IGNORED

Saturday

frenchred

I really really hope that Saturday does not turn into a damp squid of a day. Bristol City Football Club has a habit of building supporters expectations into a crescendo only to fail at the last hurdle.

Swindon will not lay down and die for us! If they can see out the first twenty minutes when all our fans will have quietened down then they will probably fancy their chances.

The playoffs are out of our reach I BELIEVE. If scores start to trickle through to confirm this then the excitment and commitment may waiver slightly, again Swindon could use this to their advantage.

To all our fans on here gloating and believing that Saturday is a forgone conclusion, please see my opening sentence!!

Here's hoping for a City win and all other results going our way, But........................

I really really hope that Saturday does not turn into a damp squid of a day. Bristol City Football Club has a habit of building supporters expectations into a crescendo only to fail at the last hurdle.

Swindon will not lay down and die for us! If they can see out the first twenty minutes when all our fans will have quietened down then they will probably fancy their chances.

The playoffs are out of our reach I BELIEVE. If scores start to trickle through to confirm this then the excitment and commitment may waiver slightly, again Swindon could use this to their advantage.

To all our fans on here gloating and believing that Saturday is a forgone conclusion, please see my opening sentence!!

Here's hoping for a City win and all other results going our way, But........................

Nice to see someone being realistic, don't get me wrong I want us to send Swindle down in style but seeing all these threads saying how easy it's going to be makes me slightly uneasy........this is Bristol City we support.....the masters of dashing our hopes!!! Lets hope that the mega-optimists are right!!!! CTID

It won't be easy especially if City don't score early.The longer it goes without a goal the more confident Swindon will get and the more edgy City will become.I'd hate it to be 0-0 or 1-1 after 80 mins....that would be nerve racking.

That said,if City score early the a rout could be in order as long as City don't take their foot off the pedal.

Swindon are crap, carrying injuries and they're down already.

If it's not an easy game then that will be because we've made it hard for ourselves and no other reason.

If we play anything like we have over most other games in the second half of the season we will sweep them aside comfortably, and if we get an early goal it could be a rout.

There's no harm in being confident, in this sort of position we should be. The manager and players just need to make sure that the hard work that confidence is based on is present in their performance tomorrow.

This is a different city side to previous sides. Everybody wants to wear the shirt and play for city. We have a manager who has instilled self belief in the players, why the hell shouldn't we be confident for once. This side is one of, if not the best group of players in the league at present and it's about time we started to become optimistic more often rather than think of times gone by. This is a team with passion and commitment and as fans we should do our best to keep that passion in the stands as well. Come on City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swindon will not lay down and die for us!

How did you work that one out? They've been doing it all season...

Even at their place when we were at our absolute crappest, we still outplayed them second half with 10 men.

They've won twice away from home all season and that's how it'll stay.

Get a goal inside the first 20 minutes and we'll score another 2 more. At least.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!

Anyone remember Fulham the year we last went up? Hadn't won all season away from home, where as we had won 9 on the spin at home. Cue Fulham turning into Brazil for 90 minutes and absolutely playing us off the park.

I hope we win on Saturday and I hope GJ is making it clear to the players that its not going to be easy and that there is a fair chunk of pride at stake :pinch:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this!

Anyone remember Fulham the year we last went up? Hadn't won all season away from home, where as we had won 9 on the spin at home. Cue Fulham turning into Brazil for 90 minutes and absolutely playing us off the park.

I hope we win on Saturday and I hope GJ is making it clear to the players that its not going to be easy and that there is a fair chunk of pride at stake :pinch:

Don't worry, we will win and send down the pig towners

Come on, where's the optimism. Positive thoughts only please.

I'm with you all the way Guernsey, and like Linford, I'm using the power of a PMA.

Lets go for the jugular tomorrow and see if we can even get our goal difference a fair bit closer to our play off rivals. If Forest can put seven past the pig farmers, then surely our free scoring team can go at least one better than that!

Archived