IGNORED

Luke Wilkshire

RedM

Played for about 30 mins. Aussies won 1-0. Luke didn't score but had one good chance which went wide and took out the camera!

About 90,000 people in the stadium. They said 'wilkshire settled well into the midfield and didn't look out of his depth'. Mentioned Bristol city a couple of times too. :)

Again a huge crowd, last two games 90,000+ for a friendly, and 82,000 against Uraguay. Luke should feel comfortable, he's already played in the Olympics and used to the crowds.

There was a rumour in Australia about him returning downunder where he can earn more money in front of bigger crowds, however before I give that consideration, where is his girlfriend from ?

where is his girlfriend from ?

Not sure, but I remember him either arriving here with a baby/child or him becoming a father shortly after??? (I remember thinking he only looked about 14 himself!) :D

He seems a really lovely bloke, met him at the open day and was so nice. :wub:

I don't think many/any of the Aussie players play 'at home', but it seems there is a huge interest in football as a sport over there now so in a few years that looks to change. They want to bid for the asian cup and the world cup in a few years.

I can't blame him for going where the money is, having a good career and then retiring back home for a good life. (I've been watching too many of those relocation tv programmes, there seems to be so many of them featuring Australia at the moment, it looks tempting!).

just got back from the game and i was really impressed with luke's effort.

guus is playing a 4-2-3-1.

the two being two defensive midfielders so if he keeps with that formation throughout the world cup then fingers crossed luke will get some game time.

Not sure, but I remember him either arriving here with a baby/child or him becoming a father shortly after??? (I remember thinking he only looked about 14 himself!) :D

He seems a really lovely bloke, met him at the open day and was so nice. :wub:

I don't think many/any of the Aussie players play 'at home', but it seems there is a huge interest in football as a sport over there now so in a few years that looks to change. They want to bid for the asian cup and the world cup in a few years.

I can't blame him for going where the money is, having a good career and then retiring back home for a good life. (I've been watching too many of those relocation tv programmes, there seems to be so many of them featuring Australia at the moment, it looks tempting!).

Australia is great. I am on my travels now and have been in Oz for 6 months, in Cairns now & the Great Barrier Reef. Been funny watching the 'soccer' over here, seeing Dwight Yorke playing for Sydney. The Aussies really think they have a good chance of winning the world cup.

I extremly doubt Luke will come back to oz though, the national team encourages players to play in europe and send all the unattached players across to places like Germany and UK to try and get clubs. Cup finals excluded, the biggest domestic attendances here have been around 18-20 k , so not that great.

Cairns is a dump!

He's said that he wants to stay in England as that's the best place to play, but he lady is also english, so he will probably do a Henry, remember he is under the thumb and stay over here.

yes cairns is a dump.

ever been to port douglas though? an hour up the coast. last time i was there it was full of poms.

yes cairns is a dump.

ever been to port douglas though? an hour up the coast. last time i was there it was full of poms.

We quite like Cairns, luckily we have had good weather while we have been here after there rainny season - so that always influences things. 28oC and sunny as they go into winter - I can think of worse places...

Port Douglas we spent a night in, nice place but too expensive for us!!! Our favourite place in Oz was probably WA and the Ningaloo Reef in Exmouth. Sydney at New Year was amazing but our favourite big city is Melbourne, so relaxed down there and such nice people. Its a different way of life out here - although POME's like us everywhere!

yes cairns is a dump.

cairns used to be a dump but i believe they have spent a lot of money lately to turn it around, havent been since this though.

Port Douglas is a top spot though i must admit.

yes cairns is a dump.

Compared to Western-Super-Mud, Cairns is a paradise, it has real sand, good fishing, and more sunshine in a year than Weston gets in 10. The seagulls are smaller though, and Weston is way ahead with the quality of fishnchips.

I am not being bias here but NEW ZEALAND is a better place that Austraila.

there is a lot more things to do there and the country is fantastic.

better scenery , lush forests , friendly people , less populated.

if i could pack up bristol city and take them over there i would.

then it would be perfect.

Port Douglas we spent a night in, nice place but too expensive for us!!! Our favourite place in Oz was probably WA and the Ningaloo Reef in Exmouth. Sydney at New Year was amazing but our favourite big city is Melbourne, so relaxed down there and such nice people. Its a different way of life out here - although POME's like us everywhere!

You are quite right WA is the best part of Oz. Most young travellers just travel up the gold coast or live in Sydney for 6 months and never venture over to WA or even visit Uluru.

Enjoy it as when you get back you will want to get straight back on the plane and out there again.

Top stuff.

:whistle::dunno:

I am not being bias here but NEW ZEALAND is a better place that Austraila.

there is a lot more things to do there and the country is fantastic.

better scenery , lush forests , friendly people , less populated.

if i could pack up bristol city and take them over there i would.

then it would be perfect.

yeah Oz is really over populated. :dunno:

You are quite right WA is the best part of Oz. Most young travellers just travel up the gold coast or live in Sydney for 6 months and never venture over to WA or even visit Uluru.

Enjoy it as when you get back you will want to get straight back on the plane and out there again.

Top stuff.

the best thing about WA is their is hardly anyone there. I deffinetly want to go back one day. We get back to Bristol in the end of July, and I am not really looking forward to it, however much I love Bristol. I get back in time for the start of the new season though...

Archived