IGNORED

Izale Mcleod....

GeoTheCiderHead

So the times come when we are all speculating about who GJ is going to sign. And I think to myself that we should try raiding some of the relegated clubs assets. One team who have been relegated from League 1 is obviously Milton Keynes Dons. Their prized asset as everyone knows is Izale McLeod. Just wondering if anyone thought that if we tried to sign him (here's hoping!)....would he sign for us or would he want to play at a higher level??

So the times come when we are all speculating about who GJ is going to sign. And I think to myself that we should try raiding some of the relegated clubs assets. One team who have been relegated from League 1 is obviously Milton Keynes Dons. Their prized asset as everyone knows is Izale McLeod. Just wondering if anyone thought that if we tried to sign him (here's hoping!)....would he sign for us or would he want to play at a higher level??

unfortunately i think we could not afford him, and if we could, then so would a lot of other clubs.

i think he is heading for the championship with wolves

If you've got a million quid in the bank please write to Mr S Lansdown, C/O Bristol City Football Club, Ashton Gate, BS3 quoting the 16 digit number on your debit card, the expiry date and the three digit security code on the back!!!

Some MK Dons fan rang up 606 the other day and said how he was one of the most hated players there?!?! this bloke said he couldn't pass, could'nt head the ball, had a shocking first touch and just scored tap ins. To be honest I can't remember him scoring too many memorable goals against us or evena memorable performance

I think thats a NO then.

And take it from me, whilst he has pace, he is not what we need.

Wolves will buy him, and then realise they have made a big mistake. If we have a bit of money to spare, a much much better buy from them would be Lewington.

Second that.

He's all pace and no trousers. There are several vastly better strikers in the lower leagues who will go further.

Lewington would be a smarter steal from Dons though I think he'll be off to the Championship.

I'd rather buy Sharp, Keogh or Hawley.

Second that.

He's all pace and no trousers. There are several vastly better strikers in the lower leagues who will go further.

Lewington would be a smarter steal from Dons though I think he'll be off to the Championship.

I'd rather buy Sharp, Keogh or Hawley.

I'd vote for Rikkie Lambert of Rochdale personally, 6'2" 12st 10lbs, can score (21 this season) got a good first touch, can pass, score from free kicks, pretty much do it all. Converted midfielder and playmaker so will know how to split defences open when he isn't scoring.

For a 'fox in the box' type I'd get Chris Greenacre from Tranmere.

If we signed those two I'd even accept Brooker going, for the right money of course.

However, we've got two hopes in signing those players, no hope and Bob Hope.

I still say it will be Jevons and Reddy... although I heard today Southend are ready to pounce for Jevons..

i think jevons is a done deal but i could be wrong, ( he's bought a flat in bristol, work with gj before, my mate's mum knows this geezer who's uncle no's this guy.)

Really???

You dug up an 8 month old thread because someone put a compendium of his goals on youtube? Find a hobby!

Some of the goals are good, some are tap-ins, some are deflections - plenty are just standard finishes. He's decent but he's not particularly special, just quick - he's looked better since stepping down a level I'll admit.

But he's rated at over a million quid and there's still much better value for money to be had, and indeed any of the three players I mentioned in that post would have been cheaper and better buys at the time.

You dug up an 8 month old thread because someone put a compendium of his goals on youtube? Find a hobby!

Some of the goals are good, some are tap-ins, some are deflections - plenty are just standard finishes. He's decent but he's not particularly special, just quick - he's looked better since stepping down a level I'll admit.

But he's rated at over a million quid and there's still much better value for money to be had, and indeed any of the three players I mentioned in that post would have been cheaper and better buys at the time.

Dude...... get over yourself. If it makes you sleep any better, I spent seconds finding this topic rather than unnecessarily creating a new topic. I decided to post the link as his name had come up a lot recently and I thought it might interest some.

I'd vote for Rikkie Lambert of Rochdale personally, 6'2" 12st 10lbs, can score (21 this season) got a good first touch, can pass, score from free kicks, pretty much do it all. Converted midfielder and playmaker so will know how to split defences open when he isn't scoring.

Eh? Isn't Rickie Lambert a gashead? I'm sure that's what they spent their Agogo money on. I doubt very much that the gas have a player with "a good first touch, can pass, score from free kicks" et al. And I'm pretty certain they don't have anyone who can score 21 goals a season. If they did I don't think we should be lining their pockets anyway.

Eh? Isn't Rickie Lambert a gashead? I'm sure that's what they spent their Agogo money on. I doubt very much that the gas have a player with "a good first touch, can pass, score from free kicks" et al. And I'm pretty certain they don't have anyone who can score 21 goals a season. If they did I don't think we should be lining their pockets anyway.

Check date of original post (May) :)

Archived