IGNORED

What's The Most You Have Ever Had To Fork Out For An Away Game?

GeoTheCiderHead

Slightly random topic, but just wondering what was the most that you have ever had to spend on watching City away or at neutral grounds? Was speaking to some Grimsby Town fans on the train to Bristol Temple Meads on the way back from the Millennium Stadium and one bloke had paid £66.40 return fare from Sheffield, he also stayed overnight in Cardiff last night and spent £40 on his match ticket and saw them play crap and lose....that was him and 5 others so between them they must of spent over a grand.

Guest Cary Grant supported City

Me and the other half flew from Jersey to East Midlands Airport, then drove to Grimsby, (Cleethorpes in reality) for the Tuesday Night Away game a couple of seasons ago, then flew back to Jersey to continue the holiday, and i had to fly the Mother in Law from the Czech Republic to Jersey to Babysit for us!!,

But as we get staff discount on standby tickets it wasn't realty that expensive,

except for the petrol.

But seeing us continue that winning run we were on at the time,

PRICELESS!!.

:farmer:

Me and the other half flew from Jersey to East Midlands Airport, then drove to Grimsby, (Cleethorpes in reality) for the Tuesday Night Away game a couple of seasons ago, then flew back to Jersey to continue the holiday, and i had to fly the Mother in Law from the Czech Republic to Jersey to Babysit for us!!,

that grimsby game is still one of my most favourites games ive ever been too :blink:

drove all that way to stand, sing and go top of the league

all the games i got to are free!!!

thanks dad :dance:

that grimsby game is still one of my most favourites games ive ever been too :blink:

drove all that way to stand, sing and go top of the league

all the games i got to are free!!!

thanks dad :dance:

totally, was a great match, well worth the journey up and stayed over up there too. I don't think I have been anywhere that smells of fish absolutely anywhere you go! haha Remember that game luc? :)

totally, was a great match, well worth the journey up and stayed over up there too. I don't think I have been anywhere that smells of fish absolutely anywhere you go! haha Remember that game luc? :)

Oh my gosh i missed this thread!!! Was a great couple of days!! Top of the league!! Woooo!! The smell was vile though, awful!! :( Well worth it though, quality game!!

Thanks for reminding me Nailsea :)

B****y play off final Vs Brighton..Worst football experience ever...I live 36 miles from the Stadium yet it cost me..

£60 Tickets

£4.60 Bridge toll

£260 To stay in the St David's Spa hotel after the game as a treat for the other half...(which so happened to be the place that the B****y Brighton team were staying!)

£80 for dinner

£60 Sppeding ticket on the Sunday getting away from the place

£120 extra on my insurance because of the B****y speeding ticket

and an infinite amount of money since in counselling due to the fragile wreck the whole experience has left me in....

:crying:

Oh my gosh i missed this thread!!! Was a great couple of days!! Top of the league!! Woooo!! The smell was vile though, awful!! :( Well worth it though, quality game!!

Thanks for reminding me Nailsea :)

i don't think ive ever seen so many tanning shops either :blink:

i got caught speeding away after the game as well, welsh police Bas***ds!

The Welsh dibble do this whenever there's a large crowd expected in Cardiff. Quite a sneaky, and borderline genius, way to make a few quid. Mobile speed cameras spring up along the M4, and up the A449 towards the Midlands. My Dad got caught at the LDV final, and I know people who've been down to watch Liverpool there who've had the same thing happen.

Archived