IGNORED

Fixture Release Date

tin

Just wondering if anyone knew for sure the date when the fixtures come out? I know it's sometime in June.

My bet is Northampton away on the opening day...

I'd be amazed if its away from home. Isn't the Ashton Ballon festival during the second weekend of fixtures. We'll be away then.

I'd settle for Leyton Orient at home!!

Millwall or Forest at home.

A defeat would stem some of the usual rabid expectation without killing the team's confidence since these will likely be favoured sides.

A win would mark an excellent start to the season.

A big crowd with a superb atmosphere would be guaranteed.

What... revenge for the play off final we gifted them by playing cr*p?

Talking to a Brighton friend of mine, said they always get a club beginning with a B away from home on the opening day. So that's us, Bradford, Barnsley or Brentford (if they stay down), Bournemout or Blackpool then for them then...

Millwall or Forest at home.

A defeat would stem some of the usual rabid expectation without killing the team's confidence since these will likely be favoured sides.

A win would mark an excellent start to the season.

A big crowd with a superb atmosphere would be guaranteed.

I'll go wi that, unless Wycombe come up, we need to beat them fer once!!!

Surely we've got to be away this time as we've been at home for the past five years or so..? I remember the sags kicking up a fuss about it after their fifth successive away opener last year. :laugh:

Brighton either home or away would be perfect for me. The lads should be really fired up for that one.

Does anyone know when the new season starts by the way? Is it the 5th or 12th of August?

Surely we've got to be away this time as we've been at home for the past five years or so..? I remember the sags kicking up a fuss about it after their fifth successive away opener last year. :laugh:

Nope, balloon fiesta the following week pretty much every year.

The baloon festival usually sees us home on the Sat but away on the BH Monday. With the season starting on Sat 6th(?) August, that Monday could be the 5th or possibly 6th game of the season.

As for my choices of opening fixture; Home to someone who we are expected to struggle against so that we gain a psychological boost. :pray:

Looking further forward; 1st round League Cup, LDV (what ever it might be called) and FA Cup who wants who for those tournos? :dunno:

Irrespective of competition, I'd settle for the gas, Barnet and Posh away. The gas & Barnet to settle old scores :pray: and Posh as it's handy for me. :) Then a home tie in each second round. :)

We (Brighton) always start away from home. We're not allowed to play at home because it clashes with Pride. :doh:

Opening game of 72/73 season Brighton v Bristol City a 1-1 draw.

Of course in those days <those people> were not referred to as "gays" but "queers" and such a parade / festival would not have been tolerated by the authorities.

Archived