IGNORED

New Signings/Transfer Targets

Big Red Rich

Peter Thompson of Linfield finished the season scoring 50 goals after scoring two in the Irish cup final on Saturday. Now it is rumoured that a number of championship clubs are looking at him and even two Premiership clubs!

At 21, this guy is one for the future and I can't believe City have not renewed their interest in this prolific striker!!!

We need three new strikers, make him one of them!!!!

Peter

Being old doesn't mean they can't be good but being old doesn't mean a keeper is good. There are plenty of old crap keepers. Every keeper you mention above was as good at 30 as they were at 37 if not better IMO.

They might bring experience but they also bring lower agility, increased injury proneness and usually higher wages.

I'd rather have a decent keeper with 5-10 years in front of him who's still improving than someone who was once a very good keeper with 1 or 2 years left who's in decline.

Good points but I think you could easily argue both of our opinions. Anyhow, NV isnt and wasnt anywhere near the calibre of keepers I have mentioned and maybe we should move on from this. However, I stick by my second suggestion of Paul Gerrard. Whats Les Pogliacomi doing these days?

Former Oldham, Everton and England U'21 goalkeeper.

Once touted as a future England goalkeeper but ended up in the Everton graveyard of goalkeepers that has gobbled up Steve Simonsen and now Richard Wright it seems.

As I have mentioned elsewhere on this forum, I think he would be an excellent signing.

Could be an excellent signing - not sure about wages though. Having said that though I can't imagine that Forest who are now in the same league as us are paying stupid money still......

Him and Evans from Swindon?

i think that city should look at young talents for next season i think that we should scout around Ireland for some new talents i am not sure we will sign reddy but I'm sure we will get jevons what positions do you lot think we should look at getting and who ??

I think Rhys Evans and Jason Brown are both excellent shouts.

Playing in poor teams they picked up their respective player of the year awards. Both are young enough and have a decent pedigree.

Guest Ron

I can't see them getting promoted now though.

I'd be happy enough with Reddy and Jevons but I'd prefer to put in a bid for Billy Sharp and find out how much Scunny want first. I reckon he'll be quality in years to come.

A figure of £600k has been touted around this season...I doubt it to be honest, he'd probably be ok for the move but having always played up north & with his credentials already I can't see it happening.

Bloke called Van Nisterooy, heard he is having bit of trouble at his club, can't remember the name of it though :whistle:

FCUM?

Hayter has just signed a new contract at Bournemouth so it's highly likely that it won't be him.

why not?! it happens often.

the club don't want to miss out on a price for him and have got him to sign a deal.

its not unlikely and its most definately not highly unlikely.

why not?! it happens often.

the club don't want to miss out on a price for him and have got him to sign a deal.

its not unlikely and its most definately not highly unlikely.

what about wayne andrews crystal palace now a free transfer and jo kuffour torquay also free,both idea squad players i reckon.

Archived