IGNORED

New Defender

bcfcchris2016

over the last few days i have seen people on here saying we are being linked with Central Defenders like Michael Nelson and O'Hanlon in the past and a few other players. But why do we need to sign another defender in the summer. We already have Carey and Fontaine who has been a great link-up in the centre of defence all through the 2nd half of this season. And if we don't sign Fontaine and he stays with Fulham then lets give Keogh a go. From what i seen of him yesterday, he had Shaun Goater in his back pocket all game. He has been good every time i have seen him play this season and i would like to see him play a heck of a lot more games next season if fit. And also (again if fit) Matt Heywood, who although has had an injury-plauged second half to the season i thought was a good centre half when he was playing and he seems like he really wants to succeed at this club, i can see him playing well for us next season. And also James Wilson who seems like a great promise though i won't say a lot more because i have not seen him play before. Thats 5 centre halfs who Johnson can choose from. I would spend my money next season on a goalkeeper (hartlepool bloke, i don't want to say his name, i'll only mess up) and a striker (anyones guess). a few days ago i also would of said a left winger but Jennison Williams looks quite a tidy player and if he has a good pre-season would be happy to see him compete for the left-wing spot with Murray.

Good Luck Next Season City. We're Going Up Next Season :cool:

Competition and cover for places,thats why.

Keogh is very raw and would he be able to perform every week over a very long season.Wilson is also very inexperienced.Carey is first choice and if Fontaine signs he'll be first choice as well.

Heywood is injury prone.I think I read some stats on here saying that he's never played an entire season without missing loads of games.Most managers will tell you that they need two players for every position over a long season.

Nelson is a decent stopper at this level and will probably want to leave H'pool now they've ben relegated

You need to be carefull when you bring in players fort any number of reasons.

It can stop the progess of the six new pros as they don't get opportunities.

If we started next season with Carey, Fontaine,Keogh & Heywood as centre backs with Wilson & Skuse for cover then that would be fine for me.

DON'T FORGET we've still got Partridge for two more years!!

Heywood is injury prone.I think I read some stats on here saying that he's never played an entire season without missing loads of games.

I'm not sure what stats you've read but in the four and a half seasons he was at Swindon Matty Heywood played over 200 games, of which 176 were league games.

Work it out !

Anybody that clocks up an average of 40 games a season can hardly be called injury prone.

Competition and cover for places,thats why.

Keogh is very raw and would he be able to perform every week over a very long season.Wilson is also very inexperienced.Carey is first choice and if Fontaine signs he'll be first choice as well.

Heywood is injury prone.I think I read some stats on here saying that he's never played an entire season without missing loads of games.Most managers will tell you that they need two players for every position over a long season.

Nelson is a decent stopper at this level and will probably want to leave H'pool now they've ben relegated

Heywood injury prone, no. Also if Keogh is raw then why is he able to cope well for us. He went out on loan and GJ more than likely had his scouts watching his progress, otherwise he wouldn't come back and won't feature for City.

I'm not going to speculate because at the end of the day what will it achieve? Gj is a smart man. He knows what hewants and 9 times out of 10 he will get what he wants.

No doubt over the past few weeks he has had scouts casting there eye over possible players.

Alot of players will be leaving, And i'm sure Gj has already decided who he wants to stay and who he wants to , Mainly fringe players will leave, Of the total amount that leaves I expect him to replace half of them with some quality players.

What matters is quality not quantity. And with a tough pre season regime that could be the key.

You need to be carefull when you bring in players fort any number of reasons.

It can stop the progess of the six new pros as they don't get opportunities.

If we started next season with Carey, Fontaine,Keogh & Heywood as centre backs with Wilson & Skuse for cover then that would be fine for me.

DON'T FORGET we've still got Partridge for two more years!!

Yeah i agree with this we don't want loads because the youth wont get a look in.

Yeah i agree with this we don't want loads because the youth wont get a look in.

Its all about having a balance.Putting out a side which is top heavy with inexperienced players will usually lead to defeat.

A mixture of experience and youth is what most managers go for.Maybe 7 or 8 experienced players with 3 or 4 younger guys.

The Mickey Mouse Cup can sometimes be used to introduce young lads but with points at stake the league is not always the place.

I'm not sure what stats you've read but in the four and a half seasons he was at Swindon Matty Heywood played over 200 games, of which 176 were league games.

Work it out !

Anybody that clocks up an average of 40 games a season can hardly be called injury prone.

Over his career he averages about 23 games a season and that's exactly what's happened this season with two extended spells of injury.He hasn't played since Fontaine replaced him at S****horpe in Feb!

If we were to sign Nelson from Hartlepool then I wouldn't want to sign Fontaine as well.

I think we will sign Fontaine and will use our cash to strengthen in other areas such as wide left and strikers.

Over his career he averages about 23 games a season and that's exactly what's happened this season with two extended spells of injury.He hasn't played since Fontaine replaced him at S****horpe in Feb!

If we were to sign Nelson from Hartlepool then I wouldn't want to sign Fontaine as well.

I think we will sign Fontaine and will use our cash to strengthen in other areas such as wide left and strikers.

As I pointed out to you last time you posted this meaningless statistic, he was not a first team choice at Burnley. He made his debut in the 98/99 season and played 11 games during an injury crisis when he was very young. He was not selected in the first team for Burnley in 99/00 or 00/01 - nothing to do with injury.

He joined Swindon in January 2001 and played over 40 games a season for them for four and a half seasons.

Please stop perpetuating this myth that he's injury prone.

Archived