IGNORED

O.t.i.b's Third Official Challenge

Evy11_BCFC

IPB Image

In July 2005 after an extensive search for a new manager of Real Madrid after Vanderlei Luxemburgo's departure from the club, president Florentino Pérez hired unknown Spanish manager Javi Gonzalez as the new boss.

Gonzalez had a dream of creating a world-class team like the Real Madrid of yesteryear, the days of Di Stefano and Puskás or more recently the likes of Davor Šuker, Clarence Seedorf and Zinedine Zidane that made up three UEFA Champions League title winning teams of 1998, 2000 and 2002.

The first step of Gonzalez's plan was to sell all personnel from the club and bring in younger replacements that in a few years would be the best in the world and ensure Real Madrid were back on top. Beckham went back to Man Utd, Ronaldo to his native Brazil to play for Sao Paulo, Julio Baptista to Barcelona, Iker Cassilas to AC Milan, Jonny Woodgate to Middlesbrough the list was endless.

Then as the new Real Madrid boss was about to make his first purchase for the club disaster struck. The Spanish authorities had been monitoring Real Madrid's transfer dealings for a number of years, many of which are revealed as illegal. Zinedine Zidane's £47 million move from Italian giants Juventus said to among the illegal deals.

Zidane was released from the club and Real Madrid's season was in tatters. The government had put a stop Real's ability to sign players and they were left with 'B' team players to play out the season.

The government lifted the ban on the 19th November and with the transfer window closed until January Madrid were unable to buy anymore players yet.

It's the 1st of January. Real Madrid are lying at the bottom of La Liga with a dismal three points from 17 games and have only hit the net four times. Javi Gonzales has just been sacked because of his poor reign as manager and Senór Pérez is putting his faith in you to take Real Madrid back to the big time. The transfer window has just reopened and you have been equipped with a £126 million transfer kitty and a £1.75 million per week wage budget.

Your Challenge is save Real Madrid from Relagtion and then Lead Real To Domestic and European Glory by winning the treble, this is the League, the Champions League and the Spanish Cup. The Person to do this in the shortest game time will be winner.

Use the money wisely and take Real back to the top.

Same Rules as usual, No Cheating and Screenshots will be needed of your progress.

The winner of this challenge will earn 5 points

SAVE GAME DOWNLOAD:The Challenge

Patch 6.0.2 or above needed

IPB Image

In July 2005 after an extensive search for a new manager of Real Madrid after Vanderlei Luxemburgo's departure from the club, president Florentino Pérez hired unknown Spanish manager Javi Gonzalez as the new boss.

Gonzalez had a dream of creating a world-class team like the Real Madrid of yesteryear, the days of Di Stefano and Puskás or more recently the likes of Davor Šuker, Clarence Seedorf and Zinedine Zidane that made up three UEFA Champions League title winning teams of 1998, 2000 and 2002.

The first step of Gonzalez's plan was to sell all personnel from the club and bring in younger replacements that in a few years would be the best in the world and ensure Real Madrid were back on top. Beckham went back to Man Utd, Ronaldo to his native Brazil to play for Sao Paulo, Julio Baptista to Barcelona, Iker Cassilas to AC Milan, Jonny Woodgate to Middlesbrough the list was endless.

Then as the new Real Madrid boss was about to make his first purchase for the club disaster struck. The Spanish authorities had been monitoring Real Madrid's transfer dealings for a number of years, many of which are revealed as illegal. Zinedine Zidane's £47 million move from Italian giants Juventus said to among the illegal deals.

Zidane was released from the club and Real Madrid's season was in tatters. The government had put a stop Real's ability to sign players and they were left with 'B' team players to play out the season.

The government lifted the ban on the 19th November and with the transfer window closed until January Madrid were unable to buy anymore players yet.

It's the 1st of January. Real Madrid are lying at the bottom of La Liga with a dismal three points from 17 games and have only hit the net four times. Javi Gonzales has just been sacked because of his poor reign as manager and Senór Pérez is putting his faith in you to take Real Madrid back to the big time. The transfer window has just reopened and you have been equipped with a £126 million transfer kitty and a £1.75 million per week wage budget.

Your Challenge is save Real Madrid from Relagtion and then Lead Real To Domestic and European Glory by winning the treble, this is the League, the Champions League and the Spanish Cup. The Person to do this in the shortest game time will be winner.

Use the money wisely and take Real back to the top.

Same Rules as usual, No Cheating and Screenshots will be needed of your progress.

The winner of this challenge will earn 5 points

SAVE GAME DOWNLOAD:The Challenge

Patch 6.0.2 or above needed

What an epic story :crying:

So believable :rolleyes:

edit: cannot download it! Says that 'there are no download slots available'!!!!!

edit again: Note to self. Got it working.

You need to download WinRar, just type that into google and download the first one that you can.

Then Download the file and save it in:

My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2006 > Games

It should be with all your other Fm saved games.

Then right click on the file that you have just downloaded and click Extract Here

The icon should then appear the same as the other save games. Then simply load up your Football Manager and it should be there, If not say, and i'll do my best to help.

Good luck and I'll try to find you a link for Winrar. :D

Here you go - Download WinRar

Click free download in the blue box and then run.

You need to download WinRar, just type that into google and download the first one that you can.

Then Download the file and save it in:

My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2006 > Games

It should be with all your other Fm saved games.

Then right click on the file that you have just downloaded and click Extract Here

The icon should then appear the same as the other save games. Then simply load up your Football Manager and it should be there, If not say, and i'll do my best to help.

Good luck and I'll try to find you a link for Winrar. :D

Here you go - Download WinRar

Click free download in the blue box and then run.

Thank you for that. All worked fine ...... until I went to load the game. An error message appeared saying 'Load Failed' 'The save game could not be loaded' :dunno:

I am running version 6.0.3 is that helps.

Not to sure really, Can you send me a screenshot of where you have put the file with your other save games, and i'll see if i can figure it out from there.

Is it working on everyone elses fine? It works on mine.

If not I suppose you could just try downloading again.

Not to sure really, Can you send me a screenshot of where you have put the file with your other save games, and i'll see if i can figure it out from there.

Is it working on everyone elses fine? It works on mine.

If not I suppose you could just try downloading again.

Its working on mine, bet real madrid wishing it hasnt the way its going at the mo :laugh::doh:

Thank you for that. All worked fine ...... until I went to load the game. An error message appeared saying 'Load Failed' 'The save game could not be loaded' :dunno:

I am running version 6.0.3 is that helps.

Have you edited the database?

Also seems a good challange but il probs give this a miss for now as I like to have more leagues selected or load all players from certain countries just because I like to have more choice to choose from.

Good luck all anyways!

Have you edited the database?

Also seems a good challange but il probs give this a miss for now as I like to have more leagues selected or load all players from certain countries just because I like to have more choice to choose from.

Good luck all anyways!

Hows everyone doing?

I'm 19th 10 points away from 17th :doh: beat valencia who were 2nd 4-1 though god knows how i done that with such a poor team.

I brought Phillips for my number 1 keeper, that nakamura(spelling) from celtic, Luca toni for 10 mil, marclehino for 10 mil aswell i think, made some decent signings like rothen and paulo cesar and also metzelder from dortmund :), i aint hopeful of staying up though :doh:

Ok Then, anyone know what keeps happening, something keeps messing my team up, i had my usual starting 11 as they normally are then when i started amatch it was all muddled up, cotterill was centre back and lovenkrands was playing even though he was on the bench :doh:

Not only that i Paulo cesar is injured for a month and they wont let me play my other right back and i only have 2 right backs out of the 3 squads, I'm buggered :doh:

About 25 games in so far and 2 points off safety. Only lost one game which was against Deportivo. But still, have beaten teams like Betis 5-0 away and am also in the final of the spanish cup!

Have signed a hell of a lot of players though to have a good challenge in the cup and league next season.

Some of the players to mind:

De Rossi from Roma - 28Mil

Llorente from Bilbao - 8mil

Igor Akinfeev CSKA Moscow - 15mil

Zat Knight - 2.5mil

Christian Zaccardo Palermo - 10mil

Vincent Kompany - about 8mil

Thomas Rosicky - 9mil

Jermaine Jenas - 9.5mil

Plus some bargain buys such as Hugo Almeida and youth like Emrah Ekin. Am getting Recoba at the end of the season and that Iran international from FC Bayern as well of a batch of youngsters (mainly Spanish).

So far so good. :rolleyes:

About 25 games in so far and 2 points off safety. Only lost one game which was against Deportivo. But still, have beaten teams like Betis 5-0 away and am also in the final of the spanish cup!

Have signed a hell of a lot of players though to have a good challenge in the cup and league next season.

Some of the players to mind:

De Rossi from Roma - 28Mil

Llorente from Bilbao - 8mil

Igor Akinfeev CSKA Moscow - 15mil

Zat Knight - 2.5mil

Christian Zaccardo Palermo - 10mil

Vincent Kompany - about 8mil

Thomas Rosicky - 9mil

Jermaine Jenas - 9.5mil

Plus some bargain buys such as Hugo Almeida and youth like Emrah Ekin. Am getting Recoba at the end of the season and that Iran international from FC Bayern as well of a batch of youngsters (mainly Spanish).

So far so good. :rolleyes:

got llorente and getting recoba, i have spent most of my budget

got llorente and getting recoba, i have spent most of my budget

Yea I've spent most of my budget. All I want to sign now is another centre back.

So far on my challenge I have played about 33 games and am now 13th! Safe now near enough and beat Barcelona in the cup final 3-2! I think it was a last minute winner too!

The window has just closed and am currently on a 4 match winning streak. Havent signed nearly enough players, only me to blame, but the ones I have signed are quality. I recommend Fred a must in any team!

Even though ive only played five games I think safety should come quite easily.

One thing though, would it have been possible to change Real's reputation. So far its been a little easy to sign the big players therefore making the challenge a little harder.

My football manager is loaded on a different computer without the internet.

Is there anyway of playing this challenge still, or is it not possible?

Put the save game file onto a blank cd and then put it in the computer with fm on.

Then for screenshots you could take them and put them on a floppy disk and put it in the computer with the internet.

Put the save game file onto a blank cd and then put it in the computer with fm on.

Then for screenshots you could take them and put them on a floppy disk and put it in the computer with the internet.

Don't worry Codders, sorted it for him now. He never had WinRar either so I got that sorted :D

finished 9th, was up to the dizzy heights of 8th at one point.

the supporters and the board are a bit demanding, 2 losses in 20 games and they were dissapointed and "a group of supporters have been openly sceptically about my ability"...images of forums came into my head...

anyway so long as the board don't sack me in the mean time(i have asked for extra time to rebuild the squad so i should be alright) I'm fairly confident i can win the league next season

ive got the EURO vase to compete for aswell... :laugh:..that counts as part of the treble right... :dunno::blush:

Its the 1st of april 2007, 8 games left of the second season, just took 1st place off of barca and am in the final of cup agaisnt real sociedad

IPB Image

la liga..baby

IPB Image

fixtures

IPB Image

my players in for my 1st season

I didn't sell any players in my first season

IPB Image

my players in for the current season

IPB Image

my players out

IPB Image

my tictacs

This challenge has been so far been good I have done better than I would have expected, made some bad signings though mainly being carlton cole. Julio baptista is a beast, which I think is his nickname anyway! I got 27m to spend next season for hopefully an assault on the champs league!

Archived