IGNORED

Fontaine

sparkyboy72

That's classic :rofl2br:

it's not classic, it's a sad indictment of the way agents muddy the waters.

GJ's comments about 'negotiating with Fulham although not talking to them' makes sense.

Fontaine should think long and hard about his agent.

It makes it as likely that his agent will play us off against Crewe when it comes to personal terms too.

It's not a given that we'll get him.

GJ's comments about 'negotiating with Fulham although not talking to them' makes sense.

It makes it as likely that his agent will play us off against Crewe when it comes to personal terms too.

He's got a very young family now so its obvious that he is going to try and get the best deal for himself...but at the same time he isnt likly to want to move too far from London.

Hmmm...well perhaps it also suggests the club is finally learning to play the game well in its own interests.

BCFC don't set the rules but they've certainly fallen victim to them in recent years and been made to look naive at the least. If we have to accept the rules are there, then those at the club have a responsibility to play them as far as possible to the advantage of BCFC rather than any other club, player or agent.

Finally, we seem to be playing hardball.

I actually feel more confident now because if Crewe can afford him, so can we and with the previous connection with GJ & City, I'm quite hopefull........wonder if they want Partridge :rolleyes:

We've agreed terms

Agreed but I think we will

• Admin

Good news! We havent got him yet but its looking good. Crew must be getting really pissed of with us! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Crewe have any left winger or striker targets we could nip in and pinch at the 11th hour? :ph34r:

I would hope that we are in a better position than Crewe, if we fail to get this player then I'd wonder why. Fontaine enjoyed a good run in a side playing promotion form football. He knows the players, manager and set up at the club.

Crewe would be a step into the unknown for him, also they maybe a bit 'flat' following relegation.

Yes, it's good we are now 'playing the game', we've taken so long to catch up and we've missed out a few times too many times.

What's the change in Agents rules mentioned? Fontaine has to pay his agent rather than the clubs involved? when did this happen? This has got to be a good thing hasn't it?

i think, and this is my opinion, that we could well see a back 4 of carey, fontaine, mccombe, woodman next season.

this would mean either orr or heywood on the bench, with the other one leaving. my money would be on heywood leaving

If we do get Fontaine I think we'll end up starting with the back line that did so well in the latter part of last season.

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

Woodman

Then it will be down to the others to force them out of the side. We will have quite a few options at the back though.

Orr

Carey

McCombe

Fontaine (left back)

alternativey

Carey

McCombe

Fontaine

Woodman

or

Carey

McCombe

Heywood

Fontaine

....I'm sure you get the picture.

If we do get Fontaine I think we'll end up starting with the back line that did so well in the latter part of last season.

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

Woodman

Then it will be down to the others to force them out of the side. We will have quite a few options at the back though.

Orr

Carey

McCombe

Fontaine (left back)

alternativey

Carey

McCombe

Fontaine

Woodman

or

Carey

McCombe

Heywood

Fontaine

these are the permetations GJ knows will be avaliable. he knows what he's doing, we have now got cover with fontaine and carey being able to revert to full backs i don't think any will leave (apart from parto obviously). we have cover and excellent options at the back.

I think that article's a bit of silly sour grapes. Sounds like we'd already agreed terms with Liam, Crewe tried to nick him and failed, and we're just arguing with Fulham about compo. What they're whining about I have no idea.

Could this mean Heywoods spell at City could Come to an End?????

No but the competition will be stiffer.

Cover for CW at left back as well :)

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

Woodman

Orr

Carey

McCombe

Fontaine (left back)

alternativey

Carey

McCombe

Fontaine

Woodman

or

Carey

McCombe

Heywood

Fontaine

McCombe can play up front so if we don't sign a target man......and I think we will, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in that role if it's only from the bench.

Archived