IGNORED

Free Speech

WTFiGO!?!

You should only be able to say whatever you like if you are fully answerable for ALL of the consequences.

Freedom of speech without responsibility is just a license for unfair defamation.

I'd absolutely love to see some more stringent laws passed making individual journalists liable to get nailed if they lie or misrepresent things.

Also, retractions should be published with exactly the same veracity that initial mud flinging stories are. On the first 16 pages in the case of most tabloids in this country.

You should only be able to say whatever you like if you are fully answerable for ALL of the consequences.

Freedom of speech without responsibility is just a license for unfair defamation.

I'd absolutely love to see some more stringent laws passed making individual journalists liable to get nailed if they lie or misrepresent things.

Also, retractions should be published with exactly the same veracity that initial mud flinging stories are. On the first 16 pages in the case of most tabloids in this country.

I agree with you there. That should come under professionalism, but somehow does not.

What about freedom to speak as an individual?

I agree with you there. That should come under professionalism, but somehow does not.

What about freedom to speak as an individual?

Same applies IMO, you can do just as much if not more damage by saying things to one person only. There's a whole murky area of proof though.

Basically lying sods should just die, then everyone can say what they like :cool:

Archived