IGNORED

The Queen

Guest Score

My reference was to the four players listed in a previous post, not to footballers generally.

Personally I feel it is rude and unpatiotic for them to slouch around during their country's anthem. There used to be some pride in wearing the shirt and representing the nation, doesn't seem to be the case for some these days.

I think that there are two ways to look at this. I love the players singing the anthems loud and proud but you can also see the passion burning in Rooney, Cole, carraghers and coles faces. They are 100% focussed on the game and that is there way of preparing. It doesn't come down to knowing the words or having the mental ability to string a passage of 60 words together it comes down to preperation for a football game and how you can even think about questioning rooneys passion to play for england. Did you not see his dissapointment at being subbed? Did you not see him run round tirelessly and make a lot of unselfish runs?

Ooopps, it seems a long way down from the pedastal I just got on!

I think that there are two ways to look at this. I love the players singing the anthems loud and proud but you can also see the passion burning in Rooney, Cole, carraghers and coles faces. They are 100% focussed on the game and that is there way of preparing. It doesn't come down to knowing the words or having the mental ability to string a passage of 60 words together it comes down to preperation for a football game and how you can even think about questioning rooneys passion to play for england. Did you not see his dissapointment at not being subbed? Did you not see him run round tirelessly and make a lot of unselfish runs?

Ooopps, it seems a long way down from the pedastal I just got on!

If you mean did I see him spitting his dummy out then yes.

If you mean did I see him spitting his dummy out then yes.

Can you not see the passion when he plays? Can you not see the winning mentality that boy has?

If you think that was just a childish spat and has nothing to do with passion, desire to win and the attitude that he wants to go out and win every game by scoring goals then I'd advise you to go and read your daily mail!

Luckily for us most people can see beyond what you can.

Can you not see the passion when he plays? Can you not see the winning mentality that boy has?

If you think that was just a childish spat and has nothing to do with passion, desire to win and the attitude that he wants to go out and win every game by scoring goals then I'd advise you to go and read your daily mail!

Luckily for us most people can see beyond what you can.

The "spat" shows immaturity if nothing else. Regardless of his age he should show a little bit of professionalism. If <enter any City player name here> did it for example, i would expect them to be disciplined and dropped for the following game. There were no public reprimands, simply because it was Wayne Rooney.

It pangs of disrespect not singing your own national anthem.

No need for the childish remark at the end either.

The "spat" shows immaturity if nothing else. Regardless of his age he should show a little bit of professionalism. If <enter any City player name here> did it for example, i would expect them to be disciplined and dropped for the following game. There were no public reprimands, simply because it was Wayne Rooney.

It pangs of disrespect not singing your own national anthem.

No need for the childish remark at the end either.

Why not? If people don't have the respect to answer all of the question but pick up on one area that they think proves them to be right I won't give them the respect with my answer.

Yes, he is immature and that needs to be channeled but to say he has no passion is simply foolish. Look at his eyes, watch the guy play, feel the enthusiams that rubs off onto his teammates and enjoy the way he attacks every ball.

If any city player showed that much commitment to the cause I would never think about reprimanding them. We have seen so many wasters come through and pick up their wage packets that I am surprised and actually dismayed to think that people can say that Wayne Rooney is not passionate about playing for England because he is apparently too stupid to know the words of a national anthem.

Why not? If people don't have the respect to answer all of the question but pick up on one area that they think proves them to be right I won't give them the respect with my answer.

Yes, he is immature and that needs to be channeled but to say he has no passion is simply foolish. Look at his eyes, watch the guy play, feel the enthusiams that rubs off onto his teammates and enjoy the way he attacks every ball.

If any city player showed that much commitment to the cause I would never think about reprimanding them. We have seen so many wasters come through and pick up their wage packets that I am surprised and actually dismayed to think that people can say that Wayne Rooney is not passionate about playing for England because he is apparently too stupid to know the words of a national anthem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but RevKev didnt ever say that Rooney lacks passion. He stated that he feels that players who fail to sing to the national anthem lack pride. I wont insult your intelligence by explaining the difference between the two

If (and this is my own opinion) a poster decides to comment on only one part of a thread then they are within their rights to do so. I understand your frustration but at the end of the day it is only a matter of opinion.

I take your point with regard to City's own players, but disagree in that i feel the need for the right attitude combines the maturity to accept the managers decisions - and force your way back into the team through playing, instead of throwing a tantrum - as well as the passion. I think this is the train of thought that GJ is on, a la Jermain Easter. The guy clearly had ambition, but his attitude wasnt right.

Rooney plays ALL of his football with passion, not just for England, but by failing to show respect, (IMHO mainly to the fans) by not singing to the national anthem shows a lack of pride.

Back on subject though. I still say No.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but RevKev didnt ever say that Rooney lacks passion. He stated that he feels that players who fail to sing to the national anthem lack pride. I wont insult your intelligence by explaining the difference between the two

If (and this is my own opinion) a poster decides to comment on only one part of a thread then they are within their rights to do so. I understand your frustration but at the end of the day it is only a matter of opinion.

I take your point with regard to City's own players, but disagree in that i feel the need for the right attitude combines the maturity to accept the managers decisions - and force your way back into the team through playing, instead of throwing a tantrum - as well as the passion. I think this is the train of thought that GJ is on, a la Jermain Easter. The guy clearly had ambition, but his attitude wasnt right.

Rooney plays ALL of his football with passion, not just for England, but by failing to show respect, (IMHO mainly to the fans) by not singing to the national anthem shows a lack of pride.

Back on subject though. I still say No.

Point taken, I knew that I sould have got off the pedestal earlier.

However I don't necessarily think that Rooneys outburst was directed at the manager or was disrespectful towards anyone in particular. I felt that it was more to do with his performance and that he didn't achieve the standard that he set for himself.

I'm very impressed to date with the players actions in singing the anthem and they all do seem up for it and I still believe that those that don't sing aren't disprespecting the fans but are getting ready for the game in their way. I don't think you can question their attitute once they get on the pitch.

I was actually quite willing to slate the players who didn't sing for the anthem during the first game but looking at the line up during the anthem those players really look up for it and are pretty barrell chested rather than slouching around.

Damn, how did I get up here again?

How dare you suggest I rad the Daily Mail? The only time it gets used in my house is to line the bottom of the budgie cage.

I don't sing "Come on you reds" for nothing.....

Sorry. I really shouldn't use the daily mail slur at people. If someone said that to me I would not be a happy bunny, although I have no inclination of the political feel of the paper.

The one thing I would say is watch the eyes of the guys who aren't signing. I see pure burning passion and a hint of pride in them!

Point taken, I knew that I sould have got off the pedestal earlier.

However I don't necessarily think that Rooneys outburst was directed at the manager or was disrespectful towards anyone in particular. I felt that it was more to do with his performance and that he didn't achieve the standard that he set for himself.

I'm very impressed to date with the players actions in singing the anthem and they all do seem up for it and I still believe that those that don't sing aren't disprespecting the fans but are getting ready for the game in their way. I don't think you can question their attitute once they get on the pitch.

I was actually quite willing to slate the players who didn't sing for the anthem during the first game but looking at the line up during the anthem those players really look up for it and are pretty barrell chested rather than slouching around.

Damn, how did I get up here again?

Cheers mate. I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Archived