IGNORED

Lansdown

next_year_I_hope

It happend to me when i was at West Brom. It was during the january window of the 2008/09 season, i'd not been in the job long and had a massive clearout where i got rid of 8 1st teamers to cut the wage bill as they had been relegated the previous season, and i'd signed 6 players to replace them and the chairman said to go and sign a big name and said that i could break the transfer budget aswell to get them in. So i bought Mohamed Zidan from fulham for 2.9mil and the day after i signed him he said he was happy that i'd gone and got someone who would improve the profile of the club.

Lansdown is tight fisted on my game. He wont give me a extra penny to spend on a player, I got to make my own money.

However it is cool that he has never ever asked me to buy a star player, But saying that I buy one star player every summer and then the rest of the transfers are youths.

I just guess he trusts my judgement on players. But I would tell him where to go if he wanted me to sign a player I didn't want after all I have done for Bristol City.

But I have heard on other forums if you don't sign someone then he will and that player could be total cack.

The worst chairman for buying players I have heard is that Roman bloke from Chelski.

my mate was manager of chelsea and roman bought 2 players both for over 12 million without even asking him.

my mate promptly sold one to middlesborough for 7 million, but kept the other as he was quite good

Abramovich does that all the time, you will have to buy players or he will.

BCAGFC2

The worst chairman for buying players I have heard is that Roman bloke from Chelski.

That is true, but it can be quite handy. For example, I was Chelski and Abrahmovic was saying I needed to buy world class players. I was desperate for a decent leftback and had a 30m bid turned down for Ashley Cole. I ended up signing Giorgio Chiellini from Juve for about 6mil (who is also quality, I must add), and 2 days later Abrahmovic signed Ashley Cole for me for 22mil.

I don't know how he managed it, considering the previous week I had bigger bids turned down. :dunno:

In my game at arsenal, the arsenal chairman wants me to go out each season and buy world class players. one season in the summer i'd signed chivu, and then after the season began he was unhappy cos i didnt get in any world class players, so he went out and offered 60 million on a left winger, and after he signed, then i'd only got about 1 million left in the bank.

Archived