IGNORED

Settle The Score

Mikenoski

Nibor,

Apologies for getting wound up...

I just don't think that my view of GJ's judgement is based on opinion.

I'm not sure you could convice me otherwise and I almost certainly wont convince you that it is based on fact.

We can only agree to disagree.

I cant believe I'm allowing myself to get wound up by your ridiculously silly comments.

GJ CHOSE THE TEAM THAT GOT THE RESULTS - HIS JUDGEMENT OF THOSE PLAYERS WAS CORRECT AS THOSE PLAYERS PERFORMED AND GOT DECENT RESULTS.

If GJ had done as you have said above and we had lost 10 games...I couldnt possibly argue that he has sound judgement BASED ON RESULTS.

You said in your first post that Savage's work rate played a large part in turning the season around and implied that anyone who disputes that or GJ's judgement in selecting him was moaning for the sake of moaning, not really a city fan and rambling negatively. The whole post basically said "I'm indisputably right so shut up if you disagree".

You seem to think I'm arguing with your conclusion. Though I don't think it's by any means a complete picture, and don't agree with it, I am not arguing with it in this thread because it's been done to death. I'm arguing with your assertion that it's a fact.

Nibor,

Apologies for getting wound up...

I just don't think that my view of GJ's judgement is based on opinion.

I'm not sure you could convice me otherwise and I almost certainly wont convince you that it is based on fact.

We can only agree to disagree.

No problem, I think this should make it clear what I mean.

Your view is not based on opinion, it's based on facts like the results you mention.

But it is not in itself an indisputable fact.

There are other facts, and there are other possible interpretations of the facts your view is based on.

That's what I've been trying to say.

You said in your first post that Savage's work rate played a large part in turning the season around and implied that anyone who disputes that or GJ's judgement in selecting him was moaning for the sake of moaning, not really a city fan and rambling negatively. The whole post basically said "I'm indisputably right so shut up if you disagree".

You seem to think I'm arguing with your conclusion. Though I don't think it's by any means a complete picture, and don't agree with it, I am not arguing with it in this thread because it's been done to death. I'm arguing with your assertion that it's a fact.

No problem, I think this should make it clear what I mean.

Your view is not based on opinion, it's based on facts like the results you mention.

But it is not in itself an indisputable fact.

There are other facts, and there are other possible interpretations of the facts your view is based on.

That's what I've been trying to say.

Well then, we are clearly both misunderstanding eachother as I have never said that I am indisputably right. I was just saying that the FACT is that GJ's judgment is sound.....and THAT is an indisputably correct statement.

We could go on all day like this so I will just leave it at that.....and then we can both walk away from this debate thinking we are right!

As is your opinion, but in this case you are wriong.

No, you are: Baz is/was/will always be one of the most inept footballers we have ever seen in a City shirt. Bambi, is too kind a description for him. Hope we never get another one like him!!

As to doing a job, thats your opinion. Neither him, Stewart or McCammon were the answer to the problem.

Nibors opinions are a damn sight more credible than yours on this subject.

I disagree with him on the subject of Stewart, but all other points are valid.

If the Stalinists here will allow an opinion - Bas was total pants, I felt embarrassed seeing such a useless lump in a City shirt. Had it been Tins that signed him, nobody would disagree. How anybody could rate him ahead of Bridges, Stewart and Gillespie is beyond me. We had a good run despite him, not because of him. Before I get hauled off to the Gulags for daring to express an opinion, just see where he is playing next year - I doubt it will even be for a Club in the Conference!

I cant believe I'm allowing myself to get wound up by your ridiculously silly comments.

GJ CHOSE THE TEAM THAT GOT THE RESULTS - HIS JUDGEMENT OF THOSE PLAYERS WAS CORRECT AS THOSE PLAYERS PERFORMED AND GOT DECENT RESULTS.

If GJ had done as you have said above and we had lost 10 games...I couldnt possibly argue that he has sound judgement BASED ON RESULTS.

But Mike I don't believe that his judgement of players WAS correct, thats my opinion like you have yours, because I believe he picked the wrong players at times, was he sound in his judgement when we had our bad run?

Archived