IGNORED

The Stewards Trap

The Enormous Turnip

I was sat in the Dolman today and noticed something quite odd...

When the five (nine) minutes of stopage time had ended it seemed the stewards lining the touchline weren't going to let us on the pitch, but then eventually reluctantly let us on.

When a few hundred were on the pitch, the crowd started to chant "get off the pitch!" so everyone who was on started to turn around to go back to the stands.

Then when the fans were on their way off the stewards went for them. I think this caught almost everyone by surprise, not least the fans on the pitch who now had to get past a line of stewards.

I've had a think about it and i had an idea that maybe the stewards let us on so they could frame a few trying to get off. You never know do you... :dunno:

When the five (nine) minutes of stopage time had ended it seemed the stewards lining the touchline weren't going to let us on the pitch, but then eventually reluctantly let us on.

When a few hundred were on the pitch, the crowd started to chant "get off the pitch!" so everyone who was on started to turn around to go back to the stands.

Then when the fans were on their way off the stewards went for them. I think this caught almost everyone by surprise, not least the fans on the pitch who now had to get past a line of stewards.

I've had a think about it and i had an idea that maybe the stewards let us on so they could frame a few trying to get off. You never know do you... :dunno:

was hilarious when the orange steward on the half way line did rugby tackle on one of the fans. funny as.

run run run city

So, how were they 'trying to frame people' who were getting OFF the pitch!!??

One of them escaped from the stewards after being tripped up... although he did have some help from other City fans :)

Yeah that was funny as. He escaped about 6 stewards that tried to trip him up before losing his balance and crashing into the side board. The City fans then dragged him over, pushing the stewards away. he somehow left his shoe on the pitch :laugh:

I guess its a risk you run if you need to get on the pitch, I don't suffer from that need and I don't care if people do suffer from it, but if you could get banned why bother?

Saw some dads running across the pitch with their kids. great example that.

Guest Cary Grant supported City

At least the Stewards and the Club could lighten up for the last game of the season, especially as we are NOT in the Play Off's!!.

Hallowed turf and all that!!.

Not a bad pitch, but not a patch on my Neighbours Lawn, where he actually "manicures" the damn thing with nail scissors!!.

Here's to an enjoyable Summer, and an even more successful campaign next season!!,

:englandsmile4wf::city::englandsmile4wf::farmer:;)

did anyone see the steward get cracked in the head por bloke, but thought it was quite dangerous of them to try and trip him up when he was running of the pitch and they didnt attemp it on anyone else!

From where i was, it apeared the steward did trip him up, and he flew head first into the hoarding.

Struck me as an incredibly reckless and unnecessary thing to do. I wonder what justfication could have been given if he'd broken his neck as a result.

Watching Sky News tonight there have been pictures of traditional good natured end of season pitch invasions all over the country, with no sign of friction with stewards.

Why is it different at City?

From where i was, it apeared the steward did trip him up, and he flew head first into the hoarding.

Struck me as an incredibly reckless and unnecessary thing to do. I wonder what justfication could have been given if he'd broken his neck as a result.

Watching Sky News tonight there have been pictures of traditional good natured end of season pitch invasions all over the country, with no sign of friction with stewards.

Why is it different at City?

I don't think it matters why it is different at City. The fact is that we were asked several times, over the tannoy NOT to go on the pitch, and still some mindless idiots decide to do so. Then they moan when the stewards try to catch them.

I don't think it matters why it is different at City. The fact is that we were asked several times, over the tannoy NOT to go on the pitch, and still some mindless idiots decide to do so. Then they moan when the stewards try to catch them.

they didnt really try did they, just flinged out their legs to try and trip them up, they have to say don't go on the pitch don't they!

I believe the deal was, don't go on the pitch and Gary and the team will come back out to thank the fans, but as most seasons there's always some :( And the whole going on the pitch thing i think it's a general rule at any ground that spectators don't enter the pitch unless it's an emergency. As far as i could see the stewards only stepped in when there was a few stragglers left who had overstayed their welcome

Archived