IGNORED

Dave Cotterill

Ian M

• Admin

I know that the majority of the time you have to take what footballers say in interviews with a small truck-load of salt but from DC's World Interview I got the impression that he was genuinely excited about being a part of a Bristol City promotion challenge under GJ next season.

Considering a lot of people believe he will leave this Summer, I found it strangely re-assuring especially as Lita in particular taught me not to trust footballers at all. :unsure:

I know that the majority of the time you have to take what footballers say in interviews with a small truck-load of salt but from DC's World Interview I got the impression that he was genuinely excited about being a part of a Bristol City promotion challenge under GJ next season.

Considering a lot of people believe he will leave this Summer, I found it strangely re-assuring especially as Lita in particular taught me not to trust footballers at all. :unsure:

I thought exactly the same and it just seemed that he couldn't wait to get going and help get, BCFC in the Championship. Really reassuring and nice to hear :D Let's hope we can hold onto him, Brooker, Fontaine and the people through the middle but to be fair I think the likes of Carey, Russell, Noble etc will stay but we need to make sure of it anyway.

Yeah, let's not forget Lita said he was excited and looking forward to working with and learning from Marcus Stewart before he buggered off...so let's take what DC says with a bit of a pinch of salt - I'm just waiting to buy my Season Ticket before finding out the day after that Brooker and Co have been sold...

Dave Cotterill was awarded the young player of the year award by the Supporters Club yesterday and when collecting his trophy the MC announced that Dave was getting engaged later in the evening.

Poor guy had no idea that we knew and was very embarressed when it was announced.I don't think he heard all the remarks about 'scoring twice'......

• Admin

Yeah, let's not forget Lita said he was excited and looking forward to working with and learning from Marcus Stewart before he buggered off...so let's take what DC says with a bit of a pinch of salt - I'm just waiting to buy my Season Ticket before finding out the day after that Brooker and Co have been sold...

Yeah but Lita never had that "glint in his eyes" ..... :wub:

Out of interest, other than Mr "I'm too big for my boots" McIndoe (who has since done the same to Doncaster), I don't recall many (any?) of Yeovil's better players leaving whilst they were steam-rollering their way through two divisions under Johnson. Their players must have been highly rated for the level they were playing at and once Yeovil reached League Two they wouldn't have been classed as the biggest team and despite players like Way, Jevons & Weale being linked with moves to bigger clubs, none left until after GJ had moved on.

Could it be that players really buy into GJ's philosphies and believe they are part of something special which would help make them want to stay?

Archived