IGNORED

Summer Signings

tommy doc

We've got our first two summer signings under our belt, a striker and a centre back, but how many more do we need/will we make?

The general consensus seems to be that we will sign another striker. (But with Brooker, Jevons, Stewart and Cotterill, i personally don't think we need one.)

However we are in desperate need of a left sided midfielder. If we could get someone with a bit of experience, say in their late 20's, then they could be instrumental in making sure Williams develops into the quality player it appears he could be.

Finally it is also generally agreed that we need a second goalkeeper, someone who will want to be playing week in week out, so as to create competition for the gloves, and prevent complacency.

In theory, we could do with cover at left back as Woodman is our only option, but a season long loan of a young prem or championship player would provide cover and competition, and be much more financially viable than a permanent signing.

So, i believe we need two more permanent signings, and a young laonee, but i think it will be three permanents and the loanee, but i havn't got a clue who any of them could be.

How many more signings do we need, for what positions, and who will they be? Over to you.

• Admin

In theory, we could do with cover at left back as Woodman is our only option, but a season long loan of a young prem or championship player would provide cover and competition, and be much more financially viable than a permanent signing.

Last Saturday one of our players was asked about potential signings and he said he had heard we may sign a left back from Brentford.

Maybe the signing on McCombe will influence whether Fontaine will be joining City from Fulham.It could be that Johnson isn't now looking to sign another center back.

I agree that City need another left sided player that could play either in midfield or at left back but I've no idea who might be in the frame.

With Brooker possibly going,obviously City will be signing another striker,possibly Reddy but his career goal record is not that impressive.Its only been last season that he started find ing net regularly.Both Johnson and Steve Lansdown have said publically that they are looking to add another striker.

Midfield looks fairly good with the exception of a left sided player.Noble,Skuse,Brown,Russell,Murray and possibly Wilkshire are all decent players.

Lets not forget that another 'keeper is reqiured as well.

Another 3 players would be my guess.

Left winger is the absolute number one priority for me.

If Phillips goes I think we need to sign a first choice goalkeeper rather than a backup.

We need cover for left back too. I guess Carey/Wilson will have to suffice for the right side should Orr be injured.

Pacy striker wouldn't go amiss but I think that will depend on the transfer listed players going and any offer coming in for Stewart.

Archived