IGNORED

Jamie Mccombe Signs

Redmin

In recent seasons we have failed due to not having good enough cover when injuries occur as they will. I have faith in Gj, He knows the squad better than any of us and knows what the squad needs better than any of us. So I have complete faith in him, If he fails then he will have to face the consequences.

In any team you need 2 players at least for every position. That makes 22 players, Then to make up the 24 it would most likely be a 3rd keeper and another position. It's also worth noting that many players can play in various positions, IE Carey can play at Cb and Rb.

It may seem like over kill to you but when one gets injured and another gets banned at the same time then you can possibly understand why Gj has brought in another cb.

Having a strong defence is key to any promotion bid and squad depth is also key to that.

If you need two players for each position don't you think then that it's overkill that we will have 3 or 4 players for each centre back position?

Our defensive strength would be better served by plugging the weaker areas - notably the full backs neither of whom we have cover for (unless you move Carey out of his most effective role).

Nothing against McCombe at all and he does seem like a decent signing from what Lincoln fans say, but I just find it strange there's no apparent movement on the weakest spots in the team yet we're strengthening the strongest part.

If you need two players for each position don't you think then that it's overkill that we will have 3 or 4 players for each centre back position?

Our defensive strength would be better served by plugging the weaker areas - notably the full backs neither of whom we have cover for (unless you move Carey out of his most effective role).

Nothing against McCombe at all and he does seem like a decent signing from what Lincoln fans say, but I just find it strange there's no apparent movement on the weakest spots in the team yet we're strengthening the strongest part.

Yes but come August I don't think we will have 5/6 cb's. Hopefully partridge will move on, Be it a loan deal or a transfer. Keogh will I think also go out on loan as he is near the end of the que for a starting place and James Wilson is not even close to ready to play 1st team football yet.

So then take away them three were left with, Heywood, Carey, McCombe and possibly Fontaine as I feel the deal is not dead yet.

Yes I would liek to also see the weaker positions sorted and i'm sure they will be, It just takes time.

Personally, I thought it was a strange signing, especially as the Fontaine deal is not yet dead, and Partridge is still with us. With the players who are listed, if they stay, will they get a chance pre-season on a par with the others, or will they be frozen out whatever?

Personally, I had hoped that this season would see Keogh emerge, and I fear that this will just block his First Team chances, unless Heywood is unfit or off. The other thing that worries me is that he has been compared to Bas in this thread!!!!! :rolleyes:

Personally, I thought it was a strange signing, especially as the Fontaine deal is not yet dead, and Partridge is still with us. With the players who are listed, if they stay, will they get a chance pre-season on a par with the others, or will they be frozen out whatever?

Personally, I had hoped that this season would see Keogh emerge, and I fear that this will just block his First Team chances, unless Heywood is unfit or off. The other thing that worries me is that he has been compared to Bas in this thread!!!!! :rolleyes:

If the lad is a good player then I do not see it as a strange deal. We need as many good players as we can get in all areas of the pitch. Whether Keogh emerges is up to him. He will get games in pre-season the same as everybody else. It is up to him to perform better than the rest - the way it should be at a successful club.

Only until McCombe signed for City, all reports prior to that said he was 6ft 5"...

Since when has he claimed that extra inch in height to become 6ft 6"?!

...Is it because he is now feeling "just that little bit taller" having just signed for a Club in a "higher" division?!

Only until McCombe signed for City, all reports prior to that said he was 6ft 5"...

Since when has he claimed that extra inch in height to become 6ft 6"?!

...Is it because he is now feeling "just that little bit taller" having just signed for a Club in a "higher" division?!

No no, they measured him at different times of the day. You're about half an inch taller when you first get up!

Archived