IGNORED

Injury Free Season = Promotion

Martyn Hocking

without wishing to tempt fate, it seems to me we have been very lucky this season on the injury front. We have pretty much everyone available every week to pick from.

Given the slim-line nature of our squad - no real cover for our keeper, one spare defender (Woodman) and no spare strikers with real experience - we are riding our luck, and long may that continue.

However, if we are going to thrive in Div One next season, we have to bring in 4 experienced players in the summer in the following positions:

1. Goalkeeper - cover/competition for Phillips

2. Utility defender with Div 1 experience, who can cover both central defence and full back

3. Creative central midfielder (our number one priority if we are going to score enough goals to survive comfortably)

4. Central striker who can hold the ball up + cover for Peacock.

This lot won't be cheap but we won't enjoy a second injury-free season, and without additional cover, we will struggle.

Agree/disagree?

Well_Red

and I think we need a new center striker but in place of Peacock not as cover
Well youre entitled to your opinion but i guess you dont watch City too often.

Peacock has been playing out of his skin this season and is one of the main reasons for our run. Every challenge he makes with a defender is competitive he works hard at holding the ball up and hes strong in the air.

In fact an ideal foil for a small goalscoring machine to play next to.

1. Goalkeeper - cover/competition for Phillips

2. Utility defender with Div 1 experience, who can cover both central defence and full back

3. Creative central midfielder (our number one priority if we are going to score enough goals to survive comfortably)

4. Central striker who can hold the ball up + cover for Peacock.

1 - Totally agree!

2 - Well we have Clayton Fortune who can play at CB, we also have Burnell who is a right back IMO. and ofcourse amankwah who is due back and can play RB. Bell also. So cover isnt desperately needed. We could easily cover an injury or two. However i respect we may need a quality signing to perhaps replace butler. PERHAPS.

3- Dont agree its our number one priority, as i am happy with Doherty Wilkshire combination, and Tinnion on the bench comming on. I think we may need another right midfielder, as then we have our main two wingers Goodfellow and Brown. Thats only if Roberts doesnt go.

4 - We have so many strikers, Peacock, Miller, Lita, Roberts, Matthews, M Brown that our first job is to give these a fair whack, perhaps leave buying a striker untill the january transfer window. I dont want another striker who can hold the ball up, i think we need a poacher who will put in the tap ins, someone we havent quite got in five of our strikers, and whom Lita we have but doesnt seem ready according to some peeps.

It about cover at the end of the day and City have cover in all positions but goalkeeper.

There are several options in defence with Woodman,Fortune,Bell not getting regular starts.In midfield there is ample cover and up front Lita,Roberts and Goodfellow can all play as striker if needed.

Not ideal, but better than most of our rivals except QPR.

Archived