IGNORED

Dooby Dooby Do ...

Rudolf Hucker

Aint heard that one in a while Rudolf, use to love that song away from home

Can never understand why it's not sung more Arny. It was unique to City as far as I know - never heard it anywhere else. I especially liked it because I knew all the words. Last time I can recall it was the match which saw us promoted up at PNE.

Watching the World Cup and listening to the songs of the Argentinian supporters made me think of it. I think it's time for a revival to spur us to promotion again this year. What say you?

Dooby dooby do ...

Can never understand why it's not sung more Arny. It was unique to City as far as I know - never heard it anywhere else. I especially liked it because I knew all the words. Last time I can recall it was the match which saw us promoted up at PNE.

Watching the World Cup and listening to the songs of the Argentinian supporters made me think of it. I think it's time for a revival to spur us to promotion again this year. What say you?

Dooby dooby do ...

Me to Rudolf, remember going to QPR BRENTFORD LUTON SWANSEA, and we sang it for ages and ages.

Its so easy as well.

I know BrianRed will remember it, and would love to hear it again at the gate.

Lets wait and see.

PS liked the bit.....!i knew all the words".............. :laugh:

Me to Rudolf, remember going to QPR BRENTFORD LUTON SWANSEA, and we sang it for ages and ages.

Its so easy as well.

I know BrianRed will remember it, and would love to hear it again at the gate.

Lets wait and see.

PS liked the bit.....!i knew all the words".............. :laugh:

Yeah your right Arny, it went on and on, but there were other songs that have left these shores, but hear even teams like Japan coming out with the tunes i haven't heard for a while. Just tells me how popular English songs are. :englandsmile4wf: : Thanks for thinking of me and old songs Arny :D

Guest DrFaustus

:chant6ez:

... Do dooby dooby dooby dooby do

Do dooby dooby dooby dooby dum dum

Dooby dooby dum dum

Dooby dooby dum dum dum .....

The beauty of it, is that you mad interbred illiterates don't have many words to learn.

Bless you all.

Guest I bleed red 'n' white

The beauty of it, is that you mad interbred illiterates don't have many words to learn.

Bless you all.

well a chant is a chant.

(define chant: a group of fans who come together and sing, this song is a chant)

(define fans: a group of people who support a team, be it football, rugby, ping pong etc.)

(define football: game where the ball is passed aroung with an attempt to get the ball in the net)

i would define rugby and ping pong but you should know enough about them.

Guest DrFaustus

well a chant is a chant.

(define chant: a group of fans who come together and sing, this song is a chant)

(define fans: a group of people who support a team, be it football, rugby, ping pong etc.)

(define football: game where the ball is passed aroung with an attempt to get the ball in the net)

i would define rugby and ping pong but you should know enough about them.

Define joke: I was having one.

Mad interbred illiterate that you are eh?

Yeah your right Arny, it went on and on, but there were other songs that have left these shores, but hear even teams like Japan coming out with the tunes i haven't heard for a while. Just tells me how popular English songs are. :englandsmile4wf: : Thanks for thinking of me and old songs Arny :D

Thats because were OLD :crying: .............but love it.............. :farmer:

Bless you all.

don't go there Doc or..................the lads and lasses will pop up to Bris, whip yer pants down and give u a right good portion.............. :farmer:

I remember belting out this song along with hundreds of other City fans as we headed for the exits at away games, much to the bemusement of the locals. Used to be sung at fantastic volume with real gusto.

Also remember singing it to my 2 kids when i was changing their nappies :blush::city: so it must have been around in the early 90's if not before.

Great song, uniquely City and a crying shame that it 's been allowed to fade away.

I know it's from the 1950's :dunno: film Tom Thumb, but anyone know when it was first adopted by City fans, and more to the point, why?

:chant6ez: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Doooooooooooooooooby, Dooooooooooooooooooby Doooooooooooooooooooo :chant6ez::w00t:

Guest DrFaustus

don't go there Doc or..................the lads and lasses will pop up to Bris, whip yer pants down and give u a right good portion.............. :farmer:

OK, sounds like fun to this old degenerate :D

Great song, uniquely City and a crying shame that it 's been allowed to fade away.

I know it's from the 1950's :dunno: film Tom Thumb, but anyone know when it was first adopted by City fans, and more to the point, why?

Well I first remember it being sung in maybe the mid-late 80's in the Enclosure, with hundreds of us dancing around, even doing it at half time during a few games.

Rumours of the death of this song have been greatly exaggerated though. I've certainly heard it and indeed sung it myself at City games over the past couple of seasons, home and away.

As far as I remember, it was sung as an affectionate reference to the City`s 1980s psycho dwarf Steve Galliers. I definitely remember it at Fellows Park c.1988. I thought everybody knew that.

On the subject of nostalgia, I have just found my yellow/black ski hat. My five year old son thinks that it is fab!

As far as I remember, it was sung as an affectionate reference to the City`s 1980s psycho dwarf Steve Galliers. I definitely remember it at Fellows Park c.1988. I thought everybody knew that.

On the subject of nostalgia, I have just found my yellow/black ski hat. My five year old son thinks that it is fab!

I was at all the Fellowes Park matches of the late 80's, including the horror shows, and singing that coming out after the first play-off final there does ring a bell. High spirits even though City had just lost the toss and we had to return there a couple of days later.

As for Steve Galliers, interesting theory, but i'd be surprised as he was neither psychotic enough nor indeed popular enough to warrant such a historic display of affection from the City hoardes. Fairly ineffectual if i remember rightly, but the Tom Thumb/dwarf bit certainly fits.

I remember it from the Wembley finals in the mid 80's (Bolton / Mansfield), can't remember which one though.

Stood outside the stadium before the game and then during the match.

I think it started on "Steve Wright in the afternoon" when he was on Radio 1 late 80's early 90's

Several clubs picked up on it but I think only we kept it up for several seasons particularly (as already stated) on leaving away games.

I t was great to see how long we could keep the starting Ohhhh going for,,

I remember the song well, it used to go on for ages and get louder and louder until everyone joined in (those were the days!).

Somehow I think of Middlesbrough, probably about '87. did we nick it from them, if not we definately sung it there?

I went to Boro in `87. They definitely did not sing it (obviously allowing for 80`s alcoholic mist!).

my alcholic mist is playing tricks on me then, I thought we sang it there? Where in the hell was I then? 20 years ago is too hard to remember sometimes! :D

:chant6ez:

... Do dooby dooby dooby dooby do

Dooby dooby dum dum

Dooby dooby dum dum dum .....

If memory serves, 'This was our song..Our very own song.. and we could sing it short.. or we could sing it long....ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

(wait for it)oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

dooby dooby dooby dooby do

Dooby dooby dum dum

Dooby dooby dum dum dum .ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo etc

Definitely started in the back right corner of the enclosure sometime mid 80's. Oh for the days when we could get away with it!!

Archived