IGNORED

Rovers Fan Official Comment

DolmanDudess

Guest Ron

Every club has these idiots

The 14,000 City fans at Ashton Gate last weekend didn't go anywhere near the Swindon fans, and they're are closest rivals in the league. We can't have many then :dance:

The 14,000 City fans at Ashton Gate last weekend didn't go anywhere near the Swindon fans, and they're are closest rivals in the league. We can't have many then :dance:

I'm sure we have a fair few about the place to be honest Ron but as that chappy said they arent real fans so probably didnt attend the game, just like waiting around for any sign of trouble!!

I am the Macclesfield Town fan from Bristol!

It's a long story but some of what Robin72 said was along the right lines only it was on the way back from a game at Wigan not Blackpool that it started as a joke but for some reason has stuck with us.

I now have an 18 month old son which means I can't go to as many games as I would like but have been down the Gate 4 times this season. I also get to see Macc at all the local games.

What happened yesterday ruined what was a good win and a good day out. It was a totally unprovoked attack on supporters who just wanted to celebrate staying up with the players. It was more than a few coins and also stones.

No real football fan should have to go through that - lets hope they all get banned. :dance:

It's a long story but some of what Robin72 said was along the right lines only it was on the way back from a game at Wigan not Blackpool that it started as a joke but for some reason has stuck with us.

I now have an 18 month old son which means I can't go to as many games as I would like but have been down the Gate 4 times this season. I also get to see Macc at all the local games.

What happened yesterday ruined what was a good win and a good day out. It was a totally unprovoked attack on supporters who just wanted to celebrate staying up with the players. It was more than a few coins and also stones.

No real football fan should have to go through that - lets hope they all get banned. :dance:

Really sorry to hear of your ordeal yesterday. I do hope they will be banned as real football fans don't act like animals most of the time.

I'm glad you won :D

Guest Ron

Or better still, they could give them Season Tickets at Swindon next season :ph34r:

I'm suprised you paid to go in the mem again after the incident when we were incited by the rovers player! SOme things never change eh first players now fans. Like you said spoils it for the real supporters. Nice to hear you go down the gate still though. :)

I'd like to apologise on behalf of all the real Bristol Rovers fans. What some ####s did yesterday was inexcusable and I hope that the scum get banned for life.

The stewards are obviously not so hap handed as they are at the gate. :angry:

More surprising still as many of the Stewards at Ashton Gate work at the Rovers ground too.

Do they operate under different instructions at the gas? It's impossible to imagine a similar unruly mob of City fans confronting the away supporters like that, let alone throwing things, with so little evidence of the stewards trying to heftily pick off and ground the ringleaders.

Still we'll see what the EP has to say about it when one of those pictures appears prominently on the front page tomorrow.

I'm sure the Editorial will be bristlingly damning in their unbounded castigation of what they can only descibe in future as 'The Former Family Club'. :whistle:

I would just like to say, if you look at picture 3, to the lefthand side of the picture there seems to be a headless footballer running towards the camera (and no, its not Bas!!).

Wierd!!!!

Now THAT is funny :laugh:

I would just like to say, if you look at picture 3, to the lefthand side of the picture there seems to be a headless footballer running towards the camera (and no, its not Bas!!).

Wierd!!!!

I saw that too, it's really scary. :w00t: The man has no head and no arms.

I think it's a Macclesfield player though without his head it's hard to positively identify him. Then again, with his head I still wouldn't recognise him. :rolleyes:

He's obviously wearing a Macc strip but it is possible that he's a Rover's player who's swapped shirts at the end of the game and then taken his head off to go and goad the Macc supporters.

It's disgraceful what these Gasheads get up to.

More surprising still as many of the Stewards at Ashton Gate work at the Rovers ground too.

Do they operate under different instructions at the gas? It's impossible to imagine a similar unruly mob of City fans confronting the away supporters like that, let alone throwing things, with so little evidence of the stewards trying to heftily pick off and ground the ringleaders.

Still we'll see what the EP has to say about it when one of those pictures appears prominently on the front page tomorrow.

I'm sure the Editorial will be bristlingly damning in their unbounded castigation of what they can only descibe in future as 'The Former Family Club'. :whistle:

Looking at the pictures, the "thugs" appear to be women and kids of around 15 or 16 years old - surely the stewards could have dealt with this, its not as if they were all big burly geezers! Stewards should have rang the bell for end of play time if you ask me :disapointed2se:

Guest DrFaustus

He's obviously wearing a Macc strip but it is possible that he's a Rover's player who's swapped shirts at the end of the game and then taken his head off to go and goad the Macc supporters.

It's disgraceful what these Gasheads get up to.

Have to agree Chivs. Decapitation, even if it is self-decapitation (auto-decapitation?) is really bending the rules and should be met with a booking for ungentlemanly conduct.

Have to agree Chivs. Decapitation, even if it is self-decapitation (auto-decapitation?) is really bending the rules and should be met with a booking for ungentlemanly conduct.

Why ? It's only a scratch !

Guest DrFaustus

Careful Doc, I'm so tough that when I go to the beach I kick sand in my own face

Ha ha :)

Be careful Tone, I follow a club which has arseholes following it who throw lighters at goalkeepers and coins at women and children. Big brave tough lads one and all.

Ha ha :)

Be careful Tone, I follow a club which has arseholes following it who throw lighters at goalkeepers and coins at women and children. Big brave tough lads one and all.

Every club has them. No club wants them.

You raise an interesting point here, DrF. Is self-decapitation really ungentlemanly conduct? After all, you're hardly likely to gain an advantage by removing your own head (there's a cheap joke here about Sagheads but I'm not going to go there :) ).

Nevertheless, I expect the referee would be justified to ask the player to leave the field of play due to the "blood injury" rule.

Guest DrFaustus

You raise an interesting point here, DrF. Is self-decapitation really ungentlemanly conduct? After all, you're hardly likely to gain an advantage by removing your own head (there's a cheap joke here about Sagheads but I'm not going to go there :) ).

Nevertheless, I expect the referee would be justified to ask the player to leave the field of play due to the "blood injury" rule.

It could be argued that removal of your own head could offend delicate sensibilities, or could upset gentle stomachs.

In the spirit of compromise, maybe a 'sin-bin'- could be introduced for this sort of action? Other sin-binnable offences could include banging one out on the touchline, mooning at the ref and not putting your hand to your mouth when coughing.

It could be argued that removal of your own head could offend delicate sensibilities, or could upset gentle stomachs.

In the spirit of compromise, maybe a 'sin-bin'- could be introduced for this sort of action? Other sin-binnable offences could include banging one out on the touchline, mooning at the ref and not putting your hand to your mouth when coughing.

Sky Sports "sin bin cam" would make interesting viewing

I disagree. Imagine when a high corner is whipped in, a player could throw his head up into the air and score a goal.

Totally unfair in my opinion.

Guest DrFaustus

I disagree. Imagine when a high corner is whipped in, a player could throw his head up into the air and score a goal.

Totally unfair in my opinion.

The FA are cunningly vague on this issue. Nowhere in the rules of football does it say that the removal and subsequent throwing of a head, be it yours or that of an opponent, is illegal. I think they're waiting for a legal challenge before passing the buck to FIFA.

I'd say its a bit harsh to dish out the same punishment to someone who doesnt cover their mouth whilst coughing... as you would to somone who is banging one out on the touchline... coughing without covering your mouth is disgusting. :)

I'd say its a bit harsh to dish out the same punishment to someone who doesnt cover their mouth whilst coughing... as you would to somone who is banging one out on the touchline... coughing without covering your mouth is disgusting. :)

You're quite right, coughing without covering your mouth is disgusting, especially when you've got your head tucked up under your arm.

Wierd!!!!

Thought I would let you know the player in question is the Silkmens Paul Harsley and yes I agree its very funny! I was hoping to get his shirt until the inbreds put a stop to that! :@

Thought I would let you know the player in question is the Silkmens Paul Harsley and yes I agree its very funny! I was hoping to get his shirt until the inbreds put a stop to that! :@

How can he get a game without a head (and possibly only one arm)? :dunno:

Saying that, even without a head and arm, he's better than what our neighbours have got :laugh:

Archived