am concerned we are getting took for a ride.

Have to agree with you Wurzel, just because a fan is outspoken does not mean he does not have the club at heart. What a boring forum this would be if there was no debate, until someone comes along and slags off without trying to get the view of others. As for the gate there has not been a lot to cheer over the past couple of seasons, which doesn't make for a good atmosphere. thats why i prefer away games.

Guest Cary Grant supported City

As the Great Red Goblin states;

Pay on the Day for me too!!.

Being an Exile, i can choose to sit where i like, take along who i like, and decide if work is more important than the match!!.

IF i were lucky enough to live near Bristol, then i would get a Season Ticket regardless!!.

Especially as we are going to storm the Division next season, win 86% of our games, Draw 10% and loose just 4%, and go up to the Championship as Champions!!.

Forget the Summer!!.

I'm already looking forward to next season, more than i was the last!!.

:englandsmile4wf::city::englandsmile4wf::farmer:;)

Lovely village Seend!

Why if you are troubled by cigarette smoke do you not use the barely used no smoking blocks?

I fail to understand all this glee when the ground is half empty nearly every week and it would have been a simple task to provide non smoking and smoking areas for all

I do sit in the lower Dolman which is non-smoking, at least it states that on my season ticket!! I just could not understand why someone would justify not buying a season ticket because Ashton Gate was to be non smoking next season? Is it that much of a big deal :dunno:

Poeple will still smoke regardless, cant really see the stewards doing much about it.

Seend is nice,especially this time of year, surrounded by 4 super countryside pubs serving a great selection of ciders and ales....lifes good! :farmer: :Party12:

Got mine on Monday. Had to move because of this Premier seating which is not going to

going to be full anyway!!!! Got a £50 discount, cause of inconvenience, so bargain price.

Will support City no matter what. I smoke, but do agree it is a bit annoying when you

are in close proximity to a person smoking a cigar, ciggie or pipe even!!!! Yes some of

those people who sit in the nice seats behind me smoke pipes.......and what gets me

even more is that they don't know jack about City, yet probably get free hospitality

tickets too.

Sorry rant over. xx

Archived