IGNORED

You Personal Choices

BristolCity1992

Chose the best players for YOUR club this season.....

Best Goalkeeper - Hard to pick one to be honest, niether has been that good but I guess the vote should go to Basso, just for his comical moments and the way he celebrates after a game.

Best Defender - Louis Carey - At the start of the season he was gash, a number of times I wished we just got rid of him and I was not quite in my contemt for the defender but since Christmas he has been outstanding and is one of the main reasons why we saw the turn around we did.

Best Midfielder - Cottriel can never spell his name right but at times he has showen great pices of skill and has chipped in with a few goals to.

Best Attacker - Brooker - Club captain and has scored many goals for us defently would be lost with out him.

Best newcomer - Russell or Noble, probably the first one, when he first came back from injury he was off pace but slowly got fitter and his performences have been top notch at times.

Most loyal and spirited player - Scott Murray - Another player that I gave stick in the early part of the season, but he is always smiling and is a great team player.

Best goal - Cotty V Huddersfield

Overall best player of the season - Brooker

Best Goalkeeper: Basso, no doubt. Phillips has made too many howlers this season.

Best Defender: Carey, but honourable mentions to Orr and Woodman for their vast improvements.

Best Midfielder: Noble, solid, dependable and provides assists. Cotterill mixes the good with the bad too much at the moment. Once he learns to be consistent he will be quality.

Best Attacker: Brooker, obviously! No one has come near him in terms of ability or workrate.

Best Newcomer: Noble, again.

Most loyal and spirited player: Bradley Orr, legend.

Best goal: Cotterill v Huddersfield. Don't think anything else comes close.

Overall best player: Brooker.

And a few more:

Best youngster: Got to be Skuse for me, started off lacking confidence but has grown and grown.

Best game: Walsall away, just for the fact that we seemingly had nothing to play for, yet had about half the crowd in attendance and won with a great display.

Worst game: Swansea away, but probably best all around that it happened.

Sweetest moment: Swansea home, revenge.

Best Goalkeeper: Basso without doubt, maybe slighlty irrational at times, but has still made some fantastic saves and kept good control of his area in both catching and positioning. Needs to improve his kicking.

Best Defender: Really between Carey and Fontaine, but tbh the change in Carey has been astonishing. He has been left as one of the best players and most consistent players we have had and deserves nothing but credit for his performances.

Best Midfielder: Tough one really, I'm going to say Noble. Taking nothing away from Russell, Noble seems to have more of an impact with his passing and set pieces. His distribution is good and attitude first class.

Best Striker: Only one man, of course its Brooker. Gives his all everytime, strong, quite quick, great finisher and a great captain. A credit to the club, we must do everything to keep him here!

Best Newcomer: As I have already said Noble, i'm going to go for Fontaine. Stong, quick, good passer (pass to brooker vs gillingham was sublime), hope we can keep him, even if its on loan for another year if he signs a new contract.

Overall Best Player: Got to be Brooker

Best Goal: I agree Cotts against Huddersfield was very good, but I think Wilkshires free kick against Brentford is a contender.

Best Youngster: Umm I'm going to go for Coterill, not always consistent, but when he gets a settled position he will get better and better.

Best Game: Got to be Swansea at home, only one nil but we showed them that the 'new' bristol city can beat anyone on their day.

Worst Game: I didn't go to Swansea so for me its got to be the 4-2 loss to Chesterfield, Only bright spark was that we all kept singing, which i think lended to our change in form.

Sweetest moment: Bas scoring his first ever goal and his break dance. You may have left Bas but never forgotten.

Keeper - No selection. Phillips had a shaky start, Basso had a shaky middle and end.

Defender - Carey

Midfielder - Russell

Forward - Bas.... Sorry, I mean Brooker (Who else could it be?)

Worst player - Joint award, Youga and Bas

Most pointless signings - Grant, Green, Bas, Abbey, Joseph, Youga, Smith G, Stewart, Bridges, Quinn, Andrew, Partridge

Most pointless offer of a contract - Smith J

Daftest release of players - Gillespie, Bridges

Decent Loan Signings - Fontaine and Noble

Realisation that promotion is beyond us - Drawing at home to Swindon and seeing Bas as the only attacking option on the bench!

Best decision - Missing the opening game and going to Edgbaston for the Test

Funniest Posts - Those who were genuinely surprised that Basso had not made the Brazil squad!

Best Goalkeeper: Basso, no doubt. Phillips has made too many howlers this season.

Best Defender: Carey, but honourable mentions to Orr and Woodman for their vast improvements.

Best Midfielder: Noble, solid, dependable and provides assists. Cotterill mixes the good with the bad too much at the moment. Once he learns to be consistent he will be quality.

Best Attacker: Brooker, obviously! No one has come near him in terms of ability or workrate.

Best Newcomer: Noble, again.

Most loyal and spirited player: Bradley Orr, legend.

Best goal: Cotterill v Huddersfield. Don't think anything else comes close.

Overall best player: Brooker.

And a few more:

Best youngster: Got to be Skuse for me, started off lacking confidence but has grown and grown.

Best game: Walsall away, just for the fact that we seemingly had nothing to play for, yet had about half the crowd in attendance and won with a great display.

Worst game: Swansea away, but probably best all around that it happened.

Sweetest moment: Swansea home, revenge.

no point in me typing all that out again, i agree with everything you've writ.

GK - Basso - I'd prefer Phillips (attitude aside) but he did okay.

Def. - Carey - no brainer, showed how to react to a hand grenade!

Mid - Cotts - my daughter fancies him rotten!!!!

Stiker - Brooker - A class apart.

New - Fontaine

Goal - Too cideredup to remember any!

Loyal - Baz - if any of us had the chance I doubt we'd try any harder, shame he wasn't good enough.

Player - Brooker. Brooker. Brooker. Brooker. Brooker and Brooker.

Archived