IGNORED

Orr Colour Blind?

mossey

cos he seems to have problems passing to anyone in a red shirt, me thinks he needs to spend the summer working on his passing, he never really looks to see where he is passing , but just kicks it in the general direction of a player, has to be one of the worst passer(?) of a ball at City, and to say he meant that goal the other week, he's having a laugh, he was proberly trying to pass to someone on the far touchline!

If you look at the reasons that City drew yesterday the main one that sticks in my mind was the lack of quality with the final ball.Orr and Woodman both got forward well but several times crosses were too long or simply in the crowd and its no wonder that both Brooker and McCammon had quiet games.

At times Orr looks no more than ordinary and its a compliment to Johnson that he seems to getting the best out of him despite his limitations.

orr has been brilliant this season.

improving all the time.his passing will improve.

look at matthew hill when he played for us.his passing wasn't the

best but look at him now.

I wouldn't say Orr has been 'brilliant'.Steady more like.The fact is that Orr would not have got into the team if Heywood had been fit with Carey moving to right back.

The comparison with Matt Hill is also questionable.Sure, Matt's distribution was diabolical when he first broke into the team but his defending was always very impressive.He was the best full back I can remember at AG for getting to the ball first.His anticipation was top class and he's now holding down a regular place in a Championship side who are in the play-offs and who many fancy to go through.He could be in the Premiership next season.

Orr wouldn't hold down a place in a Championship team imo.

The fact is that Orr would not have got into the team if Heywood had been fit with Carey moving to right back.

Orr has been significantly better at right back than Carey was earlier this season. Seriously, if you think Orr's passing from there is bad then you must have forgotten the exploits of Louis Long Ball. Carey's improved massively since moving back to the centre and there's no reason to change that at all. Had Heywood been fit I seriously doubt he'd have dropped Orr, Heywood would have been on the bench.

Orr's problem is that he tries passes that are too ambitious and the thing that sticks in people's mind are the ones that go spectacularly wrong. Often people forget that Cotterill has gone walkabout and left him without a simple outlet.

Nibor

I wouldn't say Orr has been 'brilliant'.Steady more like.The fact is that Orr would not have got into the team if Heywood had been fit with Carey moving to right back.

The comparison with Matt Hill is also questionable.Sure, Matt's distribution was diabolical when he first broke into the team but his defending was always very impressive.He was the best full back I can remember at AG for getting to the ball first.His anticipation was top class and he's now holding down a regular place in a Championship side who are in the play-offs and who many fancy to go through.He could be in the Premiership next season.

Orr wouldn't hold down a place in a Championship team imo.

Totally agree with you about Matt Hill, one of the best full backs we have had at the club. His pace for a defender and his adaptibility in playing centre half was always to his credit and it was a very sad day for me when he was sold.

As for Orr, he has come on leaps and bounds since Johnson took charge and now he can work on making full back his permanent position. People forget he has only been playing there consistantly for half a season. He has the entire summer to work on the passing side of his game, granted his distribution was poor yesterday but I also think, the same as Craig woodman they suffered from having wingers out of position, not in front of them, and were forced to make rash crosses and misjudged passes. But seein as the goal came from coterill being out of position i won't complain to much. :dance:

• Admin

Orr has been significantly better at right back than Carey was earlier this season. Seriously, if you think Orr's passing from there is bad then you must have forgotten the exploits of Louis Long Ball. Carey's improved massively since moving back to the centre and there's no reason to change that at all. Had Heywood been fit I seriously doubt he'd have dropped Orr, Heywood would have been on the bench.

Orr's problem is that he tries passes that are too ambitious and the thing that sticks in people's mind are the ones that go spectacularly wrong. Often people forget that Cotterill has gone walkabout and left him without a simple outlet.

Nibor

Particularly agree with that last bit. I lost count of the times yesterday when Bradley would be bringing the ball out of defence and I'd scream for someone to make themselves open for him or support him.

I understand that Cotterill's role contains license to roam and in doing so he has actually created some decent opportunities/scored some important goals but if Cotterill is to do this the rest of the side has to be savvy enough when breaking forward to move into positions to give us options both right and left.

Aggy sometimes moves out to the right when Cotts goes inside but it shouldn't be down to him all the time. It should be shared around the forward players which in turn would make us more fluid and a hell of a lot harder to mark against.

Bradley Orr just isn't good enough. FACT

personally i disagree, thats a very harsh statement to make. yeah ok his passin and crossing isnt david beckham style, but hes got a lot of qualitys. hes gets back well, he defends well, he kept alot of opportunitys for swindon quiet yesterday. and as was said earier, hes only had half a season playing at right back. louis took half a season beofre he settled too. You can not say someone isnt good enough just because the passing quality isnt as great as other players in the team mind you bradley isnt the only player on that team that has the odd bad pass. luckily passing is something that can be improved and now he has till next season to do that. I can guarentee you he'll prove you wrong, point is though is are you to stubborn to change your mind. because from what youve said it seems as if your judging him from before he was a right back as you couldnt even say that brad has improved alot since he first came to city. if you are someone that is willing to be prooved wrong then i can guarentee you he will :) (hope he does anyway! :pray: ) xx

cos he seems to have problems passing to anyone in a red shirt, me thinks he needs to spend the summer working on his passing, he never really looks to see where he is passing , but just kicks it in the general direction of a player, has to be one of the worst passer(?) of a ball at City, and to say he meant that goal the other week, he's having a laugh, he was proberly trying to pass to someone on the far touchline!

He is a defender not a mifield player it is not his job to passthe killer ball :blink:

Totally agree with you about Matt Hill, one of the best full backs we have had at the club. His pace for a defender and his adaptibility in playing centre half was always to his credit and it was a very sad day for me when he was sold.

As for Orr, he has come on leaps and bounds since Johnson took charge and now he can work on making full back his permanent position. People forget he has only been playing there consistantly for half a season. He has the entire summer to work on the passing side of his game, granted his distribution was poor yesterday but I also think, the same as Craig woodman they suffered from having wingers out of position, not in front of them, and were forced to make rash crosses and misjudged passes. But seein as the goal came from coterill being out of position i won't complain to much. :dance:

How can u say that, woodman was MOM yesterday he got stuck in with defending and attacked good

Woodman wasnt MOTM, he was poor as were most of the team yesterday. The thing about Orr is he came to the club as a midfielder so u would of thought passing would be a strong point. Both full backs need alot of work in the summer, mostly with distribution, but also scoring. 1 goal each this year, one a cross that went in, the other a penalty. Think back to Barnard, Bell and Brennan, thats the sort of full backs we need IMO.

Woodman wasnt MOTM, he was poor as were most of the team yesterday. The thing about Orr is he came to the club as a midfielder so u would of thought passing would be a strong point. Both full backs need alot of work in the summer, mostly with distribution, but also scoring. 1 goal each this year, one a cross that went in, the other a penalty. Think back to Barnard, Bell and Brennan, thats the sort of full backs we need IMO.

What game were you watching??? He played well, How can u say he needs work on his passing 2, hes 1 on the best passer of the ball, yeah agree he did make a few mistakes yesterday, But all the other games hes been involved with hes been excellent. Also u cant judge him on half a season, remember hes only just made the LB position his, you wait next season he will have more goals... And not just penalty's

if you looker at chopper and orr they both read the game and have good positional sense. everyone admits bradley distribution can be for terms inconsisent but this is league one. comparing orr to hill to an extent i agree but the bloke who said bout full backs scoring goals. barnard and bell were mainly free kicks and penalties. as for jim he became an outlet to when murray hit 26 goals. so the team knew he was going to make those runs.

most improved players orr and chopper without question.

if you looker at chopper and orr they both read the game and have good positional sense. everyone admits bradley distribution can be for terms inconsisent but this is league one. comparing orr to hill to an extent i agree but the bloke who said bout full backs scoring goals. barnard and bell were mainly free kicks and penalties. as for jim he became an outlet to when murray hit 26 goals. so the team knew he was going to make those runs.

most improved players orr and chopper without question.

Who do you call Chopper??? :dunno: And y?

Agree Bradley needs 2 work on his distirution but 2 say woodman needs 2 is a bit harsh don't you think, he miss passes in 1 game and now (Him above) states he needs alot of improving when passing

Who do you call Chopper??? :dunno: And y?

Agree Bradley needs 2 work on his distirution but 2 say woodman needs 2 is a bit harsh don't you think, he miss passes in 1 game and now (Him above) states he needs alot of improving when passing

A Woodman uses a chopper...... :doh:

What game were you watching??? He played well, How can u say he needs work on his passing 2, hes 1 on the best passer of the ball, yeah agree he did make a few mistakes yesterday, But all the other games hes been involved with hes been excellent. Also u cant judge him on half a season, remember hes only just made the LB position his, you wait next season he will have more goals... And not just penalty's

I was watchin City vs Swindon, He was average on saturday. I'm not judging him on half a season, ive been a season ticket holder for about 10 years so i've seen alot of him. To be fair he has improved alot but he's still not championship standard. To say he is one of the best passer's is rediculous!!! His distribution is his big weakness, which i'm sure he will improve with good coaching. I love seeing young players come through and make an impact in the first team, just havent seen it from woodman yet but hopefully next season he and others will go from strengh to strengh!

Bradley my boy,

Practice makes perfect, Cantona, Beckham, Lampard and Ferdinand all used to spend another 40 mins to an hour on the training ground practicing those long balls and perfecting the skills that have made them what they are today.

It seems to have helped them.

Archived