IGNORED

Joke

Dan C

95% of the users on this forum manage to get by without ever having their posts moderated, it's only those who feel they should transcend the rules that seem to have a problem.

I know I'm badgering on, but I think it's only the 5% who are picked up on and reported that have the problem.

Been brousing through the thread's just now, and if , like I say, I was waving my high moral and pedantic stick about then there would have been a good number of report's for one offence or another. All these would have then had their post's edited or removed and your 5% seeming to have a problem would look like an under-estimation.

I know I'm badgering on, but I think it's only the 5% who are picked up on and reported that have the problem.

Been brousing through the thread's just now, and if , like I say, I was waving my high moral and pedantic stick about then there would have been a good number of report's for one offence or another. All these would have then had their post's edited or removed and your 5% seeming to have a problem would look like an under-estimation.

I'll back up Tom's stat of 5%. There seems to be a fair number of 'repeat offenders' within this minority. I'm sure that there are certain people that you look out for when you post - people who's opinions you may or may not respect. With this in mind, you may choose or not choose to read a post by a particular person based on what you know of them. As there are a select few that seem to want to spend their time focusing on pushing the boundaries of moderation, we are left with little option than to watch them more carefully.

The 'Report' button is there for a good reason. This place can be self-moderating to an extent. We get posts reported daily & it helps a great deal. We may or may not take action depending on the nature of the complaint, but it does offer us reassurance that people are aware of the rules that helps keep this forum tidy.

Beyond this, people have different levels of leniency - whilst a post may offend one, it may not bother another. We often use the term 'Family Forum' and with this in mind, we have to read posts and determine whether it's something that most parents would consider acceptable for their children to read.

I also agree with comments that this forum has become a little more relaxed since the ST were handed care of it. If swearing, insulting & abusing is what people wish to do, they can always use other forums.

Archived