IGNORED

Jim Brennan

next_year_I_hope

If I remember, he was a fringe player for ages, had a couple of good games and was then snapped up. Think we did a good deal getting rid of him for the money, would be a mistake dipping back again.

Sorry Shamussy, but we must be remembering a different player. The guy I remember could turn a game on it's head from LEFT BACK! I particularly remember one game where he came on as sub after being away on international duty, I think it was 2-2 when he came on and we won 5-2 he made two and scored one in about 15 minutes. 1.5 million was good business but he was a terrific player.

i agree.

i might have missed it ealier but how old is Brennan now? considering how well older players like David Eyres at oldham and Peter Beagrie at scunnny perform at this level their is nothing to stop someone like Brennan also doing well. he made 16 first team apperences this season (15 of them starts), and although his team has not been amazing this term thats is still a fair bit of football played by him at a higher level very recently.

as i mentioned above i hope we sign at least one defender (or defencive minded midfielder for that matter) with a good few years expereience behind him. look how much russell helped us when he returned to the side. a little bit of the guile only age can bring is essential both on the pitch and the dressing room, just look at tinnion and shaun taylor's key roles for us not too long ago.

He is 29 now , going on 30.

http://www.football.co.uk/southampton/play...nnan_9196.shtml

Guest yateady

brennan aint know better than woody imo. people have slatted woody on here, ive always found him a good left back since he came into the team as a young un, wilson played him on the left of midfield and mucked him up abit i think, woody could be our next big sell if he carrys on like he his, look how many crosses we have scored from his presence. it's probabaly more than murray or cotterill.

Guest Forest for life

Brennan was sensational for us in the play off season a few years ago. It was a crime that we sold him on like many other players Harewood.. etc. Congrats on GJ getting Manager of the Month. I doubt we will be in different divisions next season unless we can conjure some magic tommorow. Our friends Chesterfield won't do us any favours so i suppose Walsall are the main hope with their new manager. Frank Barlow deserves success although i'm not sure our team do after the crap they turned out for most of this season. Oh well theres still that trip to AG to look forward to eh City lads!

City were going to get the young Marlon Harewood (valued at 100k.) in part exchange for Brennan.

Despite being probably the best sale City have ever done, the exchange bit went strangely quiet for a while and 'Marlon Harewood' eventually turned up as John Burns.

Hard to know how City manage it really. :whistle:

brennan aint know better than woody imo. people have slatted woody on here, ive always found him a good left back since he came into the team as a young un, wilson played him on the left of midfield and mucked him up abit i think, woody could be our next big sell if he carrys on like he his, look how many crosses we have scored from his presence. it's probabaly more than murray or cotterill.

I'm sorry but Brennan was a class above Woody. I've never sat back and thought 'boy that Woodman's far too good for this division!'. With Jimbo, it was obvious.

Brennan had fitness, enthusiasm and a cultured left-foot. Injury hasn't helped his progress though.

I'd love to have him back if we can get him fit.

Brennan was good when he was at AG about 6 or 7 season ago.He hasn't exactly set the world alight since which suggests he's not the player he once was.

Why would City want him back?

Cause he has experienced the top flight and was never a knob while he was here

Archived