IGNORED

Wilkshire Not Offered Deal

eric04

i think this is a terrible mistake letting wilkshire go, imo he is one of the best players at the club and could play at a much higher level.

good luck in the future and hope you have great world cup.

It's about value for money. City pay him a lot. Pound for pound, do they get it back? He's a good player but too expensive for L1 based on what he does and how much he's paid.

i think this is a terrible mistake letting wilkshire go, imo he is one of the best players at the club and could play at a much higher level.

good luck in the future and hope you have great world cup.

Great player, however coming from a Premiership club I imagine he is one of our high earners, if picked for Australia next season he will miss a large part of next season, an expense I feel we can manage without.

I've no doubt that Johnson can see the quality that Wilkshire has as a player and if he were British or at least European City might be offering him a deal.

What Johnson has to consider is that Wilkshire will probably be away for at least 10 games next season with his International call ups several of which will mean travelling across the world.Is that the kind of arrangement that suits BCFC?

Johnson obviously thinks not.

not sure we'll miss Wilkshire he blows hot and cold, i'd rather have scotty brown in the side :)

I think the World Cup may have inflatted Wilkshires Ego a tad, if he really belives his own hype and i expect he's been given oh such wise advice by freinds/family/ thick Aussie teammates etc... then they'll be all like... "Hey Luke, WTF man, why are you playing in cruddy League 1 when your off to the world Cup?, you really need to sort you life out!"

and then he'll be like "Hey yeah man, i should be playing in Champions league for a Milan or somthing, Bah i've waisted my time at City i need to play at a level befitting my ability, i know, i'll demand to be listed and wait for Sevilla to come in for me" .... Oh wait Luke, you did get listed and noone came in for you, why? becuase your an average League 1 player, thats why.

I just don't think we can afford the luxury of a player who won't be available for a number of games. :dunno:

Clearly GJ feels the considerable wages can be better spent elsewhere. In central midfield we already have Noble, Russell, Skuse and Scott Brown. With Cotterill, Murray, Williams on the flanks.

If the cash goes towards a top forward i won't be complaining too much.

Thanks though Luke... you did provide some quality moments.

Good footballer going forward, good professional but weak defensively and away from home, massive wages + misses at least quarter of the season.

I expect if he isn't flooded with offers GJ will end up offering him a vastly reduced deal.

Pity to lose him but far from the end of the world if he doesn't stay.

I think the World Cup may have inflatted Wilkshires Ego a tad, if he really belives his own hype and i expect he's been given oh such wise advice by freinds/family/ thick Aussie teammates etc... then they'll be all like... "Hey Luke, WTF man, why are you playing in cruddy League 1 when your off to the world Cup?, you really need to sort you life out!"

and then he'll be like "Hey yeah man, i should be playing in Champions league for a Milan or somthing, Bah i've waisted my time at City i need to play at a level befitting my ability, i know, i'll demand to be listed and wait for Sevilla to come in for me" .... Oh wait Luke, you did get listed and noone came in for you, why? becuase your an average League 1 player, thats why.

Luke is far too good for 'cruddy League 1'. He doesn't need his mates to tell him that.

If he stays in England, then he'll be off to a championship club, otherwise it'll be the continent.

Archived