IGNORED

So That's That.

Rich-TWSC-

I just wanted to post a message on how much I enjoyed the game yesterday.

Yes, yes we were relegated but everything you can throw at me on OTIB is irrelevent because I felt both Swindon players and fans gave a very good account for ourselves and I'm very proud to be Swindon fan.

Everyone knew that realistically we were down before the fixture and in your current form we could have got absolutely spanked (I for one expected/feared it), we gave City a fight (on the pitch) ands that's all I wanted from the fixture.

City were the best organised and dictated much of the play... But that's same-old-Swindon really. I think you're a few signings away from having a promotion side... You relied a bit too much on Brooker and Cotterill improves everytime I see him play. (good luck keeping hold of him by the way)

In the two years I've been on OTIB the 2 times we've been to Ashton Gate the arguments have been always "Swindons fans made no noise", "City fans made no noise" blah blah blah... I know for a fact that Swindon fans hardly stopped singing yesterday, I was in that crowd therefore I should know. I was expecting full abuse for 90 minutes but only heard it to the level I expected in the 2 or 3 minutes after Cotterill's well taken goal

Anyway, it was a nail biting match that was a pleasure to watch... Both teams had a target and both teams failed which is typical.

I was in the Ship & Castle before the game and I know I wasn't in Swindon attire but can I say what a friendly bunch of folk.

This is by no means a thread created for abuse etc... Just after so long on OTIB I would give you my take on what the day.

Rich.

Nice one Rich, hope your not too down after yesterday, at times yesterday Swindon were the better team and I hope you can take heart from that and I know your proud to be "one of them" instead of "one of us"

I'm not gloating as it could so easily have been us earlier in the season.

Stick around on here wont you

:)

That was hardly Le Saux vs. Batty for Blackburn in the mid-90's though was it!

Evans was right to get the guy focused instead of letting the Atyeo get to him.

If that's what you're talking about.

Totally agree mate! If it was Basso and Orr i would of felt the same. Evans i take it will be at Swindle next season and wants league 1 football, and Brown i take it has not, so didnt seem bothered!

That was hardly Le Saux vs. Batty for Blackburn in the mid-90's though was it!

Evans was right to get the guy focused instead of letting the Atyeo get to him.

If that's what you're talking about.

Spot on Rich. Evans was right to do that.

Going back to your original point, I was sat in the Atyeo and I could see you guys singing and dancing all game, I just couldnt hear you, and thats not a slight on your fans, its just the accoustics in the ground aint the best. Best of luck for next season though, you will have half of Bristol cheering you on twice next year!!

For what it worth,Rich - I'm off to the bookies sometime over the summer to put a tenner on Swindon coming straight back up.

I'm hope you stay on otib - it'll be nice to have a report from Accrington Stanley and some point over the season..... :rofl2br:

Hard luck Rich.

I felt Swindon did you proud yesterday and if it wasn't for some poor finishing, eg cureton, i don't think if you had scored again we would have got back in the game.

I clapped both your team, manager and fans as I didn't want you to go down, as after Yeovil we have no real derby games any more which is a shame.

I think if swindon sign a decent defender over the summer and keep players kike Aaron brown (who was fantastic yesterday, showed us what we have missed, ah well his choice to go) and Rhys evans, you should come back to league one pretty soon.

Best wishes to Swindon, Iffy and the fans and hope to play you again soon.

Commiserations Rich. I said several times to my mates during the game that Swindon didn't look like a relegation side, I guess it's a shame that you couldn't play like that more often or you wouldn't be going down. Not many teams have been able to defend against us so effectively lately.

While I am quite pleased you Swindlers went down, Rich, do stick round and burst the bubble of the more errrr pompous on here. occasionally, (I do enjoy you and the other odd erudite fellow swindlers extracting the gypsies out of the less bright element of our fans!)

And I echo my learned friend, do thump the Saggys twice. I don't think you'll be an auto promotion next season, too many deadbeats to shift. Therafter however..................

Look on the bright side youre still going to be a league above Oxford!!

Fair play Rich, thats a crap league your off to, reckon u will come straight back up, and please beat the Gas twice for us.

PS bit of a rumour down here that Iffy out and Holloway in, any truth :dunno:

Tell u what would do a cracking job for you

Erm... If this Mr. Power lives up for his expectations we'll be fine. I'd settle for mid table right now. Rovers will be a good fixture as will Torquay. I'm looking forward to entering, what is to me, the unknown (opinion subject to change).

The Holloway rumour is circulating the Swindon forums too... It's because he is chummy with Power) ... I'd take him to be honest. But Iffy hasn't done badly in fairness to him.

Erm... If this Mr. Power lives up for his expectations we'll be fine. I'd settle for mid table right now. Rovers will be a good fixture as will Torquay. I'm looking forward to entering, what is to me, the unknown (opinion subject to change).

The Holloway rumour is circulating the Swindon forums too... It's because he is chummy with Power) ... I'd take him to be honest. But Iffy hasn't done badly in fairness to him.

But Holloway is a better manager Rich, and he is dead keen on getting back into management, lives only 30 odd miles from Swindon, and will have some great contacts in the game to push your boys on.

Iffy, well you have to say he was sort of pushed into managing your team,and as proven with Tinnion, it aint always a good thing to have ex players in charge.

Will have to wait and see on that mate.

But Holloway is a better manager Rich, and he is dead keen on getting back into management, lives only 30 odd miles from Swindon, and will have some great contacts in the game to push your boys on.

Iffy, well you have to say he was sort of pushed into managing your team,and as proven with Tinnion, it aint always a good thing to have ex players in charge.

Will have to wait and see on that mate.

I didn't say I didn't want Holloway... I didn't even say I wanted Iffy to stay. :rolleyes:

Power doesn't join the board until mid-May... We'll have to wait and see because I think he will become quite a powerful chap at the club (ho-ho-ho)

Hypothetically if Holloway was appointed, I'd be very happy.

I didn't say I didn't want Holloway... I didn't even say I wanted Iffy to stay. :rolleyes:

Power doesn't join the board until mid-May... We'll have to wait and see because I think he will become quite a poweful chap at the club (ho-ho-ho)

Hypothetically if Holloway was appointed, I'd be very happy.

Yes, and any man chucking a million quid in may have some sort of say........ :whistle:

Archived