IGNORED

Brooker Leaving

basshead

had a conversation with friend today who heard from someone who was an ex board member that brooker to norwich is an already done deal. not sure if its 700 or 900 grand but to me its not enougth considering two years left on his contract . i don't post much and would not have done this if i hadnt heard where it came from

had a conversation with friend today who heard from someone who was an ex board member that brooker to norwich is an already done deal. not sure if its 700 or 900 grand but to me its not enougth considering two years left on his contract . i don't post much and would not have done this if i hadnt heard where it came from

Old news, rumours been around for weeks, not sure if true or not though, hopefully it aint :pray:

Think Lansdown will come under some serious flak if this does occur. I would seriously question getting a season ticket next year, promotion or not, would feel that we have been duped!

Think Lansdown will come under some serious flak if this does occur. I would seriously question getting a season ticket next year, promotion or not, would feel that we have been duped!

don't think Lansdown would get serious flack, Brooker is a footballer and they move on. Thats the way things go, hes a decent player but to get upset and worry about getting a S/T etc is a bit over the top.

Do you support Bristol City or Steve Brooker :Confused13:

don't think Lansdown would get serious flack, Brooker is a footballer and they move on. Thats the way things go, hes a decent player but to get upset and worry about getting a S/T etc is a bit over the top.

Really, so who in the current crop of superstars is better than Brooker.........I await your reply with baited breath.

If the Club were going to sell Brooker, as a sales person you would leave it until after the early bird prices had finished. However, that would come with the price of alienating supporters who would percieve this as hanging on to bad news until people had commited. I seriosly believe that no Brooker will equate to yet another season in this toilet of a league.

Heard from someone whos a EX board member! Gosh Sainsburys was it? He'd know then, we will see but frankly more c##p

Really, so who in the current crop of superstars is better than Brooker.........I await your reply with baited breath.

If the Club were going to sell Brooker, as a sales person you would leave it until after the early bird prices had finished. However, that would come with the price of alienating supporters who would percieve this as hanging on to bad news until people had commited. I seriosly believe that no Brooker will equate to yet another season in this toilet of a league.

There is not a better striker in this league;but why should this chairman want to change a yearly habit of dumping our best player :dunno:

B.C but not nessecarily mr Lansdown :o

I heard this today as well, the club are apparantly keeping it quiet until they shift more st's ala lita

How unusual; round and round we go never to move forward :doh:

If Brooker is sold for less than Lita was then I would be very unhappy. For one Brooker has twice as long on his contract than Lita did and imo is a more all round player than Lita. If we were to sell then I would be very unhappy with anything under 1.5million.

But Brooker is to City what Henry is to Arsenal. He's one of them players that we would find very hard to replace.

If Brooker is sold for less than Lita was then I would be very unhappy. For one Brooker has twice as long on his contract than Lita did and imo is a more all round player than Lita.

IF Brooker is sold it is down to one person and that is not Steve Brooker; remember that please :(

I don't usualy get involved with these kind of threads

however ........

I answer with the word RUBISH

:)

What are peoples interpretation/thoughts of the saying 'no smoke without fire' ?

I too don't usually get involved with threads that are repeated weekly.

If he is sold I'd like to see SL given a lot of flak, 1.5 mil and I'd probably accept it though.

I wouldnt like to see him go but just think what we could do with 700-900k we good get at least 3 decent players with that if sl puts it into the club.

Do you really think that the money from the sale of Brooker would be used to buy new players, not a chance it will get brushed to one side like every other transfer fee we receive.

Over the past few summers we have sold our top scorer, Lita, Thorpe, etc. How can you move forward when you keep weakening the team. If we keep the team in place we played the last six or so matches with, then add a few. Then we can start to believe at long last we could have a good season.

What are peoples interpretation/thoughts of the saying 'no smoke without fire' ?

I too don't usually get involved with threads that are repeated weekly.

If he is sold I'd like to see SL given a lot of flak, 1.5 mil and I'd probably accept it though.

As already stated I would feel duped, write a letter to the Chairman and not renew next season, regardless of what league we are in. Although without SB, feel pretty sure we will not get promoted; with the caveat that this was a transitional year etc etc. Not exactly revolutionary, but just about all an individual can do.

and I thought the compensation of buying an early ST was getting it cheaper than if you buy later - not a gaurantee that this player or that will not be sold- don't want to see Brooker leave but if he has the opportunity to earn more and play in a higher league club should not stand in his way- use the money wisely is all I would expect.

Can we please stop this Norwich nonsense.

They have currently on their books. Earnshaw, Huckerby, McKenzie, McVeigh and Thorne. They don't need Brooker and even if he went he wouldn't play.

He may go somewhere else. I doubt it for now but i think there'll be a release clause in his new contract when/if he signs it.

Do you really think that the money from the sale of Brooker would be used to buy new players, not a chance it will get brushed to one side like every other transfer fee we receive.

You could be right there but I think Lansdown wouldn't survive the backlash if he didn't re-invest at least £350k.

BCAGFC

Someones gotta go; surely we cant take these new signings on board without increased imput from somewhere; and as M.S looks like he aint going nowhere; odds on Brooker to pay the bill :(

After now recieving more info on this subject my above quote is rubish.

It seems brooker is off :(

and your info was......................... :dunno:

After now recieving more info on this subject my above quote is rubish.

It seems brooker is off :(

I'll be amazed if this isn't just the same rumour as before being repeated.

Just that it's coming from someone in the SC this time would be my guess.

You realise this is all because chesh saw a Norwich scout at one of our games and they'd just sold Ashton? :rolleyes:

Have a read of this.

and I thought the compensation of buying an early ST was getting it cheaper than if you buy later - not a gaurantee that this player or that will not be sold- don't want to see Brooker leave but if he has the opportunity to earn more and play in a higher league club should not stand in his way- use the money wisely is all I would expect.

Got to disagree we need him for another season, we need to keep the strikers we have (well most :shutup: )as well as the ones brought in; and then we will be in a higher league ourselves the season after.

Archived