IGNORED

Why Phillips Must Go!

redrocks

Just watched the Phillips interview on World. I observed a couple of things which I think show some of the characteristics that explain why he is not in the side right now.

1 - Negativity -- calling out Lita and 'Crammy' for not showing up and not being 'men of their word'. At his testimonial match!

2 - Goalkeeping skills -- let in a backpass!

3 - Hairstyle -- he has a mullet for God's sake!

Can anyone think of any other reasons??

Just watched the Phillips interview on World. I observed a couple of things which I think show some of the characteristics that explain why he is not in the side right now.

1 - Negativity -- calling out Lita and 'Crammy' for not showing up and not being 'men of their word'. At his testimonial match!

1) nothing wrong with what he said.....Lita and Cramb promised him they would turn up and they didn't! not just letting him down, but the paying public, maybe not for Lita but for Cramb

2) it was a friendly game and apparently Phillips was under strict instructions not to go into any challegenges to get himself injured

3) you making a deal out of nothing!

now get off his bloody back!

Get of his back, it was a Testimonial and he was probably not even trying hard.

Lita has a broken leg so how is he spose to play, and Cramb is still playing first team football!

1) nothing wrong with what he said.....Lita and Cramb promised him they would turn up and they didn't! not just letting him down, but the paying public, maybe not for Lita but for Cramb

2) it was a friendly game and apparently Phillips was under strict instructions not to go into any challegenges to get himself injured

agreed if you seen later in the second half phillips nearly got caught a couple of times making point blank saves.

i either like phillips or you don't but he has done ten years of loyal service and is now in my eyes a legend.

no one said to tins bout it not working out as manager it was all good stuff and people wanted his auto graph. this is just a summit so you can get loads of replies. plank!

plank plank.

He's spoiled, bad loser. blames anyone & everyone for his own mistakes, he flaps (for England), he's spoiled, not a team player, panics, can't kick straight, chocolate wrists, mummy's boy, spoiled, can't cope with crosses ( Drac), must have best car in the car park, (spoiled) ugly, got twelve toes, redneck, crap keeper. Coward!

Of course we should let him go, after all, why would City want a competent Keeper who has proved his worth over a number of years. Personally, I don't give a toss what he is alleged to have done, he is the best Keeper at the Club, and therefore should be first choice.

He's spoiled, bad loser. blames anyone & everyone for his own mistakes, he flaps (for England), he's spoiled, not a team player, panics, can't kick straight, chocolate wrists, mummy's boy, spoiled, can't cope with crosses ( Drac), must have best car in the car park, (spoiled) ugly, got twelve toes, redneck, crap keeper. Coward!

Come on now BAI, don't beat about the bush. Come out and say it!

I agree 100%

can't kick straight, .... and Basso can??

crap keeper. oh yes so bad i mean that double save vs everton so bad it puts bas savage's trip over his own feet whilst clean through in goal seem like the best bit of skill ever....

i just don't get why people have a go at city players if they love bristol city fc. if you love the club get behind the players not slag them off..

can't kick straight, .... and Basso can??

crap keeper. oh yes so bad i mean that double save vs everton so bad it puts bas savage's trip over his own feet whilst clean through in goal seem like the best bit of skill ever....

i just don't get why people have a go at city players if they love bristol city fc. if you love the club get behind the players not slag them off..

Just not good enough I'm afraid. Gas too!

Just not good enough I'm afraid. Gas too!

he is good enough though thats the point, he lost his place for making a couple of mistakes and also because his confidence must of been low having a different defence every game, if the tables were turned, basso was in goal during that run of loses and phillips was in goal now then would he be good enough?

i think phillips should be given a go with the current defence.

he is good enough though thats the point, he lost his place for making a couple of mistakes and also because his confidence must of been low having a different defence every game, if the tables were turned, basso was in goal during that run of loses and phillips was in goal now then would he be good enough?

i think phillips should be given a go with the current defence.

You say he's good enough, I disagree, backing up my judgement, how many teams have come in for him? Is Bazzer his agent?

Of course we should let him go, after all, why would City want a competent Keeper who has proved his worth over a number of years. Personally, I don't give a toss what he is alleged to have done, he is the best Keeper at the Club, and therefore should be first choice.

He messed up in a game against players twice his age last night, as he has been doing about the last 5 times he played in a City shirt for the real team.

Surely that says something about him?!? :dunno:

1. Fair point. Very clumsy of him to slag people off who had offered to help him. Very surprised they didn't edit out those comments.

2. Irrelevant given the circumstances.

3. Now you're being negative. You could have mentioned the fact that he has a good set of teeth. Mr Holloway on the other hand looks like he's taken that gardening leave idea a bit too seriously. In fact, he looks like he's been sleeping rough in an allotment for the past two months.

1. Fair point. Very clumsy of him to slag people off who had offered to help him. Very surprised they didn't edit out those comments.

2. Irrelevant given the circumstances.

3. Now you're being negative. You could have mentioned the fact that he has a good set of teeth. Mr Holloway on the other hand looks like he's taken that gardening leave idea a bit too seriously. In fact, he looks like he's been sleeping rough in an allotment for the past two months.

1 - Agreed.

2 - As he is a goalkeeper, how are his goalkeeping skills irrelevant?

3 - Holloway kind of reminds me of a mutant Count von Count from Sesame Street who has been genetically crossed with a tramp and raised in Kingswood. The power of science these days!

IPB Image

Agreed, SP hasnt had the best season but given when he was playing, the whole team were doing just has bad has he was and now over the course of 44+ games the team have now got that winning feeling again he hasnt been apart of it.

When he has played the pressure he must have been under to acheive the same level as the rest of the squad must have been massive which can lead to errors.

SP has been a good servant to BCFC and i for one will be sad to see him leave under the cloud that hes under.

Thank's Steve and good luck

Agreed, SP hasnt had the best season but given when he was playing, the whole team were doing just has bad has he was and now over the course of 44+ games the team have now got that winning feeling again he hasnt been apart of it.

When he has played the pressure he must have been under to acheive the same level as the rest of the squad must have been massive which can lead to errors.

SP has been a good servant to BCFC and i for one will be sad to see him leave under the cloud that hes under.

Top post.

Frankly after how he acted when he got dropped and his continuation of just not getting it, I don't care if he is the best keeper at the club there is no place for that here; You could make excuses if it was Oliver Kahn or someother mental keeper who in the end was an irreplacable player.

I for on ethink that either of Yeovils keepers over the past few years are better than SP.

Good ridance.

"WHEN HE HAS PLAYED THE PRESSURE HE MUST HAVE BEEN UNDERTO ACHIEVE THE SAME LEVEL AS THE REST OF THE SQUAD MUST HAVE BEEN MASSIVE WHICH CAN LEAD TO ERRORS."

Exactly. Why?

I am baffled why some people are heaping on praise on Phillips for his great loyality?

Have we really been beating off other teams who have come in for him in the last 10 years? Has he made personal sacrifices to stay with us when we needed him?

As far as I can tell he got his chance when Mercer sadly ended his career through injury, Phillips was, lucky for him, in the right place at the right time and was able to keep fit. He has little or no competition for his place, and again luckily, was able to play when relatively injury free, and one booking away from a suspension at times. Throughout this time he must have been rewarded appropiately with a good wage, as any player in a similar position would be. How has he been so loyal?

When the going got tough, and competition was brought in, instead of knuckling down as others have done, he has appeared to have done himself no favours. He would be wise to look at where some of the players who didn't fit in are now, and then have a big think and decide which group of plaers he wants to be with.

I have no doubt that this, his Testimonial year, greatly influenced his decision.

The mullet is enough for me to want him to go, but all the other points about being a bit of a prat, spoilt (too true!!!), blames others, sulks, cannot deal with cross's, saved us sometime and lets us down just as many times adds to me wanting Phillipd for England or for that matter any other team that will have him (not glammering for him are they)

One more thing, when he mentioned "Leroy"....

are we sure he didnt mean Rosenior and not Lita??

it's a testimonial for a good keeper who has given 10 good years to this club. You lot are an absolutely ######king disgrace. Shutup.

it's a testimonial for a good keeper who has given 10 good years to this club. You lot are an absolutely ######king disgrace. Shutup.

Well maybe it's more a problem I have with testimonials, times have changed from when they first started. I know phillips is kindly donating a % to charity, but still I have a bad feeling about this one.

You say he has given 10 good years, my point is that he should be counting his blessings that he has been fortunate to do so. Yes he may have missed out on signing on fees by moving, but his contracts surely will have reflected that. At least he was offered new contracts.

Compare him say to a player like Mickey Bell who gave 8 (?) good years and wasn't offered a contract. I'm not saying he is anymore deserving of a testimonial as he was I understand to have been paid well, but was his loyality any less and it went unrecognised when he left?

Archived