IGNORED

Jim Brennan

next_year_I_hope

just read that brennan is being released by southampton i know woodman done a good job this year and i would keep him left back but i am sure brennan played left midfield to would be a good shout!

i'd jump at the chance, where did ya read it??

Brennan was good when he was at AG about 6 or 7 season ago.He hasn't exactly set the world alight since which suggests he's not the player he once was.

Why would City want him back?

Is he still a Canadian International??

A la Tommy my heart would love to see him back but my head says no. As Robbored says what has he done since he left us??

Also Championship Wages??

Well he's made 180 odd appearences in the championship/premiership since he left is around thirty and most importantly he's better than what we've got at the moment.

He hasn't exactly set the world alight since which suggests he's not the player he once was.

Well he's played in the Premiership, which on the evidence of last summers signings earns him the right to a ridiculous wage at City and the right to criticise and undermine his manager whilst still retaining the support of a large number of fans for no good reason.

Well he's made 180 odd appearences in the championship/premiership since he left is around thirty and most importantly he's better than what we've got at the moment.

How do we know he's better than what we have? Have you seen him play this season? All players eventually get past their best and maybe the reason the Saints are letting him go is because Brennan is past his 'sell by' date.

How do we know he's better than what we have? Have you seen him play this season? All players eventually get past their best and maybe the reason the Saints are letting him go is because Brennan is past his 'sell by' date.

Stupid post, how do you know he isn't? It's just my opinion.

Saw him play in FA Cup vs Newcastle this season, looked pretty decent still, very comfortable on the ball, nothing outstanding, just decent, probably better than Woodyman, but would prefer Woodman because hes young.

Guest Tian

Marian Pahars has been released too. Wonder if he's a target considering Gary Johnsons latvian connection.

He's a great player when fit.

Brennan was good when he was at AG about 6 or 7 season ago.He hasn't exactly set the world alight since which suggests he's not the player he once was.

ANSWER.

Well,when he was good he was too good for us and therefore played for clubs at a higher level,now that "he's not the player he once was" we are probably a better fit.Very much doubt he will interest G.J. though.

was an excelent player for us just before his move, his match winning performance against blackpool standing out.

although i think its unlikely he would come back, or that GJ will consider it, i think if Johnson is looking to sign 4-5 players as he has said, an experiened full back (particularly a left back) would be an good addition. presently we only have heywood and carey as senior defenders, and if we want to go up we'll need a older head or two in the squad, in my opinion.

was an excelent player for us just before his move, his match winning performance against blackpool standing out.

although i think its unlikely he would come back, or that GJ will consider it, i think if Johnson is looking to sign 4-5 players as he has said, an experiened full back (particularly a left back) would be an good addition. presently we only have heywood and carey as senior defenders, and if we want to go up we'll need a older head or two in the squad, in my opinion.

But he could be the left flank midfielder we have been looking for. For Canada plays alot in midfield and makes excellent runs down the left wing. He is known for his crosses and his run into the left at the top of the box.

just read that brennan is being released by southampton i know woodman done a good job this year and i would keep him left back but i am sure brennan played left midfield to would be a good shout!

He's a bit old int he? And not sure if Dot would let him move to Bristol, he's lived in Albert Square all his life.

Previous performance is no guarantee of future performance!

If we want our club to be in the championship then surely we should be signing players now who are good enough not only to get us out of league 1 but keep us in the championship in 07/08.

Brennan has been released by a very average championship club because he couldn't hack it, why should we feather his retirement nest further by signing him now??

But he could be the left flank midfielder we have been looking for. For Canada plays alot in midfield and makes excellent runs down the left wing. He is known for his crosses and his run into the left at the top of the box.

i agree.

i might have missed it ealier but how old is Brennan now? considering how well older players like David Eyres at oldham and Peter Beagrie at scunnny perform at this level their is nothing to stop someone like Brennan also doing well. he made 16 first team apperences this season (15 of them starts), and although his team has not been amazing this term thats is still a fair bit of football played by him at a higher level very recently.

as i mentioned above i hope we sign at least one defender (or defencive minded midfielder for that matter) with a good few years expereience behind him. look how much russell helped us when he returned to the side. a little bit of the guile only age can bring is essential both on the pitch and the dressing room, just look at tinnion and shaun taylor's key roles for us not too long ago.

Archived